Lose 5 Pounds a Month September 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Need to stay focused on losing after this week of bloat that I'm in right now!!
    SW (today): 186.6 (horrid monthly bloat is on!!)
    I want to be under 180 by the end of September!!!
  • Lauragreene72
    Lauragreene72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great...I'm In:)))))
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options

UConn--- where are you going to school? How is 2L treating you? It is awesome that you are able to balance that with your weight loss journey; very inspirational for me! I am happy that taking time off was a good decision for you. I hope it is the right decision for me, too. It is absolutely the right thing for me in the short run, as I felt I was closing in on “padded cell crazy!” I guess I will find out about the long run in a few years! Thank you for your kind words, and keep up the hard work.

I go to University of Miami School of Law! I have actually NOT done the best with balancing my weight loss, but I really want to prioritize my health and weigh loss with school better than I did last year.
  • FitMami26
    Options
    Count me in!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Theresa - it's funny what you wish for isn't it. It's gone cold here in England, but fires because it's so dry don't sound very good at all. Why can't we even out the difference, have a bit of rain and sun each.,...seems fair to me!!!

My first weigh in since 1st will be on Saturday...and yes every week I face weigh-in anxiety. Even when you know you've been good cos it's awful when you do everything right and the results don't show on the scales...but Saturday it is, I've made a decision and will stick to it, and then next will be Mon 19th...eeeeeeek.

Sounds tough for you 55 - current economic climate really doesn't help things does it :(

Current economic climate? Im not sure what you mean but if you mean the weather then it sure hasn't been cooperating thats for sure
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    1 Sept: 112
    8 Sept: 110
    15 Sept:
    22 Sept:
    29 Sept:

I BROKE MY PLATEAU!!!!!!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1st Sept: 152.1
    8th Sept: 150.6
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    And here I go...

09/01 - 152.6
    09/08 - 152
    09/15 -
    09/22 -
    09/29 -
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    only down 1 lb but ran 6 days so I guess that is better than nothing. I will take the 1 lb. need to work harder next week.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Theresa - it's funny what you wish for isn't it. It's gone cold here in England, but fires because it's so dry don't sound very good at all. Why can't we even out the difference, have a bit of rain and sun each.,...seems fair to me!!!

My first weigh in since 1st will be on Saturday...and yes every week I face weigh-in anxiety. Even when you know you've been good cos it's awful when you do everything right and the results don't show on the scales...but Saturday it is, I've made a decision and will stick to it, and then next will be Mon 19th...eeeeeeek.

Sounds tough for you 55 - current economic climate really doesn't help things does it :(

Current economic climate? Im not sure what you mean but if you mean the weather then it sure hasn't been cooperating thats for sure

Sorry - I meant the global financial crisis, everything going up in costs, redundancies, pay freezes etc! But weather in England is rubbish too, thank goodness for the gym!!
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    CW: 160.4

That's 2.2 lbs in ONE week!!!! Funny how weight loss works like that.. last months challenge I broke completely even with a weight loss of 0!
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'm going to be able to keep up, we've got lots of participants (yippeee!) but my weekly weigh-in is officially 301.4. I KNEW last week was wonky, but it was what the scale said.....I'm WELL on my way to 5 pounds, wonder if I can double it :)
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sept 1: 159.
    Sept 8: 155
    Sept 15:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 30:

Let's see if I can keep it up!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Sept 1: 136
    Sept 8: 135 (1 lb down!!!)
    Sept 15:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 29:

We can do this!!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'm going to be able to keep up, we've got lots of participants (yippeee!) but my weekly weigh-in is officially 301.4. I KNEW last week was wonky, but it was what the scale said.....I'm WELL on my way to 5 pounds, wonder if I can double it :)

Celebrate the victory! Way to go!
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    9/01 - 176
    9/08 - 175
    9/15 -
    9/22 -
    9/30 -
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I was planning my "official weigh in" tommorow. But I HAD to get on the scale today to see if that HUGE jump in weight from last month was real. And it was half real- because I have been eating out of control and half fake- because of TOM and sun/alcohol bloat!

I will definitely be aiming to lose more than 5 from my SW! Hope everyone is having a good week! I got up this morning to do my INSANITY workout and I am TRYING to not go over my calories today, which I have been doing WAY too often lately! See you all tommorow for weigh in! Congrats on the losses already!
  • Laurla11
    Options
    Sept 1: 174.0
    Sept 8: 171.8
    Sept 15:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 30:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Check my signature, not a great loss but its a step in the right direction. Also out of the 180's. Hope I stay there but I have been under the last few days so when the appetite returns it will be hard. I also did something to my lower back so I am taking it easy for a few days. Hope it feels better soon.

Some of you are doing fantastic. Keep working at it. You did not learn these habits in one day and you will not change them instantly.

Terri
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1 Sept: 112
    8 Sept: 110
    15 Sept:
    22 Sept:
    29 Sept:

I BROKE MY PLATEAU!!!!!!

Yay! That's SUCH a great feeling!