Let's get 'Turbo Fired' up!

Options

Replies

• holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This is why I could never get past like day 5 of the 30 Day Shred! :laugh:

I know what you mean about not enough variety with 30DS. I couldn't do it for the whole time either. You could use them as workouts now to switch up TF occasionally. I do like doing a mix schedule of ChaLEAN Extreme for that reason.

Yesterday was Fire 30 for me, I think I'm finally not lost in the routine. Today is a CLX workout...

I've been starting to look into getting the CLX program. Right now I've been subbing any strength and toning days of TF with different Cathe DVD's. Can you (or anyone) tell me if CLX is similar to Chalene's toning exercises in TF (using the bands). I found I like lifting actual weights better. It looks like some of CLX is weights but I'd love to know the break down of the DVD's...thx!

I did Fire 55EZ yesterday and HIIT 15 this morning.

Good luck this weekend all! ......and welcome to any newbies!

i have only done one day of clx but i have scanned through most of the dvds and they have a band option but they use dumbbells
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

I've been starting to look into getting the CLX program. Right now I've been subbing any strength and toning days of TF with different Cathe DVD's. Can you (or anyone) tell me if CLX is similar to Chalene's toning exercises in TF (using the bands). I found I like lifting actual weights better. It looks like some of CLX is weights but I'd love to know the break down of the DVD's...thx!

I did Fire 55EZ yesterday and HIIT 15 this morning.

Good luck this weekend all! ......and welcome to any newbies!
    The workouts in CLX are different than TF toning exercises but the bands are an option. There is actually a dvd that comes with the program that shows proper band technique, then during every workout there is always one person using the bands so you can watch them.
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've been using the bands for CLX and they work great! Sometimes I have to pause the DVD to switch sides or to change bands but only for a few seconds.

McFatterton - I always think about how much my body is changing and that is all the motivation I need to keep going. I think Week 5 and Week 6 will provide you with what you need to keep going. I feel like these two weeks were the weeks where I saw the biggest changes in my body so far.
  • cassandra1491
    Options
    Started my turbo fire this past week! so far i love it and have no doubts! i know it will help me reach my goal by jan! i want to be fit for my 21st bday!!
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I just did Fire 55! I can't believe how how sweaty I was! It was a lot of fun.
  • SherryP71561
    Options
    This morning I did Chalene's Burn it Up, Chalean Extreme and Extreme Abs. Tomorrow morning is Hiit 20 followed by Tone 30. Love Chalene!
  • applejacks1
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm just seeing this post, but have been wondering if anyone on here does TurboFire. I started TF 22/8/11, so I'm now in week 6 (prep schedule). According to tracking my progress by the TF calendar, I've lost 3lbs (although checking after that, it looks like it came back. So I dunno..). It'd be great to have a little support here since everyone here is doing at least one of these programs. I'll try to be on here and log when possible. For some reason the app is no longer working on my phone, so I haven't been logging. Not sure if the problem will be resolved anytime soon. But I'll check this post when possible.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    did fire 45 ez class today...liked this one , was some what easier to learn the moves. my recovery week is almost over then on to the push month of clx. kinda missing my weights.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Finally the weekend! Today is a TF rest day for me. I went out and ran for 40 min. I had to get out this morning since this was the first cool morning we've had since the winter....it was beautiful. Tomorrow will be a tone day so I'll be doing a Cathe DVD and then on to week 5 for me starting on Monday.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Rest day and I've got a headache. Nice. I'm into week 5, though, which is where CLX switches from Burn to Push..I'm digging the heavier weights so far. The only sad thing about month 2 is that Fire 45 is only on the schedule twice.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    finished week 4. today was fire 45 class. take measurements and pics tues or wed. tomorrow start the push circuit on clx.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Push circuit is supposed to use heavier weights than Burn. I'm using 10-15 for upper (depending on what muscle we're working) and 25 for lower.
  • stormy213
    Options
    Hi all!

Started week 4 today....I did Fire 45 this morning (my favorite). DH and kids are out of town so I cranked it up and let loose! I have to admit I didn't eat too well this weekend.....not as bad as I used to be but still not as good as during the week. With that said, I am back on track today.
  • salvarado08
    salvarado08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have just one thing to say to everyone who loves Turbo Fire:

I'm NOT tired and I CAN do this!!!!!
  • stormy213
    Options
    HIIT 15 and strength training this morning....will jump on the elliptical after work and catch up on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills....reality TV junkie here!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I had my alarm set for 6:30 so I could go run, but I woke up at 5. After no success in falling back to sleep, I got up, did CLX Push 3 and then ran. It's now 7:30 and I've burned over 1000 calories. I've got to admit, there's something to be said for waking up early.
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did Fire 30 and HIIT 15 this morning...I skipped the Fire 30 cooldown and the HIIT 15 warmup. I really enjoyed mixing it up a little and have missed the HIIT workouts!!!
  • applejacks1
    Options
    Fire55 EZ for me this morning. Loved it!
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TURBO FIIREEEEEEEE!!!

You are NOT tired!!!!!! :laugh:
  • nydoll911
    nydoll911 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    Just got started on TF Monday, first HIIT workout today and I feel like I'm dying. Did the whole thing but seriously how long did it take before you guys didn't feel like you were gonna die during the workout. And seriously the "break" is so not long enough. I guess I'm used to TJ......I do love the workout, just kinda whining lol. Also how did you guys track it, I did the HIIT 15 and I put it as aerobics, high intensity but it only gave me 122 cals, I think I burned way more than that.....Thanks for listening.