Let's get 'Turbo Fired' up!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm SO excited to get started with Turbo Fire....now, if it would just get here already! I wasn't going to start this thread until I got Turbo Fire in the mail, but I know that some of you have already started. So, let's use this thread to motivate each other!

I plan on taking before/after pics (I want that free tank top! :laugh: ) and taking measurements. If anyone else is interested, that would be great! I plan on posting before/afters once I'm all completed with Turbo Fire.

And yes, I know that the title for this thread is corny, but I'm not very creative......but I am pretty corny :tongue:

Let's do this!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did take before pics about 3 weeks ago when I was starting ChaLEAN Extreme. Now, I'm doing a hybrid of the 2...started yesterday. Hopefully in a couple months I will have great aftet pics to share. :)
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I started Turbo Fire yesterday (as I missed monday) and am going to do Tuesdays week 1 workout today instead. It would definitely be good to keep each other motivated as it is a very long program!
  • boniboo
    boniboo Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello everyone! Tomorrow I"m starting Turbo Fire & Chalean Extreme Hybrid. I'm hoping to stay on track. As for today I'm going for a long walk.
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I should be getting mine in the mail today and I'll be starting tomorrow. Today I'll work on getting my measurements and pics out of the way.
  • ostar8433
    Options
    My TurboFire is coming on Saturday. I will be out of town when it comes in :cry: , so I plan on starting on Tuesday!! I'm so excited!!!
  • kellybstampin
    Options
    I just ordered mine today, so it might be a week before I get it....I'm SO excited! Glad to have another group to keep me accountable...
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad we have so many people on board!!! Mine finally got here this afternoon - I may do the 'Get Fired Up' DVD tonight - all depends on when my hubby is done with his workout (he's doing Insanity) after my son goes to bed.

I would like to try it now, but I have a feeling that if I turned off Baby Einstein and turned on Turbo Fire, there might be a bit of a meltdown in my house. :happy:
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started Turbo Fire 8/21 and love it! I also added the ChaLEAN Extreme workouts 8/28. I'm hoping to get some major results within the next 60 days!

Boniboo how are you incorporating both workouts? I've been doing Turbo Fire each day and then added the ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit workouts 3 days this week.
  • Maggie612
    Options
    I have had Turbo Fire for about a month now and could certainly use some encouragement. Every week my schedule keeps getting messed up and I miss a couple workouts so I keep restarting week 1. I have high hopes of moving on next week. I have lost 6 pounds though :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the Turbo/CLX hybrid tomorrow. So excited!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Boniboo how are you incorporating both workouts? I've been doing Turbo Fire each day and then added the ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit workouts 3 days this week.
    There's a hybrid schedule..just google it; that's what I did. :smile:
  • shellbell525
    Options
    I've been doing chalean extreme/turbo fire hybrid of sorts, the schedule the have didn't work well for my schedule so I came up with my own version. I love turbo fire, I think the cardio is better than what comes with chalean extreme. Good luck to everyone!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Kayli! I'm on week 4 of Turbo Fire! I have taken "before" pics and I will be taking them every 4 weeks along with measurements! I plan on doing the 5 month program and then possibly doing it again! So far I LOVE it! I did INSANITY in June and I completed it and liked it, but for some reason I just like TF more!

I am also lifting during my TF so I don't know if I will see much of a weight loss if I am gaining muscles. That is where the measuring tape and pictures come in! :smile:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just started today and WOW! It's fun but super fast paced!:noway: I had to back off several times becuase I couldn't keep up plus my HRM says my heart rate was up to 190! Is this OK? Holy crap, if I can keep with it eventually I think I'll get some great results. As of right now I feel a little overwhelmed.:blushing:
  • ReneeClaireR
    ReneeClaireR Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP but came across this post and wanted to jump in and say I LOOOOOOOVE Turbofire! Im on week 4 of the TF/CLX hybrid and i feel stronger and have more endurance. I havent lost any weight but i'm breastfeeding my daughter and it's sooo hard for me to lose weight while breastfeeding (although most people find it EASIER to lose weight when they BF)

Loooove Chalene!! She is so motivating!

Heather
  • McFatterton
    Options
    I guess I should have done a little introduction when I originally posted this. Better late than never!

My name is Sara, I just turned the 'dirty' 30 in April and am a stay at home mommy to my 9 month old son. I live in a small town in Michigan, but because of my husband's job we're currently spending half our time in our home in MI and half our time in a different home in MD. We also have a 3 1/2 year old Goldendoodle who is pretty much the best dog ever :tongue:. I started getting serious about losing weight in January, have lost almost 40lbs so far and want to lose another 20lbs then figure out where I want to go from there. Hoping to be at my goal weight/size (whatever that may be) by my 31st birthday next April.

Tell us about you!
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP but came across this post and wanted to jump in and say I LOOOOOOOVE Turbofire! Im on week 4 of the TF/CLX hybrid and i feel stronger and have more endurance. I havent lost any weight but i'm breastfeeding my daughter and it's sooo hard for me to lose weight while breastfeeding (although most people find it EASIER to lose weight when they BF)

Loooove Chalene!! She is so motivating!

Heather

Welcome! I'm also breastfeeding my son. We're down to only 4 feeds/day so I've cut out the extra calories per day I was getting (oh, how I miss those calories!) I know a lot of women do have trouble losing weight while BF, just keep it up - at least you're being healthy!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    A little about me. I am about to turn 41...Sept.25th, I will be married for 22 years this November. We have a son (he'll be 16 in Oct) who has high functioning autism and a daughter who just turned 13. I work in a special needs classroom for a school in our district. Actually, school starts tomorrow!

Anyway, in regards to weight. I never really had a problem until my early 30's. I have yo-yo'd up to 40 pounds about 3 times now!!! I am deterrmined for that to stop. I joined MFP last June and did well during the summer. When we went back to school I slacked and gained weight. Started tracking and exercising again in December...that last a few months...slacked again, gained.....I've been at it again since this summer. I want to stop this pattern of 2 steps forward, 1 step back....

OK enough babbling from me! I am excited to get to know all of you!:flowerforyou:
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm doing TF now and am on week 5! It gets easier the more you do it. The first time you get a really good sweat and the endorphin rush will have you wanting to do more. Today was the off day according to the schedule enclosed with the program. I had a stressful day at work...and I can't wait to push play tomorrow morning!! If I'm really tired, I follow Allie. She modifies everything.

Oh Let me introduce myself. I'm Rhonda, I'm 33...birthday's in a few weeks. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance a little over a month ago. My OB wants me on Metformin, but I told him I want to work on it naturally. He agreed and said I'd have to have labs in October. Im determined to have great results.

I look forward to pushing play with you guys!!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I was going to edit my original post to put in my intro, but the edit link was missing. Oh well. I'm Leilani, I'm 21 forever (that's what I tell people, although truthfully, I'll be 25 on Sept. 13). I was around 180 all through high school, so I was never skinny, but when I started dating my ex, my weight shot up to 260. I decided I was going to break up with him and it occured to me that if I was going to be single again, I should probably try to look good, so I started working out and watching my calories. I moved back home and started dating my neighbor (who I had had a crush on forever). When we started dating in March 2010, I was 245 and now I'm down to 195. He goes running with me, and walking, and we occasionally ride bikes together. That's pretty much it about me unless you want to hear my struggles about not being able to find a teaching job since I graduated in Dec. 09. :ohwell: