Let's get 'Turbo Fired' up!

Options

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Sara- after a few sessions doing the "new to class" my friend (who is doing it with me) and I got over it and said we'd just try to go for it and it was pretty easy! I think sometimes when she would break it down I would think too much during the routines but now it's pretty good!

I like Turbo Fire so much more than Insanity...not really sure why, maybe it's the music and Chalene? Or maybe it's that I'm not jumping and killing my knees every 2 seconds.

Next week I plan to add in some C25K into my routine. Lately I have been lifting and on heavy cardio days (Fire 55 EZ or Fire 45) I don't do any cardio and on light days I walk at an incline. As much as I do with TF, I am out of shape with running...big time! I plan on running a 5k at the end of October so I want to get my butt in gear!! Oh, and how do I have all this time to workout?? I am unemployed at the moment, I have nothing better to do!

I'll probably do the same thing - think about it too much! I have Zumba for the Wii and I picked up on that pretty quick....but this is much faster paced than that. I'm also doing C25k......well, I've been kind of doing my own version, but going to do the actual schedule starting tomorrow. I'm doing a 5k with my sister and some of her friends (Including Kellybstampin!) on Thanksgiving. I did it in 2009 and had to walk most of the way. I'd love to be able to jog the whole thing this time!

It's going to be like a bazillion degrees here today and, since my husband is cheap, I'm like the only person in the US that doesn't have central air. Waiting for Redmond to go down for his nap so I can get this workout in, then take a nice, cold shower!
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Oh, and I wanted to ask - are there different moves for each of the classes, or does she incorporate the same moves throughout?
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I wanted to ask - are there different moves for each of the classes, or does she incorporate the same moves throughout?

she uses a lot of the same but in different combinations. i think every workout has something new with old incorporated.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    For those of you that are saying it's hard to hear her over the music, are you choosing the pummped up(or whatever its called) music version? I have only done HIIT 15 and Fire 30 and did not choose that and had no trouble hearing Chalene.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have had turbo fire since May. I did about 5 weeks, then a few parts of the next two weeks then fell off. I've started over and am on week 3, but not as the schedule says. I would love to, but its just not working out that way. So, I'm going to do what I can and aim for 4 days of workouts, more if I can get it but at least 4.

I will read through all the threads. I did read the one about doing the two workouts back to back or not. It is really up to you. I do them together usually. I think the increase in cals burned is realized because you did them together. I think that if you don't do them together you are still burning more cals, but it's at rest and not through the workout so you don't see them on your HRM. I like to see them so I'd probably do them together to see it.
  • boniboo
    Options
    Today I did ab burner and recharge. It was perfect because my back was sore and it's feeling good now. I'll finish it up with some yard work since it was a lite workout.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow turboites!

I'm bummed because the Fed Ex tracker says I won't get my shipment until next Wednesday....I really wanted to start this weekend. In the mean time, I'm trying to get an idea of the actual plan....if anyone has the time to respond that would be great. How many days /week do you do a DVD? It sounds like there is a calendar that you are supposed to follow? OK and for the silly question of the day....do the numbers after the title indicate how long the workout is?

Thanks, and feel free to friend me....I'd love some motivation/company through this!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow turboites!

I'm bummed because the Fed Ex tracker says I won't get my shipment until next Wednesday....I really wanted to start this weekend. In the mean time, I'm trying to get an idea of the actual plan....if anyone has the time to respond that would be great. How many days /week do you do a DVD? It sounds like there is a calendar that you are supposed to follow? OK and for the silly question of the day....do the numbers after the title indicate how long the workout is?

Thanks, and feel free to friend me....I'd love some motivation/company through this!

Yes, the number is how long the workout is. If you do the "new to class" version it adds a little more time - I think. I think the clock stops during that. But, yes, the number is the minutes roughly.

There is a 12 week schedule (that has some advanced weeks also if you bought the advanced dvds). 6 workouts a week with 1 rest day. The first section of 4 weeks is HIIT, the workouts are more focused on the HIIT workouts. The second 4 weeks are cardio - which are more of the Fire45, 45EZ, Fire30 and Fire55. The last 4 I believe are HIIT again, but more intense than the first 4...I haven't quite made it to that section yet.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow turboites!

Shamrock pretty much answered everything there for you! The rest day on the calendar is Wednesdays. I personally would rather work out so I have my rest days on Sundays.
  • McFatterton
    Options
    I did Fire 30 & Stretch 10 today - what a great workout! I did the 'New to Class' for Fire 30 and it helped a little bit. I'm pretty good with the second set, almost have the first set down, but the third set, with all those different punches and turns and whatnot - I'm SO lost! So, I just bounce around and punch, trying to do what they're doing, but I know I look like a fool!

My arms and shoulders are killing me! They hurt so good!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I did Fire 30 & Stretch 10 today - what a great workout! I did the 'New to Class' for Fire 30 and it helped a little bit. I'm pretty good with the second set, almost have the first set down, but the third set, with all those different punches and turns and whatnot - I'm SO lost! So, I just bounce around and punch, trying to do what they're doing, but I know I look like a fool!

My arms and shoulders are killing me! They hurt so good!

You will have to tell me what you think when you do Fire 45...it's my favorite!! I think I have that one tomorrow too!! :)

I lifted chest & triceps today and then did Core 20. Yes, I skipped Stretch 40...it drives me nuts...I may have to force myself to try to like it.
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi! I found this post when I did a search about Turbo Fire. I'm a Turbo Fire junkie! It's truly my soulmate workout! I've been doing it since February! I've completed the 20 wks and now I'm on Round 2 of Turbo Fire b/c I just can't get enough. After this 2nd round of TF, I'll probably try Insanity. I'm definitely stronger than when I was in Feb and I'm so ready for more fitness challenges.
    I've lost 70.5 lbs since Feb (just join MFP on August 9 to help me with the last lbs)... my main workout for all those 70 lbs has been TF! And of course, I've changed my eating habits big time!

TF is the one and only workout that has held my attention this long and I'm still excited to do it every day. I love that there are so many different workouts. And I love that I can still smile throughout all of them even tho I'm sweating buckets. Oh and even now, 6 months later, I'm still challenging and pushing myself to do more, give more as Chalene keeps prompting us to do. Even today, I did Fire 45 and I got my heart rate up to 181 after a fire drill!! LOVE it!

On HIIT workout days, I try to do a strength workout too - either Core or Sculpt or one from the advanced DVD set.
    Glad to find others out here in MFP land that love TF too!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm all for TurboFire!!! I'm in the middle of a TurboFire/P90X hybrid! LOVE it!!!
    I'm also taking Shakeology and having a great experience with it. I just became a coach so that I can save a little $$ on the shakes, lol. So glad to have come across this thread with so many people following Chalean's workouts!!

You're NOT tired!!!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Hi! I found this post when I did a search about Turbo Fire. I'm a Turbo Fire junkie! It's truly my soulmate workout! I've been doing it since February! I've completed the 20 wks and now I'm on Round 2 of Turbo Fire b/c I just can't get enough. After this 2nd round of TF, I'll probably try Insanity. I'm definitely stronger than when I was in Feb and I'm so ready for more fitness challenges.
    I've lost 70.5 lbs since Feb (just join MFP on August 9 to help me with the last lbs)... my main workout for all those 70 lbs has been TF! And of course, I've changed my eating habits big time!

TF is the one and only workout that has held my attention this long and I'm still excited to do it every day. I love that there are so many different workouts. And I love that I can still smile throughout all of them even tho I'm sweating buckets. Oh and even now, 6 months later, I'm still challenging and pushing myself to do more, give more as Chalene keeps prompting us to do. Even today, I did Fire 45 and I got my heart rate up to 181 after a fire drill!! LOVE it!

On HIIT workout days, I try to do a strength workout too - either Core or Sculpt or one from the advanced DVD set.
    Glad to find others out here in MFP land that love TF too!

70.5 lbs, that is AWESOME!! When did you start seeing results with TF? I am ending week 4 and I will start Week 5 on Monday. Like you, I love, love, LOVE it! I fully intend on doing the whole 20 week program!
  • runamym
    Options

70.5 lbs, that is AWESOME!! When did you start seeing results with TF? I am ending week 4 and I will start Week 5 on Monday. Like you, I love, love, LOVE it! I fully intend on doing the whole 20 week program!

I starting losing weight immediately, but I was 227.5 back then when I started. I think in my first week, I pulled a big # like 7 lbs loss. And had not been exercising at all. Plus, I'm not eating as many carbs as I used to (including brown rice or wheat pasta) -- No rice, pasta or potatoes. I do eat SOME light 40 calorie per slice bread or 50 calorie tortilla. I eat some cereals, but they have to have some protein in them. So the weight loss happened immediately. Although I couldn't do all the moves back in Feb., I just kept moving - didn't stop. Made little goals along the way. Like next time, I'm going to do ALL the jumping jacks she asks for - and not just the modified ones. etc...
    Now I try to do all the plyometric jumps that Chalene does and I try to do them as high as Monica or Jenelle does! I'm sure I don't come close, but in my mind I feel like I'm getting higher on my jumps each time.
  • runamym
    Options
    meant -- I had not been exercising before I started Turbo Fire. Had gone from complete couch potato -- had pneumonia just 2 wks before -- to starting TF. I think my body was in complete shock that first week. LOL! I've come a long way since then!
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cruisinamy your weight loss is awesome!! I love doing TF! Chalean is upbeat without being obnoxious. Tomorrow is fire 45 for me. It's hard, but I really like doing it. Lets go get it!!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Cruisinamy your weight loss is awesome!! I love doing TF! Chalean is upbeat without being obnoxious. Tomorrow is fire 45 for me. It's hard, but I really like doing it. Lets go get it!!

I have Fire 45 tomorrow too!! my favorite! Are you ending week 4??
  • boniboo
    Options
    I did burn circuit 1 today. I can't wait to get further in and do more. My goal is to get back to P90x and get ready for P90X2. Love the burn!

6335455.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Did Fire 45, no lifting today, tomorrow is my rest day!! Now, time to go on my parents boat!