Let's get 'Turbo Fired' up!

Options

Replies

• runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1! Man, Stretch 40 was soooooo boring! It was tough sticking through that whole thing.....it's just so slow compared to all of the fast paced workouts.

Oh, and I HATE planks!!!!

i did the first 3 minutes of the stretch 10 and then skipped all the "stretch" ones from then on. i want to die they are so boring. i did tone 30 for the first time, and i was rather bored too. i stopped early because i feel sick all of a sudden, really i do.

That's so funny what everyone is saying about Stretch 40. I thought I was the only one. LOL. I hate Stretch 40, too. I alway sub that workout for some other 45 mins routine like Fire 45 or 45EZ. I think it's way too slow and boring, too. And I don't think it's the yoga that bothers me. I've taken a power yoga class before that was fast-paced - moved thru the movements pretty fast -- it was an intense workout. I think the Stretch 40 could be more intense.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1! Man, Stretch 40 was soooooo boring! It was tough sticking through that whole thing.....it's just so slow compared to all of the fast paced workouts.

Oh, and I HATE planks!!!!

i did the first 3 minutes of the stretch 10 and then skipped all the "stretch" ones from then on. i want to die they are so boring. i did tone 30 for the first time, and i was rather bored too. i stopped early because i feel sick all of a sudden, really i do.

That's so funny what everyone is saying about Stretch 40. I thought I was the only one. LOL. I hate Stretch 40, too. I alway sub that workout for some other 45 mins routine like Fire 45 or 45EZ. I think it's way too slow and boring, too. And I don't think it's the yoga that bothers me. I've taken a power yoga class before that was fast-paced - moved thru the movements pretty fast -- it was an intense workout. I think the Stretch 40 could be more intense.

I never even thought of doing another workout with Core 20 besides the dumb stretch one lol. I'm TOTALLY stealing that idea! Fire 45 is my FAVE so I think that might be the winner....this week anyway! :o]

Today I am lifting back & biceps and I'm going to do C25K Week 1, Day 2. I have Fire 55EZ and that is obviously a long cardio workout but I think I'll be fine. I need to get my C25K workout out of the way!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Did Fire 45 today - it was so fun! I picked up on that one pretty fast. I just can't seem to get the 'twist' punches down for some reason. I actually finally got it today and then she turned them to the side - totally messed me all up! Oh, and it took me about 15 of the 'low highs' for me to get it. I was so used to starting high and going low :laugh:
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I did Fire 55EZ today....that was fun....sounds like the 45 is even better...can't wait to do that one. I was able to stick with it except for an occasional goof up but I just kept moving. I really love the music too!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I did Fire 55EZ today....that was fun....sounds like the 45 is even better...can't wait to do that one. I was able to stick with it except for an occasional goof up but I just kept moving. I really love the music too!

Fire 45 is awesome! I have it tomorrow!

I was kind of dead today doing Fire 55 but I got it done!
  • stormy213
    Options
    I got my Fire 30 in first thing this morning....tomorrow is a rest day. I lost 2# but have family coming in for the weekend....I tend to make some bad eating choices when they are here. Wish me luck! Hope eveyone has a great weekend....happy Friday!:bigsmile:
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I have Fire 45 today!!!

So I have to say I am a little frustrated. I haven't lost any lbs and barley and inch in the last 5 weeks but one of my FB friends who is also a beach body coach brought up a good point...maybe I'm not eating enough. Yesterday I had a net of 793...I'm thinking maybe that is the issue...has anybody else here had that issue?? I think I'm going to try really hard to eat more to net more and see how that works.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    So, I tried my 1st Fire 55 last night. It was a little rough for me, I didn't make it through the whole thing. I had actually started a ChaLEAN Extreme workout 1st but my thigh muscle felt weird so I figured I'd just try cardio instead. By the time I started that then moved on the the New to Workout, I just couldn't make it through the whole thing. It was fun though. Next time I will push through!
    Funny thing...my husband was in the (unfinished)basement just below me and he said crap was falling from the ceiling when I was doing all my jumping around. I was like, crap I didn't even go 100% or finish the whole workout lol. I just bought some puzzle mats so I can start doing my workouts in the basement. :)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have Fire 45 today!!!

So I have to say I am a little frustrated. I haven't lost any lbs and barley and inch in the last 5 weeks but one of my FB friends who is also a beach body coach brought up a good point...maybe I'm not eating enough. Yesterday I had a net of 793...I'm thinking maybe that is the issue...has anybody else here had that issue?? I think I'm going to try really hard to eat more to net more and see how that works.
    Yes! If you are always netting that low, there is a good chance that is the problem. Your body needs that fuel, feed it.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Yes! If you are always netting that low, there is a good chance that is the problem. Your body needs that fuel, feed it.

I think that must be the problem! Thank you so much! :o] I'm a little uneasy about eating more BUT I have seen it be the solution for so many people! Maybe I just need to get some higher cal stuff as well like almonds etc!
  • McFatterton
    Options
    I did HIIT 20 yesterday - today is my official rest day. This is the first day I've rested since I started. My body definitely needs it!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 3 was rest day.
    Day 4 was burn circuit 1....different from what im used to , liked how the whole body was used instead of one body group.
    Day 5 was core 20....did earlier in the week.
    Day 6 is burn it off.....headed there in a few to do this one.

i got behind by a day but should be caught up after i finish burn it off.

i guess im the only one that likes stretch 40... after doing 90 mins of p90x yoga, i was happy to see a 40 min version of yoga.
  • stormy213
    Options
    Tosay was supposed to be my rest day but i got hoke from my son's baseball tourney early and decided to do tomorrow's workoit...fire 30. Glad I did it since I ate some potato chips at the game!:blushing:
  • stormy213
    Options
    Goodness I need to proofread better....sorry!
  • turbospice
    Options
    Day 3 was rest day.
    Day 4 was burn circuit 1....different from what im used to , liked how the whole body was used instead of one body group.

i guess im the only one that likes stretch 40... after doing 90 mins of p90x yoga, i was happy to see a 40 min version of yoga.

I love Stretch40 also - I def look forward to it and I cant wait til the end for the relaxation part.
  • McFatterton
    Options
    I did HIIT 15 & Sculpt 30 today. Man, Sculpt 30 kicked my *kitten*! I knew that my upper body strength wasn't that great, but I didn't realize that I had NONE AT ALL!!! Holy cow. My arms are going to be burning tomorrow!

I just can't wait until I 'know' all of the workouts so I'm not just jumping around like a fool trying to imitate them!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was rest day.

I love Stretch40 also - I def look forward to it and I cant wait til the end for the relaxation part.
    I don't mind the Stretch classes. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one on this thread doing the hybrid, lol. Everyone talks about Fire 45 and I feel all alone.:cry: Haha
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Does anyone think Fire 45 is significantly harder than Fire 45 EZ? I completed Fire 45 on Sunday and wasn't sure I was going to make it to the end. Maybe I was just tired but wondered what others thought? I can't believe the 3 Fire Drills really make that big of a difference...
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 8 is done with burn circuit 2 and ab burner ..going to have to work on slowing down my reps. my legs are shaking, burned 469 calories.
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Does anyone think Fire 45 is significantly harder than Fire 45 EZ? I completed Fire 45 on Sunday and wasn't sure I was going to make it to the end. Maybe I was just tired but wondered what others thought? I can't believe the 3 Fire Drills really make that big of a difference...

I haven't done Fire 45 EZ yet.....I have it for the first time in a couple of days. But, it is EZ (easy) so, I would assume that the regular Fire 45 would be harder. Fire drills always kick my *kitten*! :tongue:

I did Fire 55 EZ class today - burned about 70 more calories than I did the first time I did it. I like that one, but it's just soooo long. For some reason those extra 10 minutes (compared to Fire 45) make all the difference. Tomorrow is Core 20 & W4D1 of C25k. I'll probably skip Stretch 40.....maybe do Stretch 10 instead.