Let's get 'Turbo Fired' up!

Options

Replies

• runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Regarding chest strap for HRMs, the chest strap is the most accurate way to read your heart rate, thus give you the most accurate reading for calories burned.
    I think what Allie wears in the TF dvds is the Body Bugg. You wear that ALL day and night - never take it off because it's designed to read your calorie burn all day long and it doesn't have a screen on it to read what your heart rate is now. You have to log onto your computer to read your burn rate for the day.
    I like to read what my HR is during my workout in real time so I can know immediately if I need to step it up or if I'm pushing too hard. So I have the Polar F7 HRM.
    I haven't experienced any problems with it reading my HR, but I remember to wet the chest strap before each and every workout. I get it good and soaked with water before I put it on right at the bra strap line with the monitor sitting in between my rib cage.
    Some people like the Body Bugg though because they like to know the total # of calories burned all day long - so they say it's more accurate b/c of that.
    I know some people have both because they do different things - serve different purposes.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i agree that i think they are wearing the body bug on the turbo fire dvds. i cant imagine wearing that thing all day. i have seen it leave dents in peoples arms not to mention a nasty tan line!

i have the polar ft4 with a chest strap. i dont think large boobs would get in the way. its just like the bottom of a bra. you get use to it.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    HRMs..I have a Sportline that I got at Kmart for $30. No chest strap, still pretty darn accurate. (I just double checked it against my pulse. Exactly the same.)
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 with chest strap. you get used to the strap and forget it is there. i like knowing my heart rate during the workouts.

almost finished with week 3 , just looked at week four and its cardio week. so i will be doing more TF.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't want a body bug, I don't want to wear something all day! I have been looking at a Polar FT4. I am unemployed right now so I don't have a TON of money to spend...I found some for $60 so I think I might get one!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 with chest strap. you get used to the strap and forget it is there. i like knowing my heart rate during the workouts.

almost finished with week 3 , just looked at week four and its cardio week. so i will be doing more TF.
    I just started week 4 today. Love Fire45!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I just did HIIT 15 and for the 1st time Sculpt 30. I like the sculpting classes using bands. I just ordered more bands with more resistance. My HRM messed up so I don't know just how great of a burn I got between the 2 classes but I feel I did pretty good!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I did HIIT 15 today, too. HARD, but I liked it. :smile:
  • syd1980
    Options
    today was ab 10 and stretch 40 . not much of a calorie burn but love the relaxed feeling. finished week 3 , cardio week coming up so i will be doing alot more turbo fire this week/
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Please tell me I'm not the only one dying during any of the ab workouts. They're friggin hard! Did Fire 30 today. I like 45 better :smile:
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

I had a rest day yesterday and started week 3 today. I did the 45EZ. That was the first time I did that DVD. I missed the fire drills. Did I actually say that?! I definitely like Fire 45 better. Hope you all have a great day!
  • JosalynSmith
    JosalynSmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fire 45 is by far my favorite workout. I just love the "Boom I Got Your Boyfriend" song. I just started week 11 of Turbo Fire, I'm going to do the advanced DVDs too so I have a long ways to go but I am loving Turbo Fire :)
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the Push Circuits of Chalean Extreme tonight (I just finished 4 weeks of the Burn Circuits). From what I've read, you are supposed to fail between 6-8 reps instead of 10-12 reps. Did anyone see huge results during this phase of the workout schedule? I'm also doing the Turbo Fire DVDs and am started week 5 this morning with Fire 55 EZ!!! These DVDs are the best and have a great variety which I enjoy.
  • stormy213
    Options
    Fire 45 is by far my favorite workout. I just love the "Boom I Got Your Boyfriend" song. I just started week 11 of Turbo Fire, I'm going to do the advanced DVDs too so I have a long ways to go but I am loving Turbo Fire :)

That is my favorite song too! I always end up singing it the rest of the day after doing that workout.
  • syd1980
    Options
    today was Fire 45 class...i like this one,,especially when you do the proud mary . great burn today. first time doing this one so i felt like i was always a few steps behind.
  • stormy213
    Options
    I did HIIT 25 for the first time this morning...woo what a great burn! Such a great work out in such little time.....love it!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    fire 55 always destroys my knee. i wear a knee brace but it doesnt seem to help for 55. i hurts me so bad that i am out of work out commission for 3-5 day :( i was thinking maybe my body just needs to push through to get stronger but now i am thinking i should substitute fire 55 for something else?

ps. any of you sweat as bad during chalean extreame? i am looking for something to do in the mornings before work but i dont have time to do my hair if i sweat too bad.
  • Nelski
    Options
    fire 55 always destroys my knee. i wear a knee brace but it doesnt seem to help for 55. i hurts me so bad that i am out of work out commission for 3-5 day :( i was thinking maybe my body just needs to push through to get stronger but now i am thinking i should substitute fire 55 for something else?

ps. any of you sweat as bad during chalean extreame? i am looking for something to do in the mornings before work but i dont have time to do my hair if i sweat too bad.
    I suggest either skipping this workout completely(there are plenty of other TF workouts) or just ease up on the jumping/bouncing.
    I don't sweat too much during the strength CE workouts, just the interval ones.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    today was Fire 45 class...i like this one,,especially when you do the proud mary . great burn today. first time doing this one so i felt like i was always a few steps behind.
    Proud Mary and Boom I Got Your Boyfriend are why I love that one so much.
  • Nelski
    Options
    Proud Mary and Boom I Got Your Boyfriend are why I love that one so much.
    I LOVE the Boom I Got your Boyfriend part!