Let's get 'Turbo Fired' up!

Options

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Today was Burn It Off + Stretch 10. BIO is intense! Loved it!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    day 2 was recharge and ab burn from clx. burned 181 calories so i added in HIIt 15 . burned total of 400 calories today. the ab burn was great . love the training camps with weights.

thanks for the welcome all, cruisinamy if you have any questions about p90x , just let me know.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Did Fire 30 & Stretch 10 today with W3D1 of C25k in between. I can't believe tomorrow is my last day of week one! I still haven't taken a rest day yet. You're not supposed to do two HIIT workouts back-to-back, right?
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    WOW I missed a lot!!

Syd- WELCOME!!

Today I lifted Legs...supposed to be legs and shoulders BUT I have Fire 30 and Sculpt 30 today...last time I lifted shoulders that day and I was dying during the sculpt haha! Oh, I also did Week 1, Day 1 of C25K! I have my 5K at the end of October!!

I am supposed to take my pics & weigh in tomorrow BUT I think I will wait till next week. I think I had a little too much fun over the weekend BUT I'm back on track (of course)!

Cruisin- I'm starting week 5 today as well!!!
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    :happy: Woo hoo! Guess what was on my front porch when I got home from work! I just got done doing Fire 30 and Stretch 10....great workout! I also lifted back, biceps and shoulders this morning with Cathe.

I had my son take some before pics of me and now I'm going to sit and read through the info and take some sneak peaks at the DVD's. I'm so glad I can finally really join you guys!
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Did Fire 30 & Stretch 10 today with W3D1 of C25k in between. I can't believe tomorrow is my last day of week one! I still haven't taken a rest day yet. You're not supposed to do two HIIT workouts back-to-back, right?

Right, Chalene says not to do 2 HIIT workouts back to back. There should be a rest day in between or a different workout separating the HIITs.
  • runamym
    Options
    :happy: Woo hoo! Guess what was on my front porch when I got home from work! I just got done doing Fire 30 and Stretch 10....great workout! I also lifted back, biceps and shoulders this morning with Cathe.

I had my son take some before pics of me and now I'm going to sit and read through the info and take some sneak peaks at the DVD's. I'm so glad I can finally really join you guys!

Yay! Congrats! Glad you can join the Turbo Fire fun! Get ready, buckle your seatbelt! You're in for an amazing workout!! But I must warn you, it's highly addictive! :)
  • runamym
    Options
    WOW I missed a lot!!

Syd- WELCOME!!

Today I lifted Legs...supposed to be legs and shoulders BUT I have Fire 30 and Sculpt 30 today...last time I lifted shoulders that day and I was dying during the sculpt haha! Oh, I also did Week 1, Day 1 of C25K! I have my 5K at the end of October!!

I am supposed to take my pics & weigh in tomorrow BUT I think I will wait till next week. I think I had a little too much fun over the weekend BUT I'm back on track (of course)!

Cruisin- I'm starting week 5 today as well!!!

kkauz42 - yeah! I'm on Week 5. Did Fire 30 and Sculpt 30 today, too! You'd think after all this time doing TF that I'd have that "bowler's lunge" stance down (on Sculpt 30), but no. I really cannot seem to balance right on that bowler's lunge. I think I'm focusing too much on maintaining my balance that I'm probably not really working my tricep like I should during those reps. LOL.
  • kkauz42
    Options

Right, Chalene says not to do 2 HIIT workouts back to back. There should be a rest day in between or a different workout separating the HIITs.

Okay, so I now know the HIIT's aren't supposed to be back to back. My rest day is Sunday. On the schedule it is Wednesday as we all know. A lot of times there is a HIIT on Tues, Wed is rest, then HIIT on Thurs...since I don't take that rest day I do HIIT's back to back. Would it be smarter if I did the Tuesday HIIT then swap the next 2 days??

Example: (totally making this up)
    Tues- HIIT20
    Wed- Rest
    Thurs- HIIT 20
    Fri- Fire 30

So for ME, since I don't take that rest day on Wed should I maybe switch the HIIT 20 and Fire 30? So my schedule would look like this

Tues- HIIT 20
    Wed- Fire 30
    Thurs- HIIT 20

I'm sorry if that is confusing lol! I just want to make sure I benefit as much as I can...
  • hereonceagain
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this website! Wow! It has everything I need! I started Turbo Fire today and will come back and upload a pix and profile tomorrow when I have more time. I am here to stay and lose these rolls of fat I gained in the last year. I went from 118 to 145 in about 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 54 years old (but I look younger I'm always told) and only 5 ft tall so the weight really shows!!!! I am more afraid of the health risks I am taking being this heavy for me. So I am here to finish Turbo Fire and coming online to report each day! I am Turbo Fired up!
    Mary Ann
  • McFatterton
    Options
    So for ME, since I don't take that rest day on Wed should I maybe switch the HIIT 20 and Fire 30? So my schedule would look like this

Tues- HIIT 20
    Wed- Fire 30
    Thurs- HIIT 20

From what I understand, that would be perfectly fine. As long as you have something in between the two HIIT workouts.

Welcome Mary Ann!!!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Thanks! I think I will have to do that now! :)
  • hereonceagain
    Options
    Good morning! Day 2
    Just finshed HIIT15 and Stretch. Got up at 6:15am which is crazy for me. I will be getting up at 5:45 -6:00, its a commitment for me. Gotta lose these rolls and get this heart healthy! Food wise I was good, being real with myself and not doing the clean eating yet, just do not have the time to prepare and keep fresh food around at all times. I know I need to eat clean and fresh and will but not just right now but I am eating lots of veggies and a couple of pieces of fruit. I am Lean Cuisine-ing (no preseratives) it to get my portion control back on track.

Ok, gotta go! Will try to upload a pix before the end of the week! :flowerforyou: Yallhaveagoodone!
  • ostar8433
    Options
    Good morning! Day 2
    Just finshed HIIT15 and Stretch. Got up at 6:15am which is crazy for me. I will be getting up at 5:45 -6:00, its a commitment for me. Gotta lose these rolls and get this heart healthy! Food wise I was good, being real with myself and not doing the clean eating yet, just do not have the time to prepare and keep fresh food around at all times. I know I need to eat clean and fresh and will but not just right now but I am eating lots of veggies and a couple of pieces of fruit. I am Lean Cuisine-ing (no preseratives) it to get my portion control back on track.

Ok, gotta go! Will try to upload a pix before the end of the week! :flowerforyou: Yallhaveagoodone!

Way to go!! Keep it up!! I'm doing HIIT 15 and Stretch after work and I'm actually excited about it!
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Just finished week 1! Man, Stretch 40 was soooooo boring! It was tough sticking through that whole thing.....it's just so slow compared to all of the fast paced workouts.

Oh, and I HATE planks!!!!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Just finished week 1! Man, Stretch 40 was soooooo boring! It was tough sticking through that whole thing.....it's just so slow compared to all of the fast paced workouts.

Oh I completely agree! I honestly have skipped stretch 40 and stretched thoroughly on my own. Yoga isn't really my thing as it is and especially after I am used to all this high paced work outs...boring!

I have Fire 30 and Tone 30 this afternoon. Going to lift chest & triceps today at the gym!
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I did HIIT 15 this morning as well as lifted chest and triceps....great workout!!! I wasreading people's comments about stretch 40...after stretch 10 I don't know if I could do 30 more minutes of it. I've never been into the yoga/stretch type workouts...I guess I'll at least try it once!
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6. I can't believe that I'm still doing this. I'm following the shcedule and today is the rest day. So I'm resting. Tomorrow is Fire 30 and Tone 30. I really enjoy this workout series. You guys are very inspiring.
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Oh I completely agree! I honestly have skipped stretch 40 and stretched thoroughly on my own. Yoga isn't really my thing as it is and especially after I am used to all this high paced work outs...boring!
    I wasreading people's comments about stretch 40...after stretch 10 I don't know if I could do 30 more minutes of it. I've never been into the yoga/stretch type workouts...I guess I'll at least try it once!

I like yoga.....and secretly I would love to be a Yogi, but I guess I just prefer to do it on my own for maybe 20 minutes instead of 40 :) I think I'll skip that from now on and do my own stretching......although I really should do the planks :grumble:
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

i did the first 3 minutes of the stretch 10 and then skipped all the "stretch" ones from then on. i want to die they are so boring. i did tone 30 for the first time, and i was rather bored too. i stopped early because i feel sick all of a sudden, really i do.