"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Can I join in...I've upped my exercise recently, and I'm down to the last 8lbs to lose, more intense workouts, more strength training etc etc.
    It'd be great to have a little bit of feedback on whether the way I'm going about things is right/the best way to do things....my friends just seem impressed that I'm doing stuff, rather than being able to help out with advice on what I'm actually doing.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Can I join in...I've upped my exercise recently, and I'm down to the last 8lbs to lose, more intense workouts, more strength training etc etc.
    It'd be great to have a little bit of feedback on whether the way I'm going about things is right/the best way to do things....my friends just seem impressed that I'm doing stuff, rather than being able to help out with advice on what I'm actually doing.

We'd all love to have you in here I'm sure! I definitely understand what you mean about the friends thing. I'm the biggest motivation slash gold standard for many of my friends wanting to lose weight, so it's hard to have MYSELF kept in check when I'm trying to help them! It's great to be a role model, but even role models need advice :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Today I volunteered to be a driver for my daughter's field trip! Wish me luck on while I have 6 youngsters under my responsibility in my van! After the trip I'll hit the gym!

Cardio:stair climbing- Tabata protocol (280 calories), walk/jog- 2 mi (280 calories)

Strength:hamstring and shoulders- seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts, shoulder press, side laterals, bent over laterals. 4x6

Assessment: Ate well but may have over estimated my calorie burn.

Good luck with the youngsters! I'm sure you'll WANT to hit the gym after the trip. :laugh:
  • penny_eclipse
    Wednesday:

Cardio:
    Zumba, 50mins, 380cals
    Cycling, 30mins, (light road cycling to and from uni, to and from zumba), 236cals

Strength: none

Assessment:
    Felt really tired and sluggish all day. Caved at my 9am 3hr lecture and got a mocha half way through...but apart from that I was really good all day, loads of water and veggies. Even made a big batch of lentil, parsnip and carrot soup to do me for lunches for the next few days. Felt pretty exhausted at Zumba, but gave it everything I had even if I wasn't pushing it quite as hard as usual. Overall, under net calories. Started feeling perkier at about 10.30pm...just in time to go to bed...

Thursday:

Cardio:
    Boxercise: 55mins, high impact, 447cals (including, 20mins punching, 2 x 90seconds skipping, and strength stuff...see below)
    Cycling, 20mins (to and from gym), 158cals

Strength:
    30mins of Boxercise was focused on core, back and arms:
    including sit ups, crunches, reverse crunches, planks, squats, upper back and triceps

Assessment:
    Still feeling really tired, but have eaten really well today to try and perk myself up and been drinking lots of water.
    Boxercise really took it out of me, was working really hard this time, left with my muscles aching already.
    Have a piece of coursework due on Friday evening, so need to crack on with that tonight, (and have been all day) but really happy I made myself take the time out of the work schedule to make sure I got my workout in.

Hope I've done this right...!?
  • dreambig_gohome
    More increases in my strength training regimen! Another day of absolutely BUSTING my bum.

Stationary Bike: 15 minutes, hill intervals, 18-20mph sustained - 117 calories
    Treadmill - 10 minutes, 5.5 mph sustained - 141 calories
    Walking the dog - 3.5 mph pace, 2.5 miles in 30 minutes - 146 calories

Strength Training - 50 minutes, mfp estimate 192 calories

Toe Press - 20 lbs [upped from 10] - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Leg Press - 100 lbs - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Body Bar Twists and Crunches - 9 lbs - 3 sets of 12 reps
    Standing Calf Press - 20 lbs - 3 sets of 8 reps
    Seated Lateral Pull - 45 lbs - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Tricep Extension - 20 lbs - 3 sets of 10 reps

FOOD: Way under in calories so far today because my salad had nothing but protein in it. Looking forward to a decent chicken dinner tonight.

Assessment: Another pound gone! Brings my total weight loss including pre-mfp to 6.6 lbs.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    You all are making me feel so lazy, but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Tues and Wed weren't actual workouts, but I spent two days cleaning and getting the house back in order. Being sick and painting seem to take a real toll on the house!

Assessment: I made my food and water for both days. Another bonus, I AM AT MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!! I waited three days to make sure I wasn't just getting over being sick. Still there! Not thrilled with the way I look, so I'm shooting for another 5 lbs off. I'm trying to find a way to buy a weight set. Wish me luck.

Niner, I hope the trip went well!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Thursday: Cardio day:

Jogged in place for 40 minutes. Mostly steady state, but added in some jump rope and foot fires. Pulled calf feels good. Stretched well and massaged calf. Feel like it's good for this weekend's games.

Food: On target.

Weight loss has held, so went ahead and did a check-in here at MFP. Had been a month since my last official weigh-in.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    For Thursday

Cardio: Cycling/walking/aerobics (600)

Circuit: 30ds l3d5 (180)

Assessment: being consistent with this exercise, calories over, still under maintenance though

Penny that soup sounds deeeelicious.
  • penny_eclipse

It's so yummy, (and so easy), I'll pop the recipe in an email to you
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Of course if you're serious!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Wednesday:

Cardio:
    Zumba, 50mins, 380cals
    Cycling, 30mins, (light road cycling to and from uni, to and from zumba), 236cals

Strength: none

Assessment:
    Felt really tired and sluggish all day. Caved at my 9am 3hr lecture and got a mocha half way through...but apart from that I was really good all day, loads of water and veggies. Even made a big batch of lentil, parsnip and carrot soup to do me for lunches for the next few days. Felt pretty exhausted at Zumba, but gave it everything I had even if I wasn't pushing it quite as hard as usual. Overall, under net calories. Started feeling perkier at about 10.30pm...just in time to go to bed...

Thursday:

Cardio:
    Boxercise: 55mins, high impact, 447cals (including, 20mins punching, 2 x 90seconds skipping, and strength stuff...see below)
    Cycling, 20mins (to and from gym), 158cals

Strength:
    30mins of Boxercise was focused on core, back and arms:
    including sit ups, crunches, reverse crunches, planks, squats, upper back and triceps

Assessment:
    Still feeling really tired, but have eaten really well today to try and perk myself up and been drinking lots of water.
    Boxercise really took it out of me, was working really hard this time, left with my muscles aching already.
    Have a piece of coursework due on Friday evening, so need to crack on with that tonight, (and have been all day) but really happy I made myself take the time out of the work schedule to make sure I got my workout in.

Hope I've done this right...!?
    You did it right. I can always comment on exercise, but when people tell me how they felt after and what's going on with food, then it makes an assessment easier. Good job!
  • ninerbuff
    More increases in my strength training regimen! Another day of absolutely BUSTING my bum.

Stationary Bike: 15 minutes, hill intervals, 18-20mph sustained - 117 calories
    Treadmill - 10 minutes, 5.5 mph sustained - 141 calories
    Walking the dog - 3.5 mph pace, 2.5 miles in 30 minutes - 146 calories

Strength Training - 50 minutes, mfp estimate 192 calories

Toe Press - 20 lbs [upped from 10] - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Leg Press - 100 lbs - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Body Bar Twists and Crunches - 9 lbs - 3 sets of 12 reps
    Standing Calf Press - 20 lbs - 3 sets of 8 reps
    Seated Lateral Pull - 45 lbs - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Tricep Extension - 20 lbs - 3 sets of 10 reps

FOOD: Way under in calories so far today because my salad had nothing but protein in it. Looking forward to a decent chicken dinner tonight.

Assessment: Another pound gone! Brings my total weight loss including pre-mfp to 6.6 lbs.
    Yes! Keep it up!
  • ninerbuff
    You all are making me feel so lazy, but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Tues and Wed weren't actual workouts, but I spent two days cleaning and getting the house back in order. Being sick and painting seem to take a real toll on the house!

Assessment: I made my food and water for both days. Another bonus, I AM AT MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!! I waited three days to make sure I wasn't just getting over being sick. Still there! Not thrilled with the way I look, so I'm shooting for another 5 lbs off. I'm trying to find a way to buy a weight set. Wish me luck.

Niner, I hope the trip went well!
    It did! Kids behaved well (no feet on my seats of the van) and the visit to the farm was fun for them.
  • ninerbuff
    Thursday: Cardio day:

Jogged in place for 40 minutes. Mostly steady state, but added in some jump rope and foot fires. Pulled calf feels good. Stretched well and massaged calf. Feel like it's good for this weekend's games.

Food: On target.

Weight loss has held, so went ahead and did a check-in here at MFP. Had been a month since my last official weigh-in.
    Alright!
  • ninerbuff
    For Thursday

Cardio: Cycling/walking/aerobics (600)

Circuit: 30ds l3d5 (180)

Assessment: being consistent with this exercise, calories over, still under maintenance though

Nice work yesterday!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! Last chance workout!!! I'm auditioning for another gym today. Just expanding my horizons! Wish me luck!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (460 calories)

Strength:arms- preacher curls, seated alternate curls, lying triceps, rope pressdowns. 4x6

Assessment: Yesterday was great day for food, water and fun!
  • dreambig_gohome
    Didn't make it to the gym today, but didnt really matter. Watched everything i ate today and ended up low on calories after extreme ballroom exercise [my favorite kind.]

CARDIO:

2.5 mile walk with the dog - 40 minutes - 170 cals
    Ballroom dancing - 120 minutes - 654

ASSESMENT: Definitely not hurting in the calorie burning department. Wish I could dance like this EVERY day....look forward to making my dreams come true! Incured a painful dance injury by getting my toe ripped up. May be limping tomorrow. No time for a work out tomorrow, but may try and squeeze in a no-impact pilates ball workout at night. We shall see.
  • ninerbuff
    Didn't make it to the gym today, but didnt really matter. Watched everything i ate today and ended up low on calories after extreme ballroom exercise [my favorite kind.]

CARDIO:

2.5 mile walk with the dog - 40 minutes - 170 cals
    Ballroom dancing - 120 minutes - 654

ASSESMENT: Definitely not hurting in the calorie burning department. Wish I could dance like this EVERY day....look forward to making my dreams come true! Incured a painful dance injury by getting my toe ripped up. May be limping tomorrow. No time for a work out tomorrow, but may try and squeeze in a no-impact pilates ball workout at night. We shall see.
    Dancers feet take a beating!
  • ninerbuff
    Audition went well and the programs manager wants me to instruct. Now just have to wait till an interview with general manager.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Soup recipe received, thank you Penny :-) Shall try and think of a tasty recipe to send your way.

Well done getting the work Niner :-D

Thursday

Cardio:
    Walking/cycling (230)

Circuit:
    30dsl3 (180)

Assessment: Over calories (although in light of how little I earnt through exercise, the damage wasn't above average), had planned to ride to a friend's place but that got cancelled, I needed that ride! Still really enjoying the 30ds, will be interested to find other DVDs with circuit work on them when I am done :-) (could probably improv it but don't know a large variety of strength moves yet so having someone else suggest them is handy).