"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Gonna be a great day with back! Looking forward to it!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:back- pulldowns, bent over rows, seated rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x6

Assessment:Dropped a lot of water this morning.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well, totally tanked on the weekend. Did nothing in the gym.

Monday:

Cardio: none

Strength:

Legs 3 x 10

Leg extensions
    wide stance barbell squat
    lunges
    single-leg deadlift w/kettlebell
    lying let curls
    seated calf raise
    calf press

Food: Great! Almost what I was aiming for. Water - gallon +

Assessment: Didn't go to gym til 9:00. Almost didn't go, but I know if I don't make myself be accountable - no one else is going to do it for me.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Walking (330)
    Tae Kwondo (400)

Circuit: (180)

Assessment: Was doing pretty well until juuust before bed, I stop off in my boyfriend's room to grab my phone off of charge and see an open packet of doritos on the desk, I have some calories spare so I eat a couple, then a couple more, then a take a few nibbles out of a half eaten cookie that is also just sitting there. At this point I had completely eaten my hard earnt calorie surplus or so I thought (until I realised I hadn't entered my session of shred). Now with the burn from the shred factored in, I have a humble number of calories spare but am still annoyed, at myself for eating those things and at my boy for leaving temptation lying around like that *shakes fist*
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Just lots of gardening for me yesterday. I logged half of it for 400 kcals

Assessment: Had a good day on both food and water, but slept terrible-changes in the wearther always mess me up- early bedtime tonight!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sunday was my normal day of rest after working out 6 days in a row. Monday's schedule didnt allow for a workout. Was a little iffy on calories, as I was just at my goal. Busted my butt today at workout. Spent an hour and a half in the gym, then came home and took a 40-minute walk with the dog. Pushed my limits on everything, increased reps, increased time, increased reistance and weight just a little bit to grab that extra calorie burn and to challenge my muscles. Actually not hurting right now, so I take that as a good sign.

Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) 30 mins, hill intervals, 237 calories

Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile), 10 minutes, 137 calories

Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog, 40 minutes, 170 calories

Pilates on the ball, 30 minutes, 105 calories

Strength training (weight lifting, weight training), 30 minutes, 116 calories

Ab crunches of five different varieties, as per usual, increased reps.

Ended up with 765 calorie burn, which felt great. Am buckling down the rest of the week to keep my progress moving forward. NO EXCUSES, NO WEAKNESSES!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Well, totally tanked on the weekend. Did nothing in the gym.

Monday:

Strength:

Legs 3 x 10

Leg extensions
    wide stance barbell squat
    lunges
    single-leg deadlift w/kettlebell
    lying let curls
    seated calf raise
    calf press

Food: Great! Almost what I was aiming for. Water - gallon +

Assessment: Didn't go to gym til 9:00. Almost didn't go, but I know if I don't make myself be accountable - no one else is going to do it for me.
    Good for you! Build that discipline!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Cardio: Walking (330)
    Tae Kwondo (400)

Circuit: (180)

Assessment: Was doing pretty well until juuust before bed, I stop off in my boyfriend's room to grab my phone off of charge and see an open packet of doritos on the desk, I have some calories spare so I eat a couple, then a couple more, then a take a few nibbles out of a half eaten cookie that is also just sitting there. At this point I had completely eaten my hard earnt calorie surplus or so I thought (until I realised I hadn't entered my session of shred). Now with the burn from the shred factored in, I have a humble number of calories spare but am still annoyed, at myself for eating those things and at my boy for leaving temptation lying around like that *shakes fist*
    Do what I do, chew it and spit it out!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey!

Just lots of gardening for me yesterday. I logged half of it for 400 kcals

Assessment: Had a good day on both food and water, but slept terrible-changes in the wearther always mess me up- early bedtime tonight!
    Good enough! Tomorrow is a better day!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Sunday was my normal day of rest after working out 6 days in a row. Monday's schedule didnt allow for a workout. Was a little iffy on calories, as I was just at my goal. Busted my butt today at workout. Spent an hour and a half in the gym, then came home and took a 40-minute walk with the dog. Pushed my limits on everything, increased reps, increased time, increased reistance and weight just a little bit to grab that extra calorie burn and to challenge my muscles. Actually not hurting right now, so I take that as a good sign.

Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) 30 mins, hill intervals, 237 calories

Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile), 10 minutes, 137 calories

Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog, 40 minutes, 170 calories

Pilates on the ball, 30 minutes, 105 calories

Strength training (weight lifting, weight training), 30 minutes, 116 calories

Ab crunches of five different varieties, as per usual, increased reps.

Ended up with 765 calorie burn, which felt great. Am buckling down the rest of the week to keep my progress moving forward. NO EXCUSES, NO WEAKNESSES!
    Hooah!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was a Cardio day.

Did 40 minutes of jogging in place. Kept pace light and steady, as I'm still working with a pulled calf. Did a lot of cool down stretching. Calf does feel better than it did on Sunday. Estimated my burn as 275. Really no idea, but the pace was light, so I'd rather guess under. Did work up a sweat.

Food: Currently a bit under for the day. Might go have a small amount of chocolate or some nuts to get me up to at least my normal goal. I don't like eating under calories. But, I was high yesterday, so I know it's not a problem. Sodium is over today (at 2000mg instead of 1500mg). I need to watch that this week.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Tuesday was a Cardio day.

Did 40 minutes of jogging in place. Kept pace light and steady, as I'm still working with a pulled calf. Did a lot of cool down stretching. Calf does feel better than it did on Sunday. Estimated my burn as 275. Really no idea, but the pace was light, so I'd rather guess under. Did work up a sweat.

Food: Currently a bit under for the day. Might go have a small amount of chocolate or some nuts to get me up to at least my normal goal. I don't like eating under calories. But, I was high yesterday, so I know it's not a problem. Sodium is over today (at 2000mg instead of 1500mg). I need to watch that this week.
    Try to massage that calf out too so that it will increase the recovery time!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Had a really good day yesterday! Keep the momentum going and do some kick *kitten* training and good eating!

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (370 calories)

Strength:chest- incline press, flat bench, flyes, dips. 4x6

Assessment: Even though I had high fat/sugar ice cream, my weight came down a little.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:

Strength: catching, so 2 workouts today

Chest/triceps 3 x 10

wide push-ups (gotta say it - I did all of them on my toes! Finally!!!)
    incline dumbbell press
    flat bench flyes
    lying ezbar tricep extension
    dumbbell triceps kickback
    overhead two-handed triceps extension
    cable one arm tricep extension

Shoulder 3 x 10

seated dumbbell press
    bentover barbell rear delt row
    dumbbell front raise
    arnold press
    dumbbell lateral raise
    seated bent-over rear delt raise

Assessment: Food - great. Having a hard time eating enough though. Water - great. Things feel good again! Getting back into the swing of things. Next - add more cardio.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    FAST INTENSE cardio day today, despite muscle soreness from yesterday. Was careful to keep those muscles warm and stretched out to prevent injury. Mostly in my abs....hardcore core program is kicking my butt right now!

Stationary Bike - 30 minutes - 237 calories
    Treadmill - 5.5 mph - 12 minutes - 135 calories
    Pilates on Ball - 20 minutes - 87 calories
    Usual regiment of crunches upped in reps this week, plus body bar standing obliques....

Feel the burn now, feel the burn now in your abs! I'm putting myself through a self-imposed Camp Six-Pack.

Good news! Still a little tenderness in my weak ankle, but DEFINITE improvement in the soreness after working out.

Food still definitely under by a lot thanks to massive exercise deficits.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Report for Wednesday

Ended up being a pretty good exercise day this one

Cardio: Helping friend move house (300)
    Natalie Cassidy then and now DVD (300)
    Walking (120)
    Stretching (100) (does stretching really burn calories?! Time will tell).

Circuit: 30ds level 3 - the plank on elbows thing, I'm really starting to feel it all over, didn't seem hard at first, guess those muscles involved are starting to revolt. (200)

Assessment: No good food day again (cmon Lisa, pull yourself together!) Lessons to learn, eat less cheese and don't get serves of chips all to myself, it's ok when I pinch them from the boyfriend but the attack plan of only eating half the whole serve is not fool-proof. Having said that, not over by too much, gooood salvage :-)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

Thank you for the advice. Been doing that. Made sure to spend extra time today on it.

Strength Day:

Biceps

3x10x15lb curls, hammer curls, and concentration curls

Triceps

3x10x15lb skullcrushers. Also, 3x10 tricep dips.

Shoulders

3x10x10lb lateral raises, front raises, reverse fly

Legs

3x10 calf raises
    3x10x30lb (2x15lb dumbbells) squats

Abs

3x10 leg raises
    2 x 30 second side planks
    3x10 kickups
    3x20 second shoulder and leg raise hold
    2 x 1 minute plank

Chest

3x10 pushups

Food: a little under because missed most of lunch (busy day at work). Kept protein up, though.

Overall: Have dropped a little weight. Actually down to 168 this morning (been holding in the 169.4-170 for forever it seems). Going to see if the 168 holds to Friday before counting it as a check-in.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Tuesday:

Strength: catching, so 2 workouts today

Chest/triceps 3 x 10

wide push-ups (gotta say it - I did all of them on my toes! Finally!!!)
    incline dumbbell press
    flat bench flyes
    lying ezbar tricep extension
    dumbbell triceps kickback
    overhead two-handed triceps extension
    cable one arm tricep extension

Shoulder 3 x 10

seated dumbbell press
    bentover barbell rear delt row
    dumbbell front raise
    arnold press
    dumbbell lateral raise
    seated bent-over rear delt raise

Assessment: Food - great. Having a hard time eating enough though. Water - great. Things feel good again! Getting back into the swing of things. Next - add more cardio.
    Nice to see splits!! And great on the push ups!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    FAST INTENSE cardio day today, despite muscle soreness from yesterday. Was careful to keep those muscles warm and stretched out to prevent injury. Mostly in my abs....hardcore core program is kicking my butt right now!

Stationary Bike - 30 minutes - 237 calories
    Treadmill - 5.5 mph - 12 minutes - 135 calories
    Pilates on Ball - 20 minutes - 87 calories
    Usual regiment of crunches upped in reps this week, plus body bar standing obliques....

Feel the burn now, feel the burn now in your abs! I'm putting myself through a self-imposed Camp Six-Pack.

Good news! Still a little tenderness in my weak ankle, but DEFINITE improvement in the soreness after working out.

Food still definitely under by a lot thanks to massive exercise deficits.
    Nice! I do Tabata today!
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Thank you for the advice. Been doing that. Made sure to spend extra time today on it.

Strength Day:

Biceps

3x10x15lb curls, hammer curls, and concentration curls

Triceps

3x10x15lb skullcrushers. Also, 3x10 tricep dips.

Shoulders

3x10x10lb lateral raises, front raises, reverse fly

Legs

3x10 calf raises
    3x10x30lb (2x15lb dumbbells) squats

Abs

3x10 leg raises
    2 x 30 second side planks
    3x10 kickups
    3x20 second shoulder and leg raise hold
    2 x 1 minute plank

Chest

3x10 pushups

Food: a little under because missed most of lunch (busy day at work). Kept protein up, though.

Overall: Have dropped a little weight. Actually down to 168 this morning (been holding in the 169.4-170 for forever it seems). Going to see if the 168 holds to Friday before counting it as a check-in.
    Another good workout!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Today I volunteered to be a driver for my daughter's field trip! Wish me luck on while I have 6 youngsters under my responsibility in my van! After the trip I'll hit the gym!

Cardio:stair climbing- Tabata protocol (280 calories), walk/jog- 2 mi (280 calories)

Strength:hamstring and shoulders- seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts, shoulder press, side laterals, bent over laterals. 4x6

Assessment: Ate well but may have over estimated my calorie burn.