"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Cardio:
    Cycling to and from uni: 234cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment:
    Really annoyed as the scales are showing +4lbs. Know it must be water retention from whatever as I feel really bloated, but it still is kinda hard to take. This week I'm going to crack on with the water, start drinking more herbal tea...so going to start with green tea and lemon, and peppermint and ginger tea...though all suggestions are greatly recieved.
    Eaten very well, lots of veggies, and I'm going to try and cut down on my carbs in the evening to see if it makes any difference this week, and not eat as many of the exercise calories. I think I need to confuse my body a little bit to get it back cooperating.

Wednesday

Cardio:
    Zumba 422cals
    Cycling to and from uni, supermarket and zumba: 312cals

Strength: Only the toning and arm exercises at Zumba

Assessment: Feeling a bit less bloated and a bit less like the size of a house. Green tea isn't too bad actually so I'm going to keep this and the low carb evenings up all week, but try and increase my protein before the evening classes/exercise else I think I'll run out of energy. Salad with cottage cheese is going to be my weapon of choice until I think of something else. I'm still doing really well on water, and eating, lots of protein, fruit, veg and keeping carbs in the evening to a minimum. Had much more energy tonight at zumba, so that was great, even if I was super achey.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Lots of cleaning to do today so that should keep me busy. BIL coming into town from San Diego so they will be staying with us for a week.

Cardio:Arc trainer- Tabata protocol (280 calories), walk/jog- 2 mi (280 calories)

Strength:hamstring and shoulders- seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts, shoulder press, side laterals, bent over laterals. 4x6

Assessment: Down a little from the beginning of the week. Slow and steady.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Well I'm limited for the next 6 weeks at least, but despite that I went to the gym last night and did 40 minutes of laps in the pool. Tonight I'm going to probably run/walk on the treadmill and if there's time do some leg and ab weights.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Cardio: None

Strength: Legs
    leg ext. 2 x 30
    legg press 4 x 8
    walking lunges w/ 25# dumbbell 3 x 20
    barbell step-ups 3 x 10
    plie dumbbell squat 3 x 15
    leg press calf raise 3 x 20, 1 x 10
    seated calf raise 3 x 20, 1 x 10

Assessment: Feeling good! Food has been good - need to work on eating dinner earlier. Water: 20 + cups.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Cardio:
    Run/walk: 3.5miles, 448cals

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Feeling like my ordinary self again, but I have an essay due at noon tomorrow (Friday) so I wasn't able to make it out for Boxercise...but instead I put on my trainers and went for a run, and I felt so much better for doing that.
    Food is really good, tons of veggies, and trying to fill up on those and not carbs. Need to drink a bit more water tonight, but on track so far, and I'll probably be up for most of the night finishing the essay so that shouldn't be a problem, and I drank more than double yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: None. Rest day.

Thursday: work being done at the house plus long day at work. Meant, not as much time as I wanted to workout.

Cardio: 15 minute mix of sprints, jumping jacks, and jogging in place. Estimated burn of 150 calories.

Food: on target.

Assessment: Holding steady at the new 167.2 weight. No games this weekend, so my focus will be on cardio and strength training over the weekend.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Well I'm limited for the next 6 weeks at least, but despite that I went to the gym last night and did 40 minutes of laps in the pool. Tonight I'm going to probably run/walk on the treadmill and if there's time do some leg and ab weights.
    It's your shoulder right?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Wednesday

leg ext. 2 x 30
    legg press 4 x 8
    barbell step-ups 3 x 10

Assessment: Feeling good! Food has been good - need to work on eating dinner earlier. Water: 20 + cups.
    Good job!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Thursday

Cardio:
    Run/walk: 3.5miles, 448cals

Assessment: Feeling like my ordinary self again, but I have an essay due at noon tomorrow (Friday) so I wasn't able to make it out for Boxercise...but instead I put on my trainers and went for a run, and I felt so much better for doing that.
    Food is really good, tons of veggies, and trying to fill up on those and not carbs. Need to drink a bit more water tonight, but on track so far, and I'll probably be up for most of the night finishing the essay so that shouldn't be a problem, and I drank more than double yesterday.
    Good luck on the essay.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Wednesday: None. Rest day.

Thursday: work being done at the house plus long day at work. Meant, not as much time as I wanted to workout.

Cardio: 15 minute mix of sprints, jumping jacks, and jogging in place. Estimated burn of 150 calories.

Food: on target.

Assessment: Holding steady at the new 167.2 weight. No games this weekend, so my focus will be on cardio and strength training over the weekend.
    Good enough.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Last chance workout!!! I have a busy weekend with a party for my god daughter who turns 1 tomorrow and my BIL from San Diego visiting and having a get together at my FIL's house. Gotta make sure I burn some cals since I know food will be generously spread!!!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (460 calories)

Strength:arms- preacher curls, seated alternate curls, lying triceps, rope pressdowns. 4x6

Assessment: I feel real good heading into the weekend. Am determined to not go overboard the next 2 days!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Yes, on top of the limitations due to a dislocation and torn ligaments & cartilage I now have a torn bicep. UGH! BUT, I'm determined to do ANYTHING else that I can. Would it be bad to work out my left arm only as I am right handed?

I do have an exercise plan now from the PT and I'll do those on top of regular exercise. The hardest part is trying to use the bottom part of my trapezius muscle.

Last night was 40 minutes walk/run on the treadmill.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Cardio: treadmill - 2 miles walking mainly - 30 min. machine said 195 cal. Heart rate monitor kept going off - think it needs a new battery.

Strength: Arms

barbell curl 3 x 10
    zottman curl 3 x 10
    cable hammer curls 3 x 10
    alternate hammer curl 3 x 10
    bench dips 3 x 15
    skullcrushers 3 x 10
    seated tricep press 3 x 10
    tricep pushdown 3 x 10

Assessment: Softball game last night. I can tell I'm getting stronger through my arms & shoulders. Water - great! Food - good, but not enough, then add beer at the game.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Yes, on top of the limitations due to a dislocation and torn ligaments & cartilage I now have a torn bicep. UGH! BUT, I'm determined to do ANYTHING else that I can. Would it be bad to work out my left arm only as I am right handed?

I do have an exercise plan now from the PT and I'll do those on top of regular exercise. The hardest part is trying to use the bottom part of my trapezius muscle.

Last night was 40 minutes walk/run on the treadmill.
    If you do, then just use fairly light weights. You don't want to create too much of an imbalance since the other arm will atrophy.
    I know how it feels to not be able to use your upper body when you work out. I just concentrated on legs and brought them up as much as I could and increase my endurance on cardio.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Wednesday

leg ext. 2 x 30
    legg press 4 x 8
    barbell step-ups 3 x 10

Alright!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Thursday

Cardio: treadmill - 2 miles walking mainly - 30 min. machine said 195 cal. Heart rate monitor kept going off - think it needs a new battery.

Strength: Arms

barbell curl 3 x 10
    zottman curl 3 x 10
    cable hammer curls 3 x 10
    alternate hammer curl 3 x 10
    bench dips 3 x 15
    skullcrushers 3 x 10
    seated tricep press 3 x 10
    tricep pushdown 3 x 10

Assessment: Softball game last night. I can tell I'm getting stronger through my arms & shoulders. Water - great! Food - good, but not enough, then add beer at the game.
    Yea for strength.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Today I go to my god daughter's 1st birthday party and tomorrow to my FIL's to hang out with my BIL who's up from San Diego. Have a great weekend!!!

Cardio:run/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Assessment: Need to make sure I eat in control at both places!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's had a good weekend!

Saturday: Nada on exercise and went on a bit of a food binge. I allowed myself to eat a lot of junk food.

Sunday: Strength and Cardio

Lower:

3x12x20lb squats
    3x12x20lb split squats
    1x10x20lb forward lunge
    1x10x20lb reverse lunge
    3x12 calf raises
    3x10 side lifts
    3x12 mountain climbers

Upper

3x10x15lb bicep curls
    3x10x15lb hammer curls
    3x12x15lb skull crushers
    3x12 triceps dips
    3x10x10lb lateral raises
    4x10x10lb reverse fly
    3x12 scissors
    3x12 leg raises
    1x 70second plank

Cardio: 15 minute mix of jogging in place, jumping jacks, jump rope, sprinting, foot fires.

Food: back on track.

Assessment: Feeling good. Back on it after my junk food day.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well, this past week has been more than its fair share of rough. I havent been able to post at all.

Monday started off with a bout with the flu so bad I wasnt able to get out of bed at all. Needless to say, I thnk I managed 400 calories of food and even that felt like h-e-l-l.

Tuesday, despite running a fever and severe nausea, I worked my eight hour shift and went to the gym. I didnt think anything could honestly make me feel worse than I already did, and I put in a loght cardio-heavy strength-training day.

Wednesday I had training at my new second job, then worked out at the gym, another lite cardio-heavy strength-training day and dealt with the sickness as well as my computer going down and into the shop, so no MFP or internet access for me.

Thursday, I worked out at the gym before work. Finally felt well enough to up my cardio and core exercises. Did an hour and a half before eight hour work shift.

Friday, had seven hours of training for new job and didnt get a food break. Barely scratched 600 calories for that day and burned it all at ballroom dance that night.

Saturday, worked my full shift in the morning, had two halloween parties to attend. Grazed lightly on the pizza and snack foods, only had one drink and stuck to iced tea otherwise. For the first time in a month and a half, didnt feel guilty for eating even though I was about 200 calories over my limit.

Sunday: Severely low in calories again because I just had zero interest in eating today. Managed about 900 calories.

ASSESSMENT: lost another pound for this week. Brings my total MFP and pre-MFP weight loss to 7.5 pounds. Have been pushing fluids and as much protein as possible, but food totals were so low this week thanks to the flu. Glad I worked out and happy to see my body responding to me. It's stronger than I ever really knew it could be. Don't take no for an answer. I promised myself no excuses. I don't have time in my life to be sick. Between medicines, plenty of water and plenty of sleep, I got through it, but it's been the longest week of my life.

I know many people would say that i'm crazy for working out while so sick, but I just HAD to know that I was stronger than any excuse I could make for myself. I wasnt physically in injury pain. Maybe I am crazy, but I got through it, I'm seeing results, and maybe there's just a tiny wee bit of satisfaction that I'm the only girl who loads her own free weights and barbells :)

THAT is Hardcore Conditioning. That is the eye on the prize. I want to be at the peak of my sports....it takes guts and I have them, even when they're hurting.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Recovering after the weekend and doing 2 get togethers! Now I have to work off some of these extra calories!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads-leg extension, leg press, squat, lunges. 4x6

Assessment: Too much food to resist! But I know it will only take me a day to get back on track!