"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Haven't been getting time to post updates over the last week, probably won't have time for a while yet but still making time to exercise :-).

I shall return at a later date to share this fitness journey with you all, thank you for letting me join/offering advice, recipes/helping me stay accountable/giving me an idea of alternative viable exercise structures.

In my (online) down time I'll be trying out tabata (probably on bike) and that body rock website (and the soup, haven't had a chance to make it yet *looks sheepish*).

Leaving you with some rad news, with calorie restriction, exercise, probably the 30 day shred, I reckon I've lost a good 3 kilos in the last few months, and the trend is defintely downwards, very cool.
    That's good! Keep it going and keep up the workouts!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! Last chance workout!!! Today my daughter gets to wear her Halloween costume and have a parade and party after! Last year was neat to see all the kids wearing costumes. Wife comes home from work trip today too.
    I also got accepted at the new gym I applied for and now just need to pass the medical test for it, but that shouldn't be an issue!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (460 calories)

Strength:arms- preacher curls, seated alternate curls, lying triceps, rope pressdowns. 4x6

Assessment: Weight up a little after indulging a little too much. Damn Poptarts.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Haven't been getting time to post updates over the last week, probably won't have time for a while yet but still making time to exercise :-).

I shall return at a later date to share this fitness journey with you all, thank you for letting me join/offering advice, recipes/helping me stay accountable/giving me an idea of alternative viable exercise structures.

In my (online) down time I'll be trying out tabata (probably on bike) and that body rock website (and the soup, haven't had a chance to make it yet *looks sheepish*).

Leaving you with some rad news, with calorie restriction, exercise, probably the 30 day shred, I reckon I've lost a good 3 kilos in the last few months, and the trend is defintely downwards, very cool.

Congrats on your success so far and looking forward to when you can post again!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Cardio:
    Boxercise 337cals
    Cycling to and from boxercise: 156cals
    Cycling to and from pub: 312cals

Strength: Ab work (sit ups, lowering of legs). Shoulder/upper back, core work (plank etc), leg work (lunges, squats) LOTS of stretching.

Assessment: Quite a manic day. Very achey from Zumba yesterday, and Boxercise was a killer, but feeling good for it. Eating under my net, really good choices, and lots of water, and really trying to get as much sleep as possible to help with the tiredness.

Friday

Cardio:
    Cycling to and from uni/supermarket: 234cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment: Gave my body a day off today. I was going to go for a run, but after a very long day at uni, and my legs killing on the cycle home, I felt it'd be better to come home and take a nap. Feeling quite hungry today, but managed to keep it at bay with low fat cottage cheese, yoghurt and water. Resisted the cravings and instead will head to bed for a nice long sleep. Eaten very well, drank lots of water. Will run tomorrow instead.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 32 minutes of running/walking on the treadmill 605 calories burned

Strength: 38 minutes of mostly leg weights 301 calories burned
    Back Extension 3 sets of 15 at 125lbs
    Torso Rotation Left 3 sets of 15 at 70lbs
    Torso Rotation Right 3 sets of 15 at 70lbs
    Leg Press 3 sets of 15 at 150lbs
    Leg Abduction 3 sets of 15 at 70lbs
    Leg Aduction 3 sets of 15 at 70 lbs
    Leg extension 3 sets of 15 at 50 lbs
    Leg curls 3 sets of 15 at 50 lbs
    Donkey Kicks 3 sets of 15 each leg 30 lbs
    backhanded lat pulldown 1 set of 15 at 40 lbs
    wide grip shoulder shrugs 2 sets of 15 at 40 lbs
    Arm rows 3 sets of 15 at 40 lbs

Assessment: Food was OK today, but too high on my carbs. My body hurts like HELL and trying some arm exercises made the shoulder hurt more. Oh and now I have a pinched nerve again in my right arm. BUT, I'm going to keep it up so I can keep up the progress!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Focused on a strictly cardio program today. Decided to give my fatigued sore muscles a rest on the strength-training, plus needed to burn some serious calories today.

CARDIO:

Elliptical Trainer - 15 minutes - 97 calories
    Treadmill - 30 minutes - intervals of 3.0mph and 5.5 mph - 270 calories
    Stationary Bike - 15 minutes - hill intervals - 116 calories
    Pilates on the ball - core workout - 15 minutes - 52 calories

Ballroom Dance tonight - 120 minutes - 654 calories

TOTAL calorie burn: 1,189

Food: Did terribly today. Had some pizza and a salad....Everything was high. With exercise, managed to burn most of it off. Ended at a net calorie of 751 and was only over on protein thanks to my recovery protein shake. Still felt horribly guilty despite the heavy burn. Still trying to figure out the cluster headaches and such, though they were a little better today. Body is just worn out now.

ASSESSMENT: Guess I'm still doing okay. I dont typically eat my exercise calories, but I suppose in this case it was a little neessary to give my body the fuel.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Thursday

Cardio:
    Boxercise 337cals
    Cycling to and from boxercise: 156cals
    Cycling to and from pub: 312cals

Strength: Ab work (sit ups, lowering of legs). Shoulder/upper back, core work (plank etc), leg work (lunges, squats) LOTS of stretching.

Assessment: Quite a manic day. Very achey from Zumba yesterday, and Boxercise was a killer, but feeling good for it. Eating under my net, really good choices, and lots of water, and really trying to get as much sleep as possible to help with the tiredness.

Friday

Cardio:
    Cycling to and from uni/supermarket: 234cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment: Gave my body a day off today. I was going to go for a run, but after a very long day at uni, and my legs killing on the cycle home, I felt it'd be better to come home and take a nap. Feeling quite hungry today, but managed to keep it at bay with low fat cottage cheese, yoghurt and water. Resisted the cravings and instead will head to bed for a nice long sleep. Eaten very well, drank lots of water. Will run tomorrow instead.
    Rest is good.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Cardio: 32 minutes of running/walking on the treadmill 605 calories burned

Strength: 38 minutes of mostly leg weights 301 calories burned
    Back Extension 3 sets of 15 at 125lbs
    Torso Rotation Left 3 sets of 15 at 70lbs
    Torso Rotation Right 3 sets of 15 at 70lbs
    Leg Press 3 sets of 15 at 150lbs
    Leg Abduction 3 sets of 15 at 70lbs
    Leg Aduction 3 sets of 15 at 70 lbs
    Leg extension 3 sets of 15 at 50 lbs
    Leg curls 3 sets of 15 at 50 lbs
    Donkey Kicks 3 sets of 15 each leg 30 lbs
    backhanded lat pulldown 1 set of 15 at 40 lbs
    wide grip shoulder shrugs 2 sets of 15 at 40 lbs
    Arm rows 3 sets of 15 at 40 lbs

Assessment: Food was OK today, but too high on my carbs. My body hurts like HELL and trying some arm exercises made the shoulder hurt more. Oh and now I have a pinched nerve again in my right arm. BUT, I'm going to keep it up so I can keep up the progress!
    Nice workout! Careful on the arm exercises. Your body is smart and if it senses something load bearing will cause discomfort, it will incorporate your other muscles to compensate for the load and that's usually how other muscles get injured in the process. Before my elbow surgery, I kept trying to do overhead presses and my left arm couldn't support it well. Long story short, my left shoulder tried to comp for the weight and it got jacked up too.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Focused on a strictly cardio program today. Decided to give my fatigued sore muscles a rest on the strength-training, plus needed to burn some serious calories today.

CARDIO:

Elliptical Trainer - 15 minutes - 97 calories
    Treadmill - 30 minutes - intervals of 3.0mph and 5.5 mph - 270 calories
    Stationary Bike - 15 minutes - hill intervals - 116 calories
    Pilates on the ball - core workout - 15 minutes - 52 calories

Ballroom Dance tonight - 120 minutes - 654 calories

TOTAL calorie burn: 1,189

Food: Did terribly today. Had some pizza and a salad....Everything was high. With exercise, managed to burn most of it off. Ended at a net calorie of 751 and was only over on protein thanks to my recovery protein shake. Still felt horribly guilty despite the heavy burn. Still trying to figure out the cluster headaches and such, though they were a little better today. Body is just worn out now.

ASSESSMENT: Guess I'm still doing okay. I dont typically eat my exercise calories, but I suppose in this case it was a little neessary to give my body the fuel.
    One day isn't failure. I wouldn't be shocked if you lost more because of it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Going to see "Puss In Boots" with family today and later get the house ready for Halloween! My daughter's first pumpkin carving by herself has her excited!

Cardio:run/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Weight is steady and will control the amount of candy I eat.
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Friday

Cardio:
    Run (4miles) 520cals
    Cycling to and from tutorial: 156cals

Strength: 2 sets of each: dumbell rows, overhead press/extension with dumbells, press-ups, sit ups.

Assessment: Still giving my body a bit of a break, so I didn't push my run too hard, it was more about getting out there than worrying about the speed/distance. Felt much better for doing it. Food was really good, even with my tutorial taking forever and I had to make a dash to the supermarket to make a scratch non-sandwich lunch. Managed to only eat 1 halloween cupcake and refuse all the other cookies and sugary goodness that was on offer and still at goal before exercise. Lots of water too, and getting an early night!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Friday: NONE. Rest day.

Saturday:

2 games of flag football. While games were 120 minutes total, I didn't play both sides of first, so I assume more of a 90 minute workout. Lost one, won one. Good games.

Food: Won't be eating all those exercise calories back, but going to enjoy some extra food today.

Assessment: Getting in shape has had an incredibly positive effect on my playing. In 16 years of playing, I've never played this well. Having such a fun season.
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Friday

Cardio:
    Run (4miles) 520cals
    Cycling to and from tutorial: 156cals

Strength: 2 sets of each: dumbell rows, overhead press/extension with dumbells, press-ups, sit ups.

Assessment: Still giving my body a bit of a break, so I didn't push my run too hard, it was more about getting out there than worrying about the speed/distance. Felt much better for doing it. Food was really good, even with my tutorial taking forever and I had to make a dash to the supermarket to make a scratch non-sandwich lunch. Managed to only eat 1 halloween cupcake and refuse all the other cookies and sugary goodness that was on offer and still at goal before exercise. Lots of water too, and getting an early night!

DUH i meant Saturday...
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Sunday: Softball!

2 games of softball. Shared my position with another player, so played 60 minutes, not 120. Fun games.

Food: not a healthy day...enjoyed a lot of chicken wings with friends. Still managed to stay at calorie goal.

Assessment: fun weekend of playing sports. Makes all the workouts worth it.
  • tracielinn
    tracielinn Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can post tomorrow!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Sunday: Rest Day

Assessment: Still prioritizing rest so took a day off from exercising. Made a really healthy butternut squash and veg soup, very yummy and lots left for the week. Eating was really good (though I wasn't that hungry today) so was easily within my net even without any exercise. Water was good. Overall, not a bad day.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Happy Halloween! My daughter has the day off from school so we're hanging out together and later going to the gym! Then of course I will be walking with her tonight for Halloween! That should work off some of the candy I eat today!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:R-quatro workout.

Assessment: I really overate yesterday, but the scale was kind this week
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY: Mystery Costume Ball at the dance studio! Thought about doubling up and working out at the gym, but the body just wasn't having it and I knew I would be burning mega calories that night anyways. Ballroom danced for three hours, in five layers of pirate gear no less :) Twas very fun and gave me a nice calorie burn.

SUNDAY: EXHAUSTED. Only had three hours of sleep, then went straight to work again. So tired I couldn't think past putting one foot in front of the other. Went over my goal by about 155 calories...decided it wasnt worth skipping dinner simply to stay under and had a half chicken and cheese wrap.

MONDAY: Halloween! Worked twelve hours today, so no time for a workout....Gone from 6 a.m. in the morning to 9 p.m. at night. Stayed away from the cookies and candy at work. Stayed under my calorie goal.

So that was my insanely busy weekend....I wish I'd had more time to work out, especially since I'll be leaving for vacation tomorrow, but I did the best I could with an exhausted body. I'm feeling a little more rested and plan on hitting the gym one more time tomorrow before taking to the streets of New York! I'll still be updating but may not have a lot to say in this thread for the next nine days. I still plan on doing my crunches, pushups and dips and possibly bringing along a cardio DVD....I'm NOT going to gain weight just because I'm on vacation. I promised myself that!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Well today is the last "testing" I have to do to get a job at a Wellness Center and supplement my other gym job. It's just a medical. After that I'm good to go and start working with who not only need a PT for Fitness but also for rehab.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:NONE

Assessment: I only had 2 Jolly Ranchers, 2 fun size Snickers and a Reece's Cup yesterday. And I love chocolate so that's a win for me.
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Monday

Cardio:
    Boxercise 316cals
    Cycling to and from uni/boxercise: 156cals

Strength: Ab work (sit ups). triceps, core work (plank etc), glutes, leg work (lunges, squats) LOTS of stretching (I'm getting much more flexible!)

Assessment: Very long day, had to hand a piece of coursework in. My group got it in and I got to go to boxercise. I pushed it really hard in boxercise (my muscles are really aching) but it didn't show in my HR and thus the calorie count is lower than I was expecting...I guess it shows I'm getting fitter!? Feeling like I have a bit more energy these days. Was tired when I got home so accidently ended up eating fairly late as I had a nap, but ate really well and water was fine but not great.

Tuesday

Cardio:
    Cycling to and from uni: 234cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment:
    Really good eating, wish my Tuesdays allowed me time to exercise...I might try and get some situps and press ups and some weights in my room this evening if I can...A bit frustrated as I'm going on an overnight field trip tomorrow (with food included) so I have absolutely no control over what I'll be eating for the next 2 days...I know I can portion control but I'm kinda scared that I have no control over the types of food...for example I know that lunches will be sandwiches and I've not eaten a sandwich since December. I also won't be able to exercise whilst I'm there, so I'm hoping we get back not too late on Thursday evening and maybe I can squeeze in a run or something about 10pm before bed....So yes, overall I'm currently good but very scared that 2 days out of my control will undo my good work and I'll be trying to catch up for the rest of the week.