"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Have to pack up some clothes today because we head up to South Lake Tahoe for the weekend to go to my sister's wedding! Staying at a Marriott so I won't be missing a workout!!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:NONE

Assessment: Kinda went over in calories, but weight stayed the same.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the trip, Niner!

Thursday: Strength day

Upper: isolated bicep curls, skullcrushers, hammer curls, pushups (two types - different hand positions), leg raises, scissor kicks, lateral raises, reverse fly, chest dumbbell fly, tricep dips.

Lower: one-legged hip bridges, glute kickbacks, squats with quarter raise, split squats, front lunges.

Food: on target. Better about the chocolate. :bigsmile:

Assessment: Not expecting weight loss for tomorrow's weigh-in, but feeling good and holding steady.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Going to South Lake Tahoe for the weekend for my sister's wedding! I'll still be exercising though since the Marriott we're staying at has a nice gym!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (460 calories)

Strength:R-Quatro

Assessment: McRib yesterday, but I was still within calorie goals!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    TGIF, it's Friday!!

Cardio: 15 minutes of EA Active 2 cardio custom run program. Works like HIIT for me. 134 calories burned.

Food: should be on target (will edit if not).

Assessment: Getting ready for 3 flag football games tomorrow!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Saturday:

3 games of flag football. I played 120 minutes total. 1200 calories estimated.

Food: won't be eating all those exercise calories back, should eat in the 2000-2400 range, though.

Assessment: Great games today. Feeling good.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    And I am BACK from my New York vacation....It's been a while :) I weigh in on Thursday and that will be the true testament of how I did over vacation.

Today's cardio consisted of 30 minutes of barre and pointe work, burning 178 calories. I ended well under my calorie limits.

ASSESSMENT: Back to work, back to normal routine. I've missed my gym incredibly much and I can't wait to get back into it. Things seem to be moving forward and my physique is slimming down. I've noticed the changes all over which is great. I'm halfway there and pushing harder than ever.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Well after spending most of the weekend and South Lake Tahoe for my sister's wedding and being a little over in calories most days, at least I didn't gain much. Only .2 of a pound compared to last week this day! So I've got some catching up to do, but not by much! Stoked about the 9ers beating the Giants and now only a couple of wins away from clinching the division! Gonna be playoffs for them this year!!!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:R-quatro workout.

Assessment: I ate chips, cake, fried food, candy, etc., but working out kept me from gaining too much.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    BACK AT THE GYM TODAY! Feels great, even though my legs are jello and I couldn't hardly lift my arms! Two weeks away and that's what I get! Time to recover before tomorrow's workout haha. Upped a lot of my sets or weights themselves, so happy about that. Looks like vacation and rest were good for my body to recharge!

CARDIO:

Treadmill - 5.5mph sustained - 17 minutes - 201 calories burnt
    Stationary Bike - 19.0 mph sustained - 30 minutes - hill intervals - 232 calories burned

STRENGTH TRAINING - 35 minutes - 130 calories burned

SetsXRepsXWeight

Standing calf press - 3x10x40 - weight increase
    Seated Lateral Pull - 3x20x45 - rep increase
    Seated Cable Row - 3x10x45
    Standing Tricep Extension - 3x10x30
    Leg Press - 3x10x120 - weight increase
    Vertical Press - 3x10x20
    Toe Press - 3x10x30 - weight increase
    Pushups 4x10
    Ab Crunches - 210

ASSESMENT: Even though I treated myself to some tortilla chips and salsa con queso, I STILL ended up with a large calorie deficit from my goal. I was feeling a little guilty all day until I put it all in, and then with the huge exercise burn my net was very low. Interesting day.
  • drumtolive
    Options
    Everyone always forgets the awesomeness which is the stability ball. Check out this encyclopedia of stability ball moves on EverydayBetter.com: http://www.everydaybetter.com/stability-ball-exercises/
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Everyone always forgets the awesomeness which is the stability ball. Check out this encyclopedia of stability ball moves on EverydayBetter.com: http://www.everydaybetter.com/stability-ball-exercises/
    While I use it on occasion with clients, unstable surfaces don't increase performance for sports and don't allow for optimal strength gains.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Halfway through the month and I'm looking to try to lose another 3lbs by the end of the month. It will be tough since I'm going to be on vacation all next week in San Diego for Thanksgiving. At least I'll be staying in a hotel where there's a gym and I can still run daily.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Assessment: I did well and my weight is down a pound from last week.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. Posted another awesome burn though I could definitely feel the fatigue in my body today. Wasn't quite up to par, so we'll see how gym time tomorrow goes....and no lifting for me tomorrow.

CARDIO:
    Treadmill - 5.5 mph sustained - 22 minutes - 225 calories burned
    Stationary Bike - 20 minutes - hill intervals - 132 calories burned
    Elliptical Trainer - 15 minutes - 82 calories burned

STRENGTH TRAINING - 25 minutes - 93 calories burned

Standing calf press - 3X10X40
    Seated Lateral Pull - 3X30X45
    Seated Cable Row - 2X10X45
    Standing Tricep Extension - 2X10X30
    Cunches - 160

ASSESMENT: Ate a lot of food today, but all of it was so minimal in calories that I stayed full, burned it all off and ended up with an extremely low net calorie count for the day. Interesting how that works.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Tuesday. Strength Day.

Sets are 3x10 or 3x12 Took 60 minutes.

Upper: Pushups, isolated bicep curls, tricep dips, hammer curls, one-arm dumbbell tricep extension, leg raises, scissor kicks, 1 minute plank, chest fly, reverse fly, lateral raises, crunches.

Lower: one-legged hip bridges (finally at 3x10 sets), glute kickbacks, glute flutter kicks, squats, squats with calf raises, lunges, calf raises, split squats.

Food: A little under today.

Assessment: was tired tonight. Had to really push through this.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Week is going good so far! Leading up to Thanksgiving, I'm working on dropping another pound or two by next week!

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Assessment: Short ribs are my daughter's favorite and that's what we had yesterday for dinner!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Wednesday. Cardio

30 minutes of interval jogging/sprinting in place. Also, running up flight of stairs for 11 reps.

Food: on target so far.

Assessment: Keeping on.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    MAJOR BOY FATIGUE. Still pushed through it, just had to switch to easier intervals than I've been running. Still have two more days of gym time before I can give my body a break.

CARDIO - 62 total minutes, 405 total calories burned

Treadmill - intervals of 5.5mph and 3.0mph in 5 minute intervals - 20 minutes total - 190 calories burned
    Stationary Bike - resistance of 2 - 17-19mph sustained - 30 minutes - 181 calories burned
    CORE WORK - Ab crunches - increased to 390 crunches, different varities. Woohoo! Only thing I was proud of during this work out.

ASSESMENT: Food under for today, over 1200 calories for once. Feeling a little weird about that. Weigh in day tomorrow, so we'll see how all of these last chance workouts after vacation have held up.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Packing clothes again because tomorrow we head down to San Diego and spend Thanksgiving week there! While on our way there we will be hitting up Hearst Castle, Lego Land and Disneyland as well as the San Diego Zoo and Sea World. Gonna be fun!!!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Assessment:Kinda went over in calories, but weight stayed the same.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Thursday Strength Day

Sets are 3x10, except tricep dips, squats, and calf raises at 3x12.

Upper: pushups, tricep dips, bicep curls, lateral raises, front lateral raises, hammer curls, bent-over-one-arm tricep extensions, chest fly (new weight), reverse fly, side planks, leg raises, scissors, front dumbbell raise.

Lower: one-legged hip bridges, squats with quarter raise, split squats, calf raises (new weight), glute flutter kicks, glute kickbacks, reverse lunges.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Getting ready to head down to Southern CA for Thanksgiving! Will be staying in San Diego, but will make stops at Disneyland and Lego land too! Then in San Diego will hit either Sea World or the Zoo. It's gonna be a great week down there!
    Of course I'll still be working out each morning and getting in my training!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (460 calories)

Assessment: McRib yesterday, but I was still within calorie goals!
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    i love the Mcrib!!!!