"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Saturday: Cardio

60 minutes of jogging/sprinting in place plus 25 minutes of EA Active 2 Cardio Mix with mountain climbers, running, and other full body exercises.

Food:A little under on calories, though not all that healthy today (though, the junk food is no totally gone). Back to proper eating tomorrow.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Sunday: Strength day

Sets are 3x10, 3x8, or 3x12

Upper: pushups, tricep dips, 1 minute plank, skullcrushers, hammer curls, isolated bicep curls, scissor kicks (70), leg raises (50), reverse fly, lateral raises.

Lower: mountain climbers, glute kickers, squats with weights and quarter raise, squat 1 minute hold, froward lunge, reverse lunge, stair lunges, calf raises with weights, split squats with weights.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,723 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Also a Happy Anniversary to my DW! Today it's been 13 wonderful years of marriage! And we can still stand each other! Date later on in the day!
    I've got some work to do since I've put on 7lbs in the last week in San Diego. Expected and already had a plan to comp for it, so it's back to the grind!!!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:R-quatro workout.

Assessment: No excuses, I knew that I wouldn't be eating my best.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Back to the grind and it was good to be back on routine too. My clientele at my new gym is building up now and I'm considering leaving my other job at the Tennis club since most of the work I do there is in group fitness. Eh, decisions. Anyway looking for a good day!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:NONE

Assessment:Hitting the weights in your own gym is always good!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Last day of the month! Starting to get back to normal weight, but still up by a couple of pounds. So I'll have to be diligent and keep in a higher calorie deficit till I get there.
    Doing a "test the trainer" program at the new gym and so far for the 3 people I've seen, all 3 have signed up for sessions. Now all I have to do is make sure that I have them scheduled weekly and write up new programs.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:R-Quatro

Assessment: Another 2lb drop for a total of 3.5 since Monday. Most of it is water now that I'm drinking consistently again.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! A new month and heading into the end of the year! Looking to lose a few before Christmas and then head into the New Year with a good loss too! So by the 24th I will be at least 6lbs lighter! Lots to do this month since my family is hosting the annual Christmas family party so my hands will be full!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 mi (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench press, hammer bench press, dips, pec dec flyes, cable crossovers. 8x8 method

Assessment: I had McDonald's for lunch and still dropped another pound from last week!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! It's been a great week so far. Since Monday I've dropped 5lbs to about where I left off a couple of weeks ago! So now I'll concentrate on another 6lbs by
    Christmas!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (460 calories)

Strength:arms- incline alternate curls, preacher curls, pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 8x8 method

Assessment: Feeling really good and signing of another client will keep me busy at the new club.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Today is the first day I instruct kickboxing at the new club! Lol, I'll be the only male group fitness instructor there! Anyway looking forward to it and building some new clients out of it too!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: So since Monday I'm back down to normal weight after being in San Diego all last week! A good 5lb drop!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy weekend, all! I took the week off from working out. Back to things today. Except, I've partially torn a tendon in my thumb, so probably won't get as much strength training in this week as I want.

Saturday: 3 games of flag football! Was chosen as an All-Star in our annual game. So cool. Had fun, except injuring my thumb early in the first game.

3 games was probably 100 minutes for me (didn't always play defense). Figure burn was close to 1000 calories.

Food: Under, but okay with that (can't eat an extra 1000 calories today).

Assessment: Have made some weight loss progress. Basically, back to where I was before my plateau, and mild 2lb gain a few weeks ago.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    HOLA! I am back from the [almost] dead! Wow, it has been one of the roughest weeks EVER. Black Friday i worked 18 hours between two different jobs. I managed to put in an hour and a half at the gym on Monday, but needed serious medicine to get through the days in pain. Then I caught a nasty head cold and have been down ever since and struggling through work as it is. I did go ballroom dancing yesterday [Friday] and burned some 600 calories. I am still logging my calories religiously, but didnt bother with my weigh in Thursday [mostly because i couldn't get out of bed.] I'm planning on hitting the gym hard this coming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then weighing in on Thursday and hoping for some change even through the holiday hell of weight loss. Just wanted to check in with you...I'm still here and still serious. Glad to see you all still on track.

ASSESSMENT: Doing the best I can to drag this hurting body through the week and recuperating with plenty of meds and rest. Praying for a better next week.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Happy weekend, all! I took the week off from working out. Back to things today. Except, I've partially torn a tendon in my thumb, so probably won't get as much strength training in this week as I want.

Saturday: 3 games of flag football! Was chosen as an All-Star in our annual game. So cool. Had fun, except injuring my thumb early in the first game.

3 games was probably 100 minutes for me (didn't always play defense). Figure burn was close to 1000 calories.

Food: Under, but okay with that (can't eat an extra 1000 calories today).

Assessment: Have made some weight loss progress. Basically, back to where I was before my plateau, and mild 2lb gain a few weeks ago.
    You go ALL STAR!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    HOLA! I am back from the [almost] dead! Wow, it has been one of the roughest weeks EVER. Black Friday i worked 18 hours between two different jobs. I managed to put in an hour and a half at the gym on Monday, but needed serious medicine to get through the days in pain. Then I caught a nasty head cold and have been down ever since and struggling through work as it is. I did go ballroom dancing yesterday [Friday] and burned some 600 calories. I am still logging my calories religiously, but didnt bother with my weigh in Thursday [mostly because i couldn't get out of bed.] I'm planning on hitting the gym hard this coming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then weighing in on Thursday and hoping for some change even through the holiday hell of weight loss. Just wanted to check in with you...I'm still here and still serious. Glad to see you all still on track.

ASSESSMENT: Doing the best I can to drag this hurting body through the week and recuperating with plenty of meds and rest. Praying for a better next week.
    I empathize with working on Black Friday. When I was a TV/VIDEO manager at Circuit City, those people could be downright vicious. Welcome back!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! About 3 more weeks till Christmas! Gonna work hard to drop these extra 5 lbs before then so that I'll "balance" out by the end of the year! I have to go to a dreaded 8 hour orientation today for the new job at the Wellness Center. It's dreaded because hardly any of it will revolve around the job I do. It will mostly be on the hospital itself and it's history. Not bad if you're going to be on the hospital staff, but the Wellness center is a separate entity. But it's required and I have no choice. I'll have to get my workout in later.

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 8x8 method

Assessment: Buffet for a reception from a Christening this weekend. Needless to say I indulged.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options

I empathize with working on Black Friday. When I was a TV/VIDEO manager at Circuit City, those people could be downright vicious. Welcome back!

Thank you much :) I'm determined. Just had a professional makeup photo session and am excited to see the results. My body looks better than it has in so long...and I still have a ways to go. I'm gonna get there...I'm too addicted to exercise to not haha.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Orientation was long yesterday! But now that it's done, it's back to work. Got a couple of clients today and get some work done!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:back- pull ups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 8x8 method

Assessment: Got to get back to eating good!
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    I was so worried about losing my training after being out of the gym for a week thanks to being seriously ill. But I was able to up some of my weight limits and was totally in the zone today, which felt GREAT. I gave my body the rest it needed and it's rewarding me by doing what I ask of it now. Sometimes it pays to listen but never be afraid to demand.

CARDIO
    Jogging, 5.5 mph, 30 minutes, 316 calories burnt

STRENGTH TRAINING - 45 minutes total, 163 calories burnt

Standing Calf Press - 3x20x60 [Weight AND Rep increase]
    Seated Cable Row - 3x10x45
    Standing Tricep Extension - 3x10x30
    Preacher's Bicep Curl - 3x10x30 [weight increase]
    Leg Press - 3x10x130 [weight increase]
    Toe Press - 3x10x40 [weight increase]
    Seated Lateral Pull - 6x10x60 [rep increase]

FOOD: Under in calories...even before exercise. However, heavy weighted on dinner [at 3pm] so wasn't really skewed correctly. Will do better tomorrow.

ASSESSMENT: Feeling good, looking forward to my workout tomorrow. Though I definitely worked, my body was ready and leaped at the chance...I barely felt the impacts and pain of pushing so hard. Everything was just flowing so well. I think that's an NSV!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I was so worried about losing my training after being out of the gym for a week thanks to being seriously ill. But I was able to up some of my weight limits and was totally in the zone today, which felt GREAT. I gave my body the rest it needed and it's rewarding me by doing what I ask of it now. Sometimes it pays to listen but never be afraid to demand.

CARDIO
    Jogging, 5.5 mph, 30 minutes, 316 calories burnt

STRENGTH TRAINING - 45 minutes total, 163 calories burnt

Standing Calf Press - 3x20x60 [Weight AND Rep increase]
    Preacher's Bicep Curl - 3x10x30 [weight increase]
    Leg Press - 3x10x130 [weight increase]
    Toe Press - 3x10x40 [weight increase]
    Seated Lateral Pull - 6x10x60 [rep increase]

FOOD: Under in calories...even before exercise. However, heavy weighted on dinner [at 3pm] so wasn't really skewed correctly. Will do better tomorrow.

ASSESSMENT: Feeling good, looking forward to my workout tomorrow. Though I definitely worked, my body was ready and leaped at the chance...I barely felt the impacts and pain of pushing so hard. Everything was just flowing so well. I think that's an NSV!
    Good job!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Mid week and this is when some of the less dedicated show up at the gym. Tomorrow and Friday are usually even more sparse. Hit two of the body parts I dislike the most today, but I still train them just as hard as the others.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, seated shoulder press, lateral raises, rear lateral flyes. 8x8 method.

Assessment: I still hovering around a little above my standard weight, but I shoul get my standard weight down by 5lbs.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    GREAT DAY TODAY! I'm super thrilled.

CARDIO:

Running - 5.5 mph - 25 minutes - 209 calories
    Moving boxes, stairs - boxes and boxes of christmas decorations! - 30 minutes [probably more] - MFP says 334 calories

STRENGTH TRAINING - total of 45 minutes - 163 calories

Preacher's Bicep Curl - 3x10x30
    Leg Press - 3x10x130
    Toe Press - 3x10x40
    Seated Lateral Pull - 6x10x60
    Standing Calf Press - 3x20x60

FOOD: Right at about 1200 calories for the day.

ASSESMENT: Got that old confidence back....Was feeling a little down and out at the gym but this week has been great. New reps, new weights...even added a new exercise that I have never been able to physically accomplish before. I still feel like a baller for being the only girl in the gym racking my own weights...Who's gonna make fun of me now?!?! Even my parents noticed today that I'm slimming down, and they see me every day. Weigh-in tomorrow makes me nervous like it always does....It's been two weeks. We shall see.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    GREAT DAY TODAY! I'm super thrilled.

CARDIO:

Running - 5.5 mph - 25 minutes - 209 calories
    Moving boxes, stairs - boxes and boxes of christmas decorations! - 30 minutes [probably more] - MFP says 334 calories

STRENGTH TRAINING - total of 45 minutes - 163 calories

Preacher's Bicep Curl - 3x10x30
    Leg Press - 3x10x130
    Toe Press - 3x10x40
    Seated Lateral Pull - 6x10x60
    Standing Calf Press - 3x20x60

FOOD: Right at about 1200 calories for the day.

ASSESMENT: Got that old confidence back....Was feeling a little down and out at the gym but this week has been great. New reps, new weights...even added a new exercise that I have never been able to physically accomplish before. I still feel like a baller for being the only girl in the gym racking my own weights...Who's gonna make fun of me now?!?! Even my parents noticed today that I'm slimming down, and they see me every day. Weigh-in tomorrow makes me nervous like it always does....It's been two weeks. We shall see.
    Nice NSV then! Always good when someone else notices.