"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Friday:

Cardio - treadmill 2.25 miles - 30 min, 274 calories

Strength:

Shoulders:

upright dumbbell rows
    standing miliatary press
    incline bench front raise
    wide grip barbell rear delt row
    lateral raise
    reat delt raise
    seated barbell military press

Saturday

Cardio: None

Legs:

seated leg curl
    leg extension
    lunges
    abductor machine
    lying let curls
    abductor machine
    stiff-legged deadlift
    single leg barbell squat
    leg press
    seated calf raise
    leg press calf raise

Assessment: Food was bad, just not enough of it. Water down. I always have problems on the weekends. Either I don't eat enough or eat the wrong kind of food.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Yes, on top of the limitations due to a dislocation and torn ligaments & cartilage I now have a torn bicep. UGH! BUT, I'm determined to do ANYTHING else that I can. Would it be bad to work out my left arm only as I am right handed?

I do have an exercise plan now from the PT and I'll do those on top of regular exercise. The hardest part is trying to use the bottom part of my trapezius muscle.

Last night was 40 minutes walk/run on the treadmill.
    If you do, then just use fairly light weights. You don't want to create too much of an imbalance since the other arm will atrophy.
    I know how it feels to not be able to use your upper body when you work out. I just concentrated on legs and brought them up as much as I could and increase my endurance on cardio.

Thanks! I've been keeping up on the cardio and plan to get to the gym tonight to do some leg/torso weights! Yesterday I got in a 2 hour bikeride and it felt awesome (well except for the jello legs after!).
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Well, this past week has been more than its fair share of rough. I havent been able to post at all.

Monday started off with a bout with the flu so bad I wasnt able to get out of bed at all. Needless to say, I thnk I managed 400 calories of food and even that felt like h-e-l-l.

Tuesday, despite running a fever and severe nausea, I worked my eight hour shift and went to the gym. I didnt think anything could honestly make me feel worse than I already did, and I put in a loght cardio-heavy strength-training day.

Wednesday I had training at my new second job, then worked out at the gym, another lite cardio-heavy strength-training day and dealt with the sickness as well as my computer going down and into the shop, so no MFP or internet access for me.

Thursday, I worked out at the gym before work. Finally felt well enough to up my cardio and core exercises. Did an hour and a half before eight hour work shift.

Friday, had seven hours of training for new job and didnt get a food break. Barely scratched 600 calories for that day and burned it all at ballroom dance that night.

Saturday, worked my full shift in the morning, had two halloween parties to attend. Grazed lightly on the pizza and snack foods, only had one drink and stuck to iced tea otherwise. For the first time in a month and a half, didnt feel guilty for eating even though I was about 200 calories over my limit.

Sunday: Severely low in calories again because I just had zero interest in eating today. Managed about 900 calories.

ASSESSMENT: lost another pound for this week. Brings my total MFP and pre-MFP weight loss to 7.5 pounds. Have been pushing fluids and as much protein as possible, but food totals were so low this week thanks to the flu. Glad I worked out and happy to see my body responding to me. It's stronger than I ever really knew it could be. Don't take no for an answer. I promised myself no excuses. I don't have time in my life to be sick. Between medicines, plenty of water and plenty of sleep, I got through it, but it's been the longest week of my life.

I know many people would say that i'm crazy for working out while so sick, but I just HAD to know that I was stronger than any excuse I could make for myself. I wasnt physically in injury pain. Maybe I am crazy, but I got through it, I'm seeing results, and maybe there's just a tiny wee bit of satisfaction that I'm the only girl who loads her own free weights and barbells :)

THAT is Hardcore Conditioning. That is the eye on the prize. I want to be at the peak of my sports....it takes guts and I have them, even when they're hurting.

Glad you're feeling better and have access to MFP again.

Monday - Cardio

40 minutes of running/jogging in place. Threw in some jumping jacks and changed up the pace throughout the jog.

Food: Over again. Serious cravings going on. PMS is kicking in. Glad there's not much junk in the house. Got to be on my toes this week.

Assessment: Glad I worked out, as was tempted not to. Need to get focused for this upcoming weekend's games.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Things are really starting to cool down now in the Bay Area. I live inland so it's usually warmer, but it's now just starting to get colder at night. So time to start donning the sweats again! I look forward to a "heavier" jog today!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:back- pulldowns, bent over rows, seated rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x6

Assessment: I had a very good day yesterday and am slowly seeing my definition getting better.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Tuesday - Strength Day

Upper

hammer curls and biceps curls (3x10x15lb).
    skullcrushers - 3x12x15lb, 3x12 tricep dips.
    3x12 leg raises, scissors.
    3x10 pushups.
    3x12x10lb reverse flies, lateral raises.
    1 x 1 minute plank

Lower

3x12x20lb squats, split squats.
    2x10 front lunges and reverse lunges.
    3x6 one legged hip bridges.
    3x12 calf raises.

Food: on target.

Assessment: Better focus on form for the bicep work. Some other exercises are getting close to needing heavier weights. Progress!
  • knight76306
    Options
    Monday

Cardio: treadmill 2.3 miles 276 calories 30 minutes

Strength:

Back

Wide grip overhand pull-ups 3 x 10
    bentover barbell row 3 x 8
    seated cable row 3 x 8
    wide grip lat pulldown 3 x 10
    one arm dumbbell row 3 x 8
    hammer strenth lat pull down 3 x 10
    back extensions 3 x 8

Assessment: Water - good. Food - good, just short. I have a really hard time eating at night, so under on calories. Stressful day, just glad I didn't cave into bad food!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    SUPER workout day today! Now that Im recovered from the flu my body was raring to go.

CARDIO:

Walked the Dog - 2.5 miles, 40 minutes - 170 calories
    Treadmill Jog - 15 minutes - 5.5 mph - 188 calories
    Stationary Bike - 30 minutes - 21 mph = 237 calories
    Pilates on the Ball - 25 minutes - 86 calories
    Crunches - 310 crunches!!!

STRENGTH TRAINING:
    Total - 45 minutes - 172 calories

Toe Press - 20 pounds - 4 sets of ten reps
    Leg Press - 110 pounds - 4 sets of ten reps
    Standing Calf Raise - 20 pounds - 4 sets of ten reps
    Lateral Pull - 45 pounds - 4 sets of ten reps
    Tricep Extension - 30 pounds - 4 sets of ten reps
    Seated Cable Row - 45 pounds - 4 sets of ten reps
    Tricep Dips - Body weight - 2 sets of ten reps
    Side Pull-ups - 25 pounds - 2 sets of 15 reps

TOTAL WORKOUT BURN - 854

ASSESMENT: Pushed everything up by a full set, increased my crunches! Someone commented that my face is looking thinner and my chin more defined. I actually felt like an athlete today. Am very proud of today. Food was a bit weird though. Had amazing ribs and doubled up on protein but only netted 2 calories total with this burn today. But I only have about three days of the week with these high burns, so it should be okay. I felt great and no pain.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Looking to get in some extra cardio today sometime while my daughter has a class after school.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (370 calories)

Strength:chest- incline press, flat bench, flyes, dips. 4x6

Assessment: Great day on food and water!!
  • knight76306
    Options
    Tuesday

cardio: treadmill 2.35 miles, 30 min, 299 calories

Strength: Chest/abs

wide push-ups 3 x 15
    butterfly 3 x 10
    incline dumbbell press 3 x 10
    side to side push-ups 3 x 10
    toe touchers 3 x 20
    crunches 3 x 20

had to skip bench press and roman chair raises - gym was really busy tonight. Got tired of waiting!

Assessment: Water - great! Food - great! just not enough. Got to start planning better.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    CARDIO:

Stationary Bike - 30 minutes - 20 mph - Hill intervals - 228 calories
    Treadmill, sustained jog - 15 minutes - 5.5 mph - 207 calories

CORE:
    340 crunches, Regular crunches, Oblique Crunches, Toe Reach Crunches, Rocking-Leg Suspension Crunches

STRENGTH TRAINING - 60 minutes - 229 calories

ADDED NEW: Vertical Press 20 lbs. 2 sets of 10 reps

Standing Calf Press - 20 lbs. 4 sets of 10 reps
    Seated Lateral Pull - 45 lbs. 4 sets of 10 reps
    Leg Press - 110 lbs. 4 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Tricep Extension - 30 lbs. 4 sets of ten reps
    Toe Press - 20 lbs. 4 sets of ten reps
    Seated Cable Row - 45 lbs. 4 sets of 10 reps

TOTAL WORKOUT BURN: 120 minutes - 716 calories burned

Food: Under original calorie goal pre exercise totals, but ate well today, so I'm very happy with that assessment. Sore today but pushed through it regardless.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Wednesday: Cardio

43 minutes mix of jogging (alternated speed from slow jog to sprint), jumping jacks, and foot fires.

Food: Still on some major junk food cravings. So, a little "bad" mixed in with the good.

Assessment: Wish I was eating better, but accept I have these kinds of weeks. Overall focus is good and not seriously over on calories.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Havn’t managed to get online on the forums, so here’s the last few days I’ve been writing offline…sorry for the long post…

Friday

Cardio:
    Cycling to and from uni x2: 312cals
    Walking around London: 200cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment:
    Didn’t sleep last night, but am really pleased that being up all night didn’t mean that I sat eating all night to stay awake and motivated. After hand in I couldn’t manage to sleep it off, as I had to visit my mum and friends in London, so I didn’t get home until almost 2am and I was exhausted. Although I had cheese and wine with my mum in the early afternoon and then dinner with my friends and a couple of drinks and went over net cals…I made really good choices, I ate and drank way less than I’d normally have drunk, and I didn’t cave and buy comfort food for the 90min journey each way. SO overall I’m really proud of myself.

Saturday Much needed rest day

Cardio: NONE

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Absolutely exhausted, and very hungry, but I didn’t cave and keep on grazing. I ate right up to my 1500 net, but I made good choices, and ate lots of fruit, veg, protein and water.

Sunday

Cardio:
    Walking to and from tutorial: 215cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment:
    Annoyed that my tutorial ran on so late and so I didn’t manage to get a run in like I’d planned…because it would’ve meant I didn’t eat til after 10pm, and I felt I needed an earlier night than that given the past few days. Could’ve been a bit more prepared with eating before my tutorial, but the grab-and-go lunchbox I took with me was full of good choices. Overall, good eating and water even if I didn’t get as much exercise in as I’d planned…though still exhausted so my body will probably thank me in the long run.

Monday

Cardio:
    Boxercise 337cals
    Cycling to and from uni/boxercise: 195cals

Strength: Ab work (sit ups, lowering of legs). Shoulder/upper back, core work (plank etc), leg work (lunges, squats) LOTS of stretching.

Assessment: Very busy day, but glad I got to boxercise. Made me ache a lot, but also made me feel good for going. Eating was really good, struggled with water early in the day, but then ended up drinking loads! Managing 240punches in a minute today at boxercise despite it hurting like craaaazy.

Tuesday

Cardio:
    Cycling to and from uni: 234cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment:
    Really frustrated that the scale shows I’ve not lost any more weight. I’ve been super good food-wise every day except for the Friday, (lowering carbs, upping protein and veg and water), and even then, with the other days deficits then I’ve been well under my net goal for the week. (and yes exercise was low over the weekend… but I didn’t eat over my net…) I know my body is just resisting and I’m physically smaller, but it’s just annoying that since Sept (when I upped the intensity of the exercise and strength training) I’ve only managed to lose 3.5lbs. I know I only have 8lbs to go, and I’ve already lost 60lbs, but I’m still not even in the “normal” BMI scale, so it’s not like I’m trying to lose unrealistic weight.

Wednesday

Cardio:
    Zumba 401cals
    Cycling to and from uni, supermarket and zumba: 312cals

Strength: Only the toning ab and arm exercises at Zumba

Assessment: Feeling absolutely achey from Zumba already and still pretty exhausted. Made a massive pot of healthy, protein rich, high veg content Chilli which will do me for plenty of dinners, and help me keep on track with the high protein, high veg thing. Loads of water today.
    Overall, although I know I’m doing everything right, it’s getting a bit hard to keep motivated given that I feel so close yet so far from the weight I want to be at.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Havn’t managed to get online on the forums, so here’s the last few days I’ve been writing offline…sorry for the long post…

Friday

Cardio:
    Cycling to and from uni x2: 312cals
    Walking around London: 200cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment:
    Didn’t sleep last night, but am really pleased that being up all night didn’t mean that I sat eating all night to stay awake and motivated. After hand in I couldn’t manage to sleep it off, as I had to visit my mum and friends in London, so I didn’t get home until almost 2am and I was exhausted. Although I had cheese and wine with my mum in the early afternoon and then dinner with my friends and a couple of drinks and went over net cals…I made really good choices, I ate and drank way less than I’d normally have drunk, and I didn’t cave and buy comfort food for the 90min journey each way. SO overall I’m really proud of myself.

Saturday Much needed rest day

Cardio: NONE

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Absolutely exhausted, and very hungry, but I didn’t cave and keep on grazing. I ate right up to my 1500 net, but I made good choices, and ate lots of fruit, veg, protein and water.

Sunday

Cardio:
    Walking to and from tutorial: 215cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment:
    Annoyed that my tutorial ran on so late and so I didn’t manage to get a run in like I’d planned…because it would’ve meant I didn’t eat til after 10pm, and I felt I needed an earlier night than that given the past few days. Could’ve been a bit more prepared with eating before my tutorial, but the grab-and-go lunchbox I took with me was full of good choices. Overall, good eating and water even if I didn’t get as much exercise in as I’d planned…though still exhausted so my body will probably thank me in the long run.

Monday

Cardio:
    Boxercise 337cals
    Cycling to and from uni/boxercise: 195cals

Strength: Ab work (sit ups, lowering of legs). Shoulder/upper back, core work (plank etc), leg work (lunges, squats) LOTS of stretching.

Assessment: Very busy day, but glad I got to boxercise. Made me ache a lot, but also made me feel good for going. Eating was really good, struggled with water early in the day, but then ended up drinking loads! Managing 240punches in a minute today at boxercise despite it hurting like craaaazy.

Tuesday

Cardio:
    Cycling to and from uni: 234cals

Strength:
    NONE

Assessment:
    Really frustrated that the scale shows I’ve not lost any more weight. I’ve been super good food-wise every day except for the Friday, (lowering carbs, upping protein and veg and water), and even then, with the other days deficits then I’ve been well under my net goal for the week. (and yes exercise was low over the weekend… but I didn’t eat over my net…) I know my body is just resisting and I’m physically smaller, but it’s just annoying that since Sept (when I upped the intensity of the exercise and strength training) I’ve only managed to lose 3.5lbs. I know I only have 8lbs to go, and I’ve already lost 60lbs, but I’m still not even in the “normal” BMI scale, so it’s not like I’m trying to lose unrealistic weight.

Wednesday

Cardio:
    Zumba 401cals
    Cycling to and from uni, supermarket and zumba: 312cals

Strength: Only the toning ab and arm exercises at Zumba

Assessment: Feeling absolutely achey from Zumba already and still pretty exhausted. Made a massive pot of healthy, protein rich, high veg content Chilli which will do me for plenty of dinners, and help me keep on track with the high protein, high veg thing. Loads of water today.
    Overall, although I know I’m doing everything right, it’s getting a bit hard to keep motivated given that I feel so close yet so far from the weight I want to be at.
    Remember that lack of rest can directly affect your weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Going to volunteer some time at my daughter's school today to help with setting up their costume parade for tomorrow. Kids get to wear their Halloween costumes and have a little party at school! I still gotta get candy to pass out on Monday!

Cardio:Arc trainer- Tabata protocol (280 calories), walk/jog- 2 mi (280 calories)

Strength:hamstring and shoulders- seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts, shoulder press, side laterals, bent over laterals. 4x6

Assessment: Had a good day eating even though I had some fries.
  • knight76306
    Options
    Wednesday

Cardio: None

Strength: Legs

leg extensions
    wide stance barbell squat
    leg press
    walking barbell lunge
    barbell step-ups
    plie dumbball squat
    calf press in leg press
    seated calf raise

Assessment: water - good food - good, Didn't get to the gym until 8:45. It was a tough workout - I was tired! Not getting enough sleep is starting to catch up with me, but sometimes you just don't have a choice.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Are you saying I should exercise less until I'm less tired? (The exhaustion is course related not exercise related). Or are you just saying to not worry about the weight loss right now?
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    Small workout today. Really sore and could feel the fatigue in my muscles.

CARDIO: Treadmill - 30 minutes - 5 minute intervals of 3.0 mph and 5.5 mph - 265.5 calories burned

STRENGTH TRAINING - 25 minutes

Standing Calf Press 20 lbs 4x10
    Vertical Press 20 lbs 2x10
    Seated Cable Row 45 lbs 4x10
    Seated Lateral Pull 45 lbs 4x10
    Leg Press 110 lb 4x10
    Dips 2x10
    Push Ups 2x10

Food: Actually managed 1500 calories PRE exercise, 358 total calorie burn. Am trying to counteract some of the fatigue signals my brain is sending me. Don't think I over did it, but now need to fuel my body properly. Cluster headaches mean Id better get off here and get more sleep!

ASSESSMENT: Weign-in was today. Initially was nervous, but couldnt believe the scale when it read a 4.5 pound weight loss, especially as that's really unusual for me when I dont have that much to lose. However, I busted my butt this week and also had the flu. This is probably why. Im not looking back though.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Are you saying I should exercise less until I'm less tired? (The exhaustion is course related not exercise related). Or are you just saying to not worry about the weight loss right now?
    No. I meant "sleep". It directly affects your weight loss.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Thursday: Strength day

Upper: hammer curls, tricep dips, skullcrushers (with higher weight), pushups, lateral raises, reverse flies, leg raises, scissors.

Lower: squats, split squats, one-legged hip bridges, calf raises, forward lunges.

Food: A little over.

Assessment: exercise this week has been good. Food a struggle. I'll get that fixed up soon enough.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Haven't been getting time to post updates over the last week, probably won't have time for a while yet but still making time to exercise :-).

I shall return at a later date to share this fitness journey with you all, thank you for letting me join/offering advice, recipes/helping me stay accountable/giving me an idea of alternative viable exercise structures.

In my (online) down time I'll be trying out tabata (probably on bike) and that body rock website (and the soup, haven't had a chance to make it yet *looks sheepish*).

Leaving you with some rad news, with calorie restriction, exercise, probably the 30 day shred, I reckon I've lost a good 3 kilos in the last few months, and the trend is defintely downwards, very cool.