"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! A couple of sessions this morning then later going to go shopping for my DD's Halloween costume.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Italian yesterday. I have Vitello Funghi e Marsala (veal).
  • ItzLahLah2u
    ItzLahLah2u Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I like this post!!
  • kayfhoward1
    kayfhoward1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all! New to this group.

Cardio: Treadmill 0.75 miles 15 minutes 106 calories Bike 3.5 miles 15 minutes 103

Strength: not quite there yet; I need to work on my upper body as I have 0-Nil strength there

Assessment: Usually really good at staying on point (except for yesterday).

I do have a question though. I recently joined a gym and I've noticed that the exercise calories from their equipment is vastly different from the number MFP gives. Has anyone else noticed this? It's not really a problem as I rarely ever consume those "extra" calories; more I'm just curious.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Welcome to the group @kayfhoward1 and yes, the calorie burns are different between the machines and MFP. Most people say to take MFP's numbers and cut them in half. There are also exercise trackers you can purchase but even those are mostly estimates. If I eat calories back, I only eat maybe 30 to 50 per cent of what any calculator says. It can be annoying but there's really no exact science to this as we're all just a little bit different in how we burn the calories based on a lot of factors. As long as you're exercising though you're burning extra calories but primarily there are huge health benefits to it so keep it up!

Losing weight, if that's your goal, is really based on what you eat more than exercise.

• luluinca
    Options
    I spent yesterday walking around the Aquarium of the Pacific with my grandson so put in quite a few steps! I wasn't sure I'd be able to get my long run in today so just took off running and waited to see how I felt once I got going. Ended up doing my longest run yet..........yippee!

Cardio: 4.6 mile run on the horse trail

Strength: Tomorrow, and boy am I looking forward to it!

Assessment: Back to normal!

Have a great week everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Welcome kayfhoward1! Yeah don't rely on those. Because gym equipment is used daily by many members, the calibration gets thrown off and NEVER get recalibrated until the machine has to be totally repaired. Better off just getting an HRM for CARDIO purposes.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 5 tonight. Just yard duty and some biking if it's not to wet to ride.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (200 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder press, rear cable laterals, side cable laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pretty good weekend. It rained so I didn't get out, but ate well within my calorie limits cause there were no parties!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Got in a nice Monday morning workout! Felt so good to be at the gym this morning.

Cardio: Tomorrow

Strength: 35 min calisthenics and shoulder rehab including stairmaster followed by
    65 min strength training including
    3X12 barbell squats w/115 lbs
    3X12 pushups
    3X12 assisted chin-ups
    3X12 seated cable row w/70 lbs
    3X10 dumbbell shoulder press w/15/15 lbs
    3X10 standing dumbbell curls w/15 lbs
    3X12 dumbbell flyes w/12.5/12.5
    1X20 step ups and 1X20 step-overs
    3X12 outer thigh w/70
    2X12 cable wood chops w/27

Assessment: Company is gone and now I'm back to normal..........feeling good!

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • kayfhoward1
    Options
    Thanks @ninerbuff and @luluinca that helps.

Cardio: Walked the trails 1.83 miles 32:34 minutes avg pace 17:49 min/mile (including some monster hills)

Strength: Soon

Assessment: Much better today. Pretty much back on track as far as calories. Just need to work on balance and of course get my sodium under control.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Evening gang.
    Late workout this week since i have to leave home extra extra early for work

cardio: tomorrow

strength: P90X chest shoulders and triceps

Assessment: due to being very busy i have been lower on calories side, i live tho, since i also seem to live through high calories periods.
    Enjoy your evening my friends.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Not much going on today.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, machine flat bench, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops and rice!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just a run this morning and looks like tomorrow is going to be a rest day. I've kind of worn myself out with all the walking and running last week so it seems my body is protesting by just being kind of sore all over. I'm sure a rest day will cure all of it though.

Cardio: 3.1 mile run on the horse trail with my dog. Took it a little easy and made it a recovery run and kept my HR in the 135 zone. Felt pretty good but my feet and hips are just sore tonight from everything I've been doing lately............uggghhhh

Strength: Probably Friday

Assessment: I've been low on protein so I need to get back on the stick on that

Hope you're all having a great week!
  • kayfhoward1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi all!

Cardio: Walked a total of 3.44 miles 59:41 Upright Bike at the Gym 3 miles 15 minutes

Strength: was my intention at the gym this morning but there were more people than normal and I let my self-consciousness get the best of me

Assessment: learned I don't do as well in the morning as I do later in the day when it comes to working out. Still need to find that balance in my meals.

Forward motion.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Laundry day!

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Baked chicken and rice.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Hello Everyone! late post. too busy lately

Cardio: just the walk with puppy

Strength: Jim Stoppanie's shortcut to size:Back, Biceps and Abs

Assessment: This will be my next program for the next 12 weeks most probably. finally the search seems to be over!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Laundry and just football to watch tonight.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (250 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Good Morning!!!!

Strength: Body Beast: Build Legs!

Cardio: tomorrow

Assessment: done with the round of non-sense! one week of Tapout and then will be starting Jim Stoppanie's Shortcut to Size on Oct 31st. at least that's the plan so far.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy TGIF and LCW!!! Just 4 clients this morning, then yard duty. Have to trim my front yard bushes to comply with city ordinance.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (250 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, ATG squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Flanken short rib.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Hope you're all having a great Friday. I missed a workout yesterday after a rest day on Wed so today I made up for it and did 80 min of strength training followed by a 3.1 mile run......fasted 5K yet.

Cardio: 3.1 mile run at the park

Strength training: 25 min calisthenics/shoulder rehab and stairmaster warm-up followed by:

55 minutes strength training including

4X6 Dead Lifts w/115 to 135 lbs
    4X6 floor press w/65 lbs
    4X6 bent over rows w/75 lbs
    4X6 cable tricep pushdowns and extensions w/40
    4X10 single arm cable row w/25 lbs
    4X10 leg press w/400 lbs
    4X8 outer thigh w/80

Assessment: Gradually adding more protein in again now that I'm able to get 2 or hopefully 3 days of strength training in again!

Have a wonderful weekend!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Happy Saturday Fitfam.

Cardio: Tapout Plyo XT Done

strength not today