"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,166 Member
    Options
    Food: Lunch - chicken strips and rice, Dinner - baked turkey, brown sugar ham, sweet potatoes, stuffing, the works for a "Thanksgiving in February" night
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Have to get oil changed after work and do the laundry.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Food: Lunch - tomato soup and grilled cheese, Dinner - pot roast
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Watched "Quantimania" yesterday with daughter. I liked it and would go watch it again.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Since I went to a later showing of the movie, I ate theatre food for dinner. 2 hot dogs, a nachos with cheese, small popcorn and Milk Duds..................along with a Diet Coke.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Treadmill - 1hr hills (warmup, then incline from 10-20 degrees, x5 times) (785 calories, 3.1 miles, 2096 feet elevation climbed)

Analysis: While my RPE felt higher when the incline reached 30 degrees (and my labored breathing agreed), the treadmill rated my "calories per hour" higher at lower inclines when I could keep the speed up a tad, so that's what I did today.

Food: Lunch - chili, Dinner - French dip sandwiches

Life: Will eventually get around to watching "Quantumania" but likely wait for video or Disney+ release. I've still yet to watch Black Panther 2.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Hopefully not rainy today.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills - 800 calories

Food: Lunch - sweet and sour pork on rice, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad (no dressing)

Rehab: This morning was my first session of rehab exercises for my elbow. Kept the weight uber light, only a 3lb DB, but zero pain during and no soreness/stiffness now hours later. Over the next couple weeks I'll increase the weight used gradually. I'm thinking I could probably return to normal lifting earlier than April, but I'm gonna stick to the schedule by referencing an old adage I once heard and learned the hard way to live by: "after you think you're recovered from illness/injury, wait another day/week to be sure".
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Warriors down 23 and came back and won! They need to start rolling here so that they make the playoffs!

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Shrimp and salad for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills (800 calories)

Food: Lunch - roast beef sandwich, Dinner - BBQ pork chops with potatoes
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. At least it's not raining for a bit.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner. Had Mexican pizza, steak burrito supreme and taco supreme.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Treadmill - 1hr hills (warmup, then incline from 10-20 degrees, x5 times) (785 calories, 3.1 miles, 2096 feet elevation climbed)

Analysis: My bad knee is starting to complain about lack of leg day lifting; had terrible knee pain before I started lifting years ago, lifting magically made it go away, but only if I kept lifting without a break. All this cardio requiring leg movement has helped, but it's not the same, and my knee is starting to figure that part out. Good thing my rehab exercises seem to be progressing nicely and I'm still on pace to resume lifting in April.

Food: Lunch - stroganoff, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad (no dressing) (my wife didn't feel up to eating Tuesday, so Thursday's stroganoff got served on Tuesday, and now Tuesday's spaghetti will be served tonight now that she's feeling better)

Life: Have a weekend work shift for the first time in ages Saturday, so will take tomorrow off.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. It's pretty quiet this morning because I believe a lot of people are going to try to get to the snow this weekend.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options

Analysis: My son just broke up with his girlfriend, got blind drunk the other night and woke up still angry. So I pulled him along with me to the gym to get our sweat on, first by smoking him on my treadmill walk, then guiding him through a weightlifting regimen. Boy, I wanted to be the one throwing the iron around! I think it did him good, as he was calm in the hot tub after.

Food: Lunch - burger and fries, Dinner - baked chicken with buttered noodles

• nossmf
    Options
    Food: Lunch - pork chops with potatoes, Dinner - flame-cooked hotdog with chips (and a protein shake since hotdogs contain virtually NO protein)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chunky Campbell's soup for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Food: Lunch - chicken strips with rice, Dinner - ribs with mashed potatoes
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Rained this weekend so I just stayed home and rested.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Just relaxed most of the day yesterday.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills (800 calories)

Food: Lunch - lasagna, Dinner - steak with stir-fried veggies and rice

Weight: Still hoping to get below 180 by start of April, but this past week I only dropped a quarter pound, which ain't gonna cut it. Now I'm thinking that since my lifting in April will be light weights as I work my way back up, maybe I'll keep the cut going during April and do the switch over to eating more in May when I'll be back to full-on lifting.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Getting cold again.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.

• runeddierun
    runeddierun Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nice to see posts in here…