"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. It's going to be nice today. Am hoping the morning goes quick so I can go home early and take a nap after a pretty restless night of sleep.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Panera last night. Asian sesame salad for dinner.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills (835 calories)

Weight: Dropped only 0.1# this week. Still counts as a loss, though. My standard alternating-week path of staying static one week, losing twice as fast as expected the next, back to static, seems to be continuing. If so, looking forward to next week's numbers.

Food: Lunch - ??? (Date-lunch with wife upcoming), Dinner - ground hamburger with rice
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then regular chores of cleaning house and laundry.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Asian chicken salad for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Rain again today. Grocery shop later.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Ramen for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. My lower back has been tweaked for the last few days and it's affected some of my workouts. I tried to just be really relaxed yesterday and not do anything to irritate it. It feels better but still some stiffness. Will continue to try to keep it from tightening up.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Workout: N/A

Reason: My daughter volunteered to help out at a school function today, which meant she had to be dropped off at the high school early, right in the middle of what would be my workout time. No workout for me today.

Food: Lunch - soy chicken with buttered noodles, Dinner - ??? (DS22 volunteered to cook something, all I know is it involves chicken)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Ugh. I tweaked my right glute last night in class. Hopefully it doesn't hamper me too much to teach today.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills (825 calories)

Food: Lunch - spaghetti, Dinner - French Dip sandwiches with baked fries

Life: The meal DS22 cooked last night was basically chicken soup without the broth, more of a casserole. Needed a touch of salt, but otherwise very tasty. For dessert he prepared a pan which combined several different desserts into one: chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and crushed up Oreos. I was dubious, but it tasted amazing, and the batch he made was large enough to cover tonight's dessert as well.

Life 2: After I finished my cardio at the gym this morning, I wandered to the weight room to grab a 10# DB for this week's rehab exercises. Several people I knew nodded in recognition, which felt good. The image in the mirror made me feel better, in that I looked less swole (sp?) but with the lower overall BF% my muscles looked more defined than before. Won't take me long to get the size back, and then look out, I'll really like what I see!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Workout: Cancelled - had to be in office an hour early to cover a meeting

Food: Lunch - ground hamburger with rice, Dinner - grilled hamburger

Life: Without my workout, I'm gonna have to choose whether I get a second hamburger at dinner or s'mores dessert, but not both or else I'll bust my calorie budget. Dangit.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! So after work yesterday, my back was a little stiff after tweaking it again in kickboxing class. I've figured out I tore something in my glute. Laying down on the couch last night, while trying to get up, my whole lower back seized up and pain was a 10 on the scale. It took me 5 minutes just to sit up and another 5 to just try and stand. I have major back strain right now.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Pork chops for dinner last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! So after just getting through clients yesterday, I went to the hospital after work and got diagnosed with lumbar strain. At least I can walk compared to the night before where the pain was so excruciating. I'll train clients today, but no class.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Chicken adobo for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Been there, done that on the back injury, and glad it was just a strain and not actually something torn. But when I had a back injury, I avoided the weight room entirely; when YOU have a back strain, you not only hit the weight room, you do a BACK WEIGHT SESSION!!!

*waves arms in bowing motion* We're not worthy! We're not worthy! *waves*
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills (833 calories)

Food: Lunch - who knows, Dinner - mystery meal (something takeout)

Life: Last night I ended up eating BOTH a second burger (tried adding diced red/green peppers, delicious!) AND had s'mores with my daughter. One's good for the body, the other's good for the soul. A healthy person needs both.

Life 2: Wife and youngest daughter leave tonight for Disneyworld, red eye flight arriving at 2am. Daughter's marching band got selected to perform during a parade celebrating 50 years of Disneyworld. Of course, they only perform one time, yet will be there for five days, visiting all the theme parks during spring break. (Wife originally was going to be a chaperone, but now is classified a "band groupie" and will just be travelling with the group, staying at the same hotel but otherwise doing her own thing.)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. I'm able to move around well now, just no sudden twisting movements. Back feel sore, but more like I worked out instead of pain. Pain is almost completely gone already.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

AssessmentMcDonald's for dinner since wife and daughter are out of town for 2 days.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills, plus warmup walk on treadmill waiting for elliptical to open (864 calories)

Food: Lunch - KFC sandwich, Dinner - baked salmon with rice and broccoli

Weight: My body did indeed continue with its every-other-week weight loss by leaping ahead two full pounds, putting me at 179.4. Made it sub-180 before the end of March! Just in time for me to switch gears into a slow bulk, adding creatine to my day and eating back every precious calorie burned working out. Starts Monday...can't wait!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then regular chores of cleaning house and laundry. I'll also attend a party for me later at 2pm.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Party for you? It's not your birthday...
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Then come home and clean up the house a little more.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! No clients this morning because it's my brother's funeral today. I'm feeling the brunt of his loss more today.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Walking 1 hour (not on treadmill, so level ground)

Food: Lunch - stroganoff, Dinner - fried chicken with sweet potatoes