"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Spent most of it on the plane.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: none

Assessment: Airplane food.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - one hour hills (800 calories)

Food: Dinner - French dip sandwiches

Life: Tonight starts my first of two graveyard shifts, joy. There's a reason I accepted the day staff position, and avoiding mids was the single biggest factor! But the normal guy is attending a pair of funerals, so I'm sure he'd rather trade places with me. I'll just have to try to rein in my snacking...staying up late makes me hungry, and my diet falls to pieces during mid shifts.
  • ninerbuff
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Spent most of it on the plane.

Assessment: Airplane food.
  • ninerbuff
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! First full day in Japan. I found a gym to go to so I'll continue workouts and run outside to explore the scenery.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: After all the food I ate at the airport, I skipped dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Spent all day in Tokyo checking out points of interest. Especially the crosswalk that many see in movies or commercials.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Sushi for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Just bodyweight. I'm coming down with a cold.

Strength: Quads- leg press, safety squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and soup last night.

• nossmf
    Options
    Yesterday:

Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x12
    Incline DB Fly 3x12
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 4x12
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Extend 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: After a graveyard shift, I went to the gym to try to force my body back into the "awake in the day, asleep at night" routine. Turned out to be the opposite of Monday's workout; then I got bonus sleep and felt like an animal during the workout; this time I was short sleep, and my workout felt like a total grind. About halfway through I hit the proverbial wall and had to force myself to continue. Fortunately, all the heavy weights poised above me were already done for the day by that time.

Food: Dinner - chili

Tonight's Food: Dinner - beef empanada's
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! My niece has a swim meet and that's an all day affair. We'll just go out and eat later.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Ramen for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Loving Japan! The culture here is so nice and you have no fear walking around ( like in Oakland CA) just to see sights.

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Ramen for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    DB OHP <superset> DB Shrugs 3x8
    Cable Pushdown <superset> Preacher Curl 3x8

Analysis: Is there anything which is simultaneously more motivating, yet deflating, then the guy at the bench press station next to you pressing over a hundred pounds heavier than you are?

Food: Lunch - chili, Dinner - pork schnitzel with sweet potato casserole

Life: Yesterday was my birthday, but because it fell on a Sunday I didn't go to the gym for my annual 1RM of the Key 3. Extrapolating from my current lifts using a 1RM calculator, theoretically I would still break the 1,000 mark at BW 190.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! We're doing Disneyland in Japan today!

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 3x5
    One-Leg Press 3x8
    Seated Leg Curl 3x8
    Calf Extension 4x12
    Cable Crunch 3x10

Food: Lunch - BBQ pork chops with baked potatoes, Dinner - soy chicken strips with buttered noodles

@ninerbuff: Have you been to the Hollywood Disneyland, that way you can compare the Tokyo version to one I've been to?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Last day in Japan.😞 Disneyland here had less rides but they kill Disneyland CA with the Beauty and the Beast ride! Such a fun day there.

Assessment: Disney food.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - one hour hills (800 calories)

Food: Lunch - crock pot honey chicken with rice, Dinner - ground hamburger with rice

Life: Due to budgetary constraints, no donuts today following my cardio. Without them, I'm going to be well under calorie budget for the day. After years of trying to always be below a certain threshold, it's odd now being faced with being under and NOT wanting to be.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Weights: Lower Power

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 3x5
    One-Leg Press 3x8
    Seated Leg Curl 3x8
    Calf Extension 4x12
    Cable Crunch 3x10

Food: Lunch - BBQ pork chops with baked potatoes, Dinner - soy chicken strips with buttered noodles

@ninerbuff: Have you been to the Hollywood Disneyland, that way you can compare the Tokyo version to one I've been to?

Been to Disneyland in LA many times
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Last day in Japan. Fly back this afternoon.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: Thai food for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x12
    Incline Cable Fly 3x12
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 4x12
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Extend 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: On the advice of a friend, I swapped DB fly's for cable fly's. Holy smokes, what a difference! Had to lower the weight to complete the reps, and that squeeze at the middle point is brutal.

Food: Lunch - pork schnitzel with sweet potato casserole, Dinner - chicken spaghetti with side salad
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and I run today. Back in US yesterday and straight to work!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Airplane food and KFC last night.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Heading cross country early next week for the next 10 days to see my son graduate from Army boot camp as a soldier, something he's dreamt of for years. Likely no workouts for me during that time, lots of eating out, will have to watch my food selections. May or may not post throughout, depends on Wi-Fi signal (and since my laptop will be staying here, and I almost never post using my phone, there's that).
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Work was good and I attended a couple of my students graduation yesterday.

Strength: Quads- leg press, safety squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment:Homeade hamburger for dinner.