"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - one hour hills (800 calories)

Playoffs: Nuggets are one win away from advancing to the western conference finals. We've never made it to the NBA Finals...could this be the year?

Food: Lunch - spicy peanut chicken with rice, Dinner - sautéed summer sausage with cinnamon toast and veggies
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Live to fight another game! Onto LA and hopefully make it to a game 7!

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: Homemade hamburger for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x12
    Incline DB Fly 3x12
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Lateral DB Raise 4x12
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Extend 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: Felt a slight tweak in my elbow tendon for the first time in weeks, and it wasn't when I was gripping and pulling, but rather when I was doing the lateral DB raises. Currently I raise with wrists facing down, which upon reflection means maximum torque is being placed on my arm, especially my wrist extensors, which are connected to the elbow tendon in question. I wonder if by twisting my wrist one way or the other I can avoid an issue going forward.

Food: Lunch - chicken strips with egg noodles, Dinner - hamburger stroganoff

NBA: Saw a stat on the TV during my workout that the Warriors are 8-2 under their current head coach in playoff elimination games, so I wouldn't count them out just yet.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »

Playoffs: Nuggets are one win away from advancing to the western conference finals. We've never made it to the NBA Finals...could this be the year?

Food: Lunch - spicy peanut chicken with rice, Dinner - sautéed summer sausage with cinnamon toast and veggies
    I'm hoping for a Nuggets/Warriors Conference Championship!!!!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule this morning. Do or die! Let's give LA their first home playoff loss!!!!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Panda Express for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Warriors season is over now and it's onto just the 49ers camp and Giants baseball now.

Strength: Quads- leg press, safety squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Popeye's chicken sandwich and fries for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. I spent a good amount of time yesterday doing my front yard and trimming all the hedges and bushes as well as cutting tree branches overhanging.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight! Tired this morning even though I went to bed early.

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• nossmf
    edited May 2023
    Options
    From Friday:

Cardio: Groceries walking - 1 hr

Weights: Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    BB RDL 4x10
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Seated Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 4x12

Analysis: My usual machine for doing calves was in a section of the gym roped off for maintenance, so I jumped on a different calf machine. At first I couldn't believe how weak I was, until my brain caught up to the physics of the machine. Instead of my normal pulley-based machine where only my feet move at the ankles, this one had me sitting on a bicycle-looking seat with my entire body being lifted every rep, meaning a portion of my body weight every rep, so of course I had to lower the additional weight added. Doh!

Food: Dinner - baked salmon with rice and broccoli
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    DB OHP <superset> DB Shrugs 3x8
    Cable Pushdown <superset> Preacher Curl 3x8
    DB Suitcase Carry 3x45sec

Analysis: Ok, think I'm starting to actual encounter the benefits of taking creatine, as the weights are continuing to fly around despite increasing them each of the last two weeks. Am going to have to be extra cautious going forward that I don't get overconfident and increase too far too fast, which has caused me issues in the past.

Food: Lunch - hamburger stroganoff, Dinner - baked chicken with buttered noodles

Playoffs: Nuggets are favored over the Lakers to reach the NBA Finals, but you can never count out LeBron James.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Conference championships start tonight. Heat and Nuggets are my picks.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Workout: None

Reason: Alarm clock didn't go off. Getting rather fed up with this clock. Was debating swapping today's heavy leg day into tomorrow's cardio slot, but since I'm still gonna hit legs on Friday, I reckon I'll just keep the cardio tomorrow and skip deadlifts this week.

Food: Lunch - chicken strips and rice, Dinner - Taco Tuesday
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule. So happy the Nuggets pulled it off last night even with AD dropping 40.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options

Playoffs: Nuggets are up 1-0. Tried to give it away at the end, but we held on. Jokic had 21 boards, that's insane. Almost as insane as him NOT getting NBA MVP again this year, but if we win out, I'm sure he'll happily settle for NBA Finals MVP.

Food: Lunch - Burger King, Dinner - fried chicken with sweet potato casserole (add in donuts for breakfast, and I gotta say, combining bulking plus cardio day equals a sweet day of eating!)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. It's been heating up in the afternoons after cool in the morning.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x12
    Incline DB Fly 3x12
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 4x12
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Extend 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: Found a little-used machine at my gym for working lateral delts, has you sit, place your outer elbows against the inside of a padded arm, grip a handle with elbow bent 90 degrees, and raise elbows to the side. Zero strain on my elbow tendon, was able to double the weight I use pain-free. Score!

Food: Lunch - spicy peanut chicken with rice, Dinner - sloppy Joe's

Movies: Have to wait to see Guardians of the Galaxy 3 until it comes out on Disney+, as my wife wants to see Fast and Furious 10 tomorrow and our entertainment budget is limited. Can't complain, though, as I got to see Dungeons & Dragons in theater, loved it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule this morning. LA loses again!!!! Yes!!!!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Homemade hamburger for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Grocery shopping, pushing a loaded cart around - 1 hr

Food: Lunch - KFC sandwich, Dinner - Whataburger

Movie Watch: Taking wife to see Fast X tonight on date night. She's obsessed with the series, I am morbidly curious what insane stunt is going to top the last movie.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Heat win again! Just cleaning the house today.

Strength: Quads- leg press, safety squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    BB RDL 4x10
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Seated Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 4x12

Analysis: Knee started to balk during the last set of squats, but I was able to work through it after a bit of massage, and the rest of the workout was unhindered.

Food: Lunch - Little Caesar's pizza, Dinner - French toast and scrambled eggs and bacon