"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Had fun watching Denver kick the Lakers *kitten* again in the 4th. Lakers are good for 3 quarters. Then age catches up with them.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pancit for dinner.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    Food: Lunch - grilled cheese and tomato soup, Dinner - homemade pizza

Life: Today my little girl turns 18 years old, she graduates high school this coming Wednesday, and then she plans to enlist in the Navy. I'm stuck somewhere between proud and in denial.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight! Celtics lost again!!!! I'm loving that LA and Boston are getting trounched!

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    DB OHP <superset> DB Shrugs 3x8
    Cable Pushdown <superset> Preacher Curl 3x8
    DB Suitcase Carry 3x45sec

Analysis: Ran out of time for the suitcase carry, but otherwise everything went great!

Food: Lunch - baked chicken with buttered noodles, Dinner - steak stir fry with rice and veggies

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Lakers get swept!!!! Love it!!!! Now let's see Miami do the same!!!

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 3x5
    One-Leg Press 3x8
    Seated Leg Curl 3x8
    Calf Extension 4x12
    Cable Crunch 3x10

Analysis: Increased the deadlift weight enough to where my grip strength will soon be the limiting factor rather than my legs/back. Don't want to use wrist straps if I can avoid it, I don't intend to go back to doing triples or singles any more (growing timidly risk-averse in my old age?). Already do mixed grip over/under, and it's only the last rep each set which proves challenging. Think I'll use my grip as the standard to know when to increase weight again, as in don't go up unless my grip feels strong as well as my posterior chain.

Food: Lunch - homemade pizza, Dinner - pork parmesan with mashed potatoes

NBA: I haven't watched more than a few minutes of any NBA game in decades, not since Jordan retired (the second time). But with the Nuggets making it to the NBA Finals for the first time ever, and Jokic playing at an MVP level giving hope we just may win the whole thing, I may have to tune in for a game or two.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule. Was hoping the Heat would sweep. Wait till tomorrow now.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Pork chop and salad for dinner yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Just got a new weight belt squat attachment and will try it on Saturday! Let's see if Miami closes it out tonight in Boston!

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: Pizza for dinner. I always end up eating more when we have it.
  • nossmf
    Options
    From yesterday:

Cardio: Elliptical - one hour hills (800 calories)

Food: Dinner - home grilled hamburgers

Life: Yesterday was my daughter's official graduation, walking across the stage, all that. Big class... 493 kids... so between all the names, plus speeches, plus musical presentations, plus delays from the metal detector at the city auditorium entrance, and the whole thing took almost 5 hours. Was greatly regretting not eating lunch before, but I guess hunger helped season the burgers to taste even better than normal.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x12
    Incline DB Fly 3x12
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 4x12
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Extend 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: A group of us at the gym sometimes find little challenges for each other in the weight room. Today's centered around the lateral DB raise. Pick a DB half the weight you normally use, raise both arms out. Hold one arm in place, extended, while the other arm does five reps, then hold it in place while the first arm matches. Repeat doing four reps, 3-2-1, before finally putting the weights down to rest. That's one set. I didn't take part now that I use the machine for lateral raises instead of DB's on account of my elbow, but I did join the laughter at this monster of a man complaining about using such light weights, then the look on his face as he had to grind out the last few reps.

Food: Lunch - steak stir-fry with rice, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad

Marvel: Making steady progress working my way through the various Marvel products on Disney+. Finally saw Black Panther 2 (didn't like it) and Ant Man 3 (did like it), and have finished several mini-series: Wandavision, Loki, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, She Hulk and now Hawkeye. Next up: Ms. Marvel, not because I'm interested, but because it'll lead into Captain Marvel 2 which comes out soon.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x12
    Incline DB Fly 3x12
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 4x12
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Extend 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: A group of us at the gym sometimes find little challenges for each other in the weight room. Today's centered around the lateral DB raise. Pick a DB half the weight you normally use, raise both arms out. Hold one arm in place, extended, while the other arm does five reps, then hold it in place while the first arm matches. Repeat doing four reps, 3-2-1, before finally putting the weights down to rest. That's one set. I didn't take part now that I use the machine for lateral raises instead of DB's on account of my elbow, but I did join the laughter at this monster of a man complaining about using such light weights, then the look on his face as he had to grind out the last few reps.

Food: Lunch - steak stir-fry with rice, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad

Marvel: Making steady progress working my way through the various Marvel products on Disney+. Finally saw Black Panther 2 (didn't like it) and Ant Man 3 (did like it), and have finished several mini-series: Wandavision, Loki, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, She Hulk and now Hawkeye. Next up: Ms. Marvel, not because I'm interested, but because it'll lead into Captain Marvel 2 which comes out soon.
    I liked most of Marvel mini series. Watch the Werewolf by night one. Pretty good and different.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule this morning. Long day ahead. Looking forward to the weekend because I just bought a new weight belt squat attachment and will try it out for the first time tomorrow.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

AssessmentTaco Bell for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    BB RDL 4x10
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Seated Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 4x12
    Suitcase Carry 3x40s

Analysis: Since this workout takes less time than my upper power, I've moved the suitcase carries here. A fellow gym rat did one set of them also, but he also did a set of waiter's carries (holding the DB overhead) using half the weight but walking around the entire circumference of the gym.

Food: Lunch - KFC sandwich, Dinner - sweet and sour pork with rice
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Heat win again! Just cleaning the house today.

Strength: Quads- leg press, safety squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Homemade hamburger

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Just have to do laundry. Won't do much shopping because we're leaving for Japan on Wednesday.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Bonchon chicken for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Food: Lunch - sweet and sour pork with rice, Dinner - crock pot chicken alfredo

Travel: Geez, @ninerbuff, you just got back from international vacation not long ago, now you're off again? Really racking up the frequent flyer miles!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday and Memorial day! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight!

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    DB OHP <superset> DB Shrugs 3x8
    Cable Pushdown <superset> Preacher Curl 3x8

Analysis: Felt like a beast, weights were flying around. Amazing how much better a workout is when you get enough sleep!

Food: Lunch - McDonald's, Dinner - Buffalo chicken bites with rice

NBA: Tonight we find out who my Nuggets are going to beat in the Finals. Whoever wins is going to be dead tired, where we've been resting for almost a week.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Quick workout this morning then I'll go home and catch an Uber to the airport.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 3x5
    One-Leg Press 3x8
    Seated Leg Curl 3x8
    Calf Extension 4x12
    Cable Crunch 3x10

Analysis: Solid workout.

Food: Lunch - chicken sandwich, Dinner - pork parmesan with mashed potatoes

NBA: Looks like we'll be taking down the Heat in the Finals. We'll try to do you proud, @ninerbuff.