"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,773 Member
    Options
    Food: Homemade pizza night! My kids love this night over all others, even the teenagers.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Full schedule. So nervous today for the Warriors. I really want them to move on but unsure of how they've been playing as of late.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner

• nossmf
    Options
    Food: Chili!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight! Warriors move on!!! I was a nervous wreck yesterday till the mid 4th quarter. Steph Curry is on another level.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Anyone that knows me, knows I can't stand ANY LA team so I'll be touting the "Beat LA" theme all week.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    DB OHP <superset> DB Shrugs 3x8
    Cable Pushdown <superset> Preacher Curl 3x8
    DB Suitcase Carry 3x45sec

Analysis: Time to start upping weights as needed. Raise one superset weight due to necessity (the lower DB's were all in use), log marked to increase two others next week.

Food: Lunch - homemade pizza, Dinner - parmesan chicken with baked potato

Playoffs: Nuggets advance (up 1-0 Round 2), Avalanche's title defense over with a first-round knockout.

NFL Draft: Going into the draft, I felt the Broncos had holes at DT, C, LB and secondary. Draft picks filled everything but DT. Had a half-formed fear we'd trade away our 2024 draft to move up for somebody we didn't need, but fortunately we didn't. Swapped a late-round pick for TE Trautman from New Orleans, didn't really see a need for him. Next year we'll finally be picking in the first round again.

Fantasy Football: Compiling lists for my upcoming dynasty league rookie-only drafts. In one league I have the 1.1 pick, picking Bijan Robinson is a no-brainer. But I have three leagues to prepare, and this year's rookie crop looks like it'll be more WR-TE centric with fewer RB's worth grabbing early.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Game one tonight vs Lakers. I HATE the Lakers with a passion so this series means a lot to me to win.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho for dinner last night.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 3x5
    One-Leg Press 3x10
    Seated Leg Curl 3x8
    Calf Extension 4x12
    Cable Crunch 3x10

Analysis: Increased the weights for everything except the one-leg press, which I actually DECREASED. My depth per rep was seriously lacking, so I sucked up my pride and cut the weight in half so I could do it proper again. Was mildly worried before starting whether my right grip would be able to handle things, as that was the elbow injured during, ironically enough, deadlifts. I needn't have worried, as my right grip was more than up to the task, while my LEFT grip was the one straining.

Food: Lunch - soy chicken with buttered noodles, Dinner - pork schnitzel with sweet potato casserole

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule. My long day and I'm already tired this morning. Warriors lost last night and it makes me anxious every time.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - one hour hills (800 calories)

Playoffs: Nuggets are up 2-0, and one radio analyst I listen to thinks they're now the favored team to make it to the NBA Finals out of the West.

Food: Lunch - buffalo boneless wings with rice, Dinner - home grilled hamburger
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x12
    Incline DB Fly 3x12
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Lateral DB Raise 4x12
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Extend 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: Due to so many weights being used at the same time (busy morning), my incline bench working sets were done with a 45# on one side, a series of 10#'s on the other. Mathematically the two sides balanced, but it still felt psychologically different, especially with a mirror across the way looking rather ridiculous.

Food: Lunch - pork schnitzel with sweet potato casserole, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Game 2 tonight for Warriors. Need the win.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule this morning. DUBS win!!!!!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Popeye's chicken sandwich for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    BB RDL 4x10
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Seated Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 4x12

Analysis: Knee started to complain during squat warmups, but quickly settled down once I was actually warmed up.

Food: Lunch - burgers, Dinner - coq au vin (French chicken stew, I think...)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Will watch "Guardians of the Galaxy" today!

Strength: Quads- leg press, safety squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Warriors got waxed yesterday and now tomorrow is another nail biting game. Also watched "Guardians of the Galaxy" and thought it was good entertainment.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Theater junk food and Thai for dinner last night. My weight is obviously up today, so I have to do a little extra work to burn off some of these extra calories I took in.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight!
    Nervous for tonight's game against the Lakers.

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. I actually went to bed at 9:30pm last night. That's early for me.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    DB OHP <superset> DB Shrugs 3x8
    Cable Pushdown <superset> Preacher Curl 3x8
    DB Suitcase Carry 3x45sec

Analysis: Another week of marking to raise weights for next time. I'm back up to pre-injury weights.

Food: Lunch - roast beef sandwich and chips, Dinner - spicy peanut chicken with rice

Playoffs: Nuggets were up 2-0, now series tied 2-2. Danger of repeating past years where championship potential never even makes it to the Western Finals, let alone win it all.

Fantasy Football: All three leagues have now begun the rookie-only draft for my dynasty teams. Felt weird taking a TE in the first round, but at 1.8 all the top picks were already taken, and that's where my team needs were, so what can you do?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Ugh down 1-3 versus the Lakers now. This is probably it because I don't have much faith in the team winning 3 in a row.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 3x5
    One-Leg Press 3x10
    Seated Leg Curl 3x8
    Calf Extension 4x12
    Cable Crunch 3x10

Analysis: Deadlifts didn't hurt my hands this morning, not sure I should read anything into that. Not likely I suddenly have calluses I didn't last week; possible I positioned my hands just a quarter inch differently; most likely it's because different bars have different knurling patterns, and the bar I used today was different enough to not irritate my hands.

Food: Lunch - spaghetti (at work, no salad), Dinner - chicken fajitas

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule. Long work day today. Warriors last chance tonight to stay alive. Hopefully win the next 3 but I won't bet on it.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Pork loin and green beans for dinner.