"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Just one client and TKO tonight! Gonna run this morning and hit back later, but everything is going good. Legs are little sore from Monday's run.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 miles (590 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Had lamb for dinner yesterday. It was da bom.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: Strength Training.

Lower Body:
    Squats: 3x10x40lb.
    Squats - Frog: 3x10.
    Squats with calf raises: 3x10x40lb.
    Forward lunges: 3x10.
    Reverse lunges: 3x10.
    Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.
    Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.
    One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.
    Calf raises: 3x10x40lb.
    One-legged squat: 3x10.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! TKO this morning, client and the Volleyball girls tonight. May also run weather permitting.

Cardio:Arc Trainer- level 100 12 min Tabata protocol (150 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Retaining some water, but not much.
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    Strength: Deads, Back & Biceps

Increased weight for the deadlifts by 5 lbs.

Inverted rows (bodyweight) 2x10
    Barbell Deadlifts, 3 warmup sets, 3 working sets, 8, 6, 6 at 195
    3 sets pull ups, 15, 12, 10
    3 sets chin ups, 15, 12, 10
    2 sets barbell rows, 10, 8 at 135
    1-arm dumbbell rows, 15x 45s
    3x10 ez-bar curls, 65 lbs
    2x8 suppinated dumbbell curls, 30
    1x6 regular dumbbell curls, 30

+ Ab Ripper X

Food: over yesterday (esp carbs) but under today, macros good.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Nice workout, spartacus!

Thursday: Unintentional rest day. Closed on the refinance of my house. I can not tell you what a crazy drawn out process this has been. Stress levels today were through the roof. Gah. I'll celebrate when the loan actually funds on Tuesday.

Due to that wonderful stress, food was way under.

Looking forward to Friday and a good workout.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    I've been through one of those nightmare refi closings before ... we ended up walking out, firing the mortgage broker, then starting all over! Go work out and relieve some of that stress!

Light cardio day: 30 minutes spinning this morning.

Happy Friday all!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Strength: Deads, Back & Biceps

Increased weight for the deadlifts by 5 lbs.

Inverted rows (bodyweight) 2x10
    Barbell Deadlifts, 3 warmup sets, 3 working sets, 8, 6, 6 at 195
    3 sets pull ups, 15, 12, 10
    3 sets chin ups, 15, 12, 10
    2 sets barbell rows, 10, 8 at 135
    1-arm dumbbell rows, 15x 45s
    3x10 ez-bar curls, 65 lbs
    2x8 suppinated dumbbell curls, 30
    1x6 regular dumbbell curls, 30

+ Ab Ripper X

Food: over yesterday (esp carbs) but under today, macros good.
    Nice on the supination curls!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Nice workout, spartacus!

Thursday: Unintentional rest day. Closed on the refinance of my house. I can not tell you what a crazy drawn out process this has been. Stress levels today were through the roof. Gah. I'll celebrate when the loan actually funds on Tuesday.

How long did it take? We're getting ready to do the same.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Gonna be a sunny one today! I sub a client today for one of my friends here at work and have one client and TKO tonight! Gonna be a good day!

Cardio: Arc trainer- level 35 30 min (366 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: Well within calorie limits and down a little.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Nice workout, spartacus!

How long did it take? We're getting ready to do the same.

I don't think I'm a good case. I have a complication. My ex and I still share the house (she's on the title plus still lives here). If the refinance goes through, she's moving out.

But, Texas has really strong homestead rights. Seems like, it takes a lot to take someone off a title, even if they want to come off. The underwriters have been back and forth over what she has to sign to come off "properly" in Texas. And, she's been unhelpful in not wanting to sign things. I'm reminded of why we're exes. :laugh: :grumble:

In fact, we hit a snag because she refused to sign something at the closing. My nightmare isn't over with this. :sad: :sad:

I applied for the refinance 2 months ago (Feb.).

Don't be scared of it due to my case. Mine shouldn't be this difficult, but, it is more unusual than most people's situation, so it's not that surprising it's taken some time.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    1 hour kickboxing; ~500 cals burned. Got a weird pain on the outside of my right calf while doing kicks against the heavy bag, about 50 mins. into class. I stretched it out for a minute or so and it seemed fine after, though is still tender. Maybe a hydration thing...

OH, I forgot to mention: I went to buy some shorts for summer. I was a 38 waist ... I took a pair of 36s and 35s into the dressing room to try on ... and ended up buying 34s!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    1 hour kickboxing; ~500 cals burned. Got a weird pain on the outside of my right calf while doing kicks against the heavy bag, about 50 mins. into class. I stretched it out for a minute or so and it seemed fine after, though is still tender. Maybe a hydration thing...

OH, I forgot to mention: I went to buy some shorts for summer. I was a 38 waist ... I took a pair of 36s and 35s into the dressing room to try on ... and ended up buying 34s!
    WIN!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Kickboxing this morning and a bod pod evaluation. Then yard work!

Cardio: kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Stayed in calorie limits and no gain/loss.
  • brandiuntz
    Options

NICE! Talk about a NSV.

Saturday: Cardio

1.5 mile walk/run mix. 30 minutes.

Also had batting practice.

Food: Should be on target. going to a birthday party, but not expecting any overeating.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! One client and TKO this morning. Head to the mall to get a battery for my wife's watch.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 miles (590 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Ater Filipino yesterday and ice cream, but weight is ddown today.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Finally had sushi last night! Actually sashimi, but I did have a little rice on the side.

I've added two pounds since last weigh-in, which is a bit surprising, but I've been taking creatine regularly so I'm going to assume its water weight. The waist size on my shorts tells me not to worry too much about it. :)

Chest & Triceps day

3x15 push-ups
    Flat Bench to 187.5, increased to 192.5 for the last set of 5 reps
    Incline Bench to 155 (all sets completed this time)
    Tricep extensions w/ 65 lb bar (same)
    3x15 military push-ups
    Overhead dumbbell tricep extension w/ 20lbs (same)
    Tricep Dips - to failure (25x)

Playing catch with my son after lunch. :)
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Sunday: Double elimination softball tournament. 4 games as catcher. My hamstrings and calves are killing me! Now I remember why I do all those squats.:laugh:

Lots of stretching afterwards.

Food: On target. Not eating all those exercise calories back.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Stats first:

Start-191.2
    Last-189.4
    Today- 190

Good thing I'm not hung up on the scale. I know that last night's meal (with soy sauce) help to keep my weight up this morning. Anyway, client this morning, one this evening and then TKO. Looking to kick *kitten* for the start of next month and getting into shape for summer!

Cardio:Arc trainer- 30 min (275 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I didn't do so well the whole month, so I have to concentrate more on getting my calories down.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Sunday: Double elimination softball tournament. 4 games as catcher.

Dang!

Abs & Cardio today: Slightly modified Ab Ripper followed by 30 minutes spinning. ~300 cals.

GOAL FOR MAY: Drop a pound a week. And I don't mean on my toes!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Monday: REST day. Much needed. Did stretch legs some.

Food: a little under. Doesn't feel like it, but that's what the diary says.

Assessment: Dropped a little more weight. Not too much, and going to give it a few days to see if it holds. Wasn't surprised to see a drop the day after some major exercise.