"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients this morning, so I have it to myself. Will do the lawn and inside of the van today. Have a client later in the evening and TKO class.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (600 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lowest in weight I've been since February.

Congrats!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, all!

I'll be out of town for that Warrior Dash this weekend. Won't be logging food or exercise, but I know I'll have an awesome burn on Saturday.:tongue:

Keep up the great workouts!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Let's have a good weekend everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Have a Test the trainer, kickboxing, and then an eval this morning. After that we're going out to celebrate Mother's day since my DW is leaving for business trip tomorrow.

Cardio: kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Doing good and Tuesday weigh in should be good.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Client and TKO this morning. After I drive my DW to the airport because she on business trip to DC for a week. I'll grocery shop later today too.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (189 calories)

Assessment: Ate a lot of carbs yesterday so weight is up a little.
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    I'll be out of town for that Warrior Dash this weekend. Won't be logging food or exercise, but I know I'll have an awesome burn on Saturday.:tongue:

I'm sure you rocked the Dash!

Saturday: Abs, cardio (spinning 30 minutes) and more cardio (Spartacus workout); approx. 600+ cals. Two too many margaritas at a friend's party. But weight was down 2 pounds for the week!

Sunday: Strength - chest & back; same weights as last time. Cooked up sea bass and a big salad for mother's day. The kids made cookies; couldn't avoid them.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

I'm sure you rocked the Dash!

Saturday: Abs, cardio (spinning 30 minutes) and more cardio (Spartacus workout); approx. 600+ cals. Two too many margaritas at a friend's party. But weight was down 2 pounds for the week!

Sunday: Strength - chest & back; same weights as last time. Cooked up sea bass and a big salad for mother's day. The kids made cookies; couldn't avoid them.
    Lol, they're special cookies! Good weekend!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Got a couple of clients this morning, an eval, and then TKO class. I switched one of my evening clients to TKO because he wanted to do it and it opened up due to an injury to someone and they can't finish the sessions, so he is doing them.

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (560 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Good weekend and so far good start to the week.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Monday: Spinning, 50 minutes, plus 10 minutes of ab work. ~450 cals total.

Food was alright; the quality of carbs could have been better, but overall macros were close to where they should be.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Stats first:
    Start- 189
    Last- 187.8
    Today- 187.6

Happy Tuesday! Don't think I drank enough water yesterday. I was under in calories, but having lamb for dinner may have put extra sodium in my system last night. TKO, couple of evals and then 2 clients tonight.

Cardio:Tabata protocol Arc Trainer- 12 minutes (4 minute warm up, Tabata, 4 minute cool down) 236 calories.

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Could have done much better this week.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Strength - Deadlifts and Arms today.

So I start doing curls with the EZ bar and it was anything but easy. I was really struggling for some reason. Same thing when I started doing tricep extensions with the bar. Were my arms overworked? Did I suddenly lose strength? Was my diet way off?

It wasn't until midway through the second set of curls I realized the problem - instead of 25 pound plates, I had put a pair of 35s on the bar! So I was doing a full 20 pounds more than last time! AND STILL NAILING IT. Okay, well, honestly, my form was alright but I could not do all 10 reps of the second and third supersets. But close!

Also increased the dumbbell curl weight to 35 from 30 (more reasonable!)

And, last, I upped my deadlift to 200 pounds for the last set of five.

A good workout!

Food: spot on!
  • spartacus69
    Options
    P.S. My wife made this - with raspberries instead of strawberries - as a post-workout dessert:
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/frozen-chocolate-strawberry-mousse/

Super tasty. Highly recommended (if you're okay with dairy.)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Strength - Deadlifts and Arms today.

So I start doing curls with the EZ bar and it was anything but easy. I was really struggling for some reason. Same thing when I started doing tricep extensions with the bar. Were my arms overworked? Did I suddenly lose strength? Was my diet way off?

It wasn't until midway through the second set of curls I realized the problem - instead of 25 pound plates, I had put a pair of 35s on the bar! So I was doing a full 20 pounds more than last time! AND STILL NAILING IT. Okay, well, honestly, my form was alright but I could not do all 10 reps of the second and third supersets. But close!

Also increased the dumbbell curl weight to 35 from 30 (more reasonable!)

And, last, I upped my deadlift to 200 pounds for the last set of five.

A good workout!

Food: spot on!
    Lol, totally shock the crap out of your muscles and then realize that you can actually use more weight! Hell yeah!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    P.S. My wife made this - with raspberries instead of strawberries - as a post-workout dessert:
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/frozen-chocolate-strawberry-mousse/

Super tasty. Highly recommended (if you're okay with dairy.)
    Yeah, for me the the raspberries would end up a "streak" mark in the the undies since I'm lactose intolerant.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! One client this morning, then an evening one and TKO. Had a good eating day yesterday and today I have time to wash the car and get the oil changed.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 miles (590 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Good drop this morning.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! TKO this morning and a weight room orientation, then later tonight I have 2 clients. Got oil change done on DW new car yesterday and also got to try on my new Vibrams which I picked up from the post office! They feel cool!

Cardio:Arc Trainer- level 100 12 min Tabata protocol (150 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Another good day with food and water!
  • spartacus69
    Options

Happy Thursday! TKO this morning and a weight room orientation, then later tonight I have 2 clients. Got oil change done on DW new car yesterday and also got to try on my new Vibrams which I picked up from the post office! They feel cool!

Which Vibrams did you get? I ordered some New Balance trainers that have Vibram soles ... it's an interesting blend of technologies. Seems a lot of people are using 'minimal' shoes for cross-training and weight lifting now.

No exercise yesterday (other than walking 1 mile round trip to the sandwich shop.) Food was on target.

Legs & Shoulders today; no mistakes with the weights this time - could be dangerous with squats.

10 minutes calisthenics and abs.
    Dumbbell Deadlifts.
    Power Clean & Press (this has become one of my favorite exercises.)
    Supersets of squats and upright rows, or squats and dumbbell shoulder flyes.
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts & Lunges

Increased the weight for squats slightly.

I'm going to need to have my suits tailored very soon ... pants are getting quite loose.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Which Vibrams did you get? I ordered some New Balance trainers that have Vibram soles ... it's an interesting blend of technologies. Seems a lot of people are using 'minimal' shoes for cross-training and weight lifting now.

No exercise yesterday (other than walking 1 mile round trip to the sandwich shop.) Food was on target.

Legs & Shoulders today; no mistakes with the weights this time - could be dangerous with squats.

10 minutes calisthenics and abs.
    Dumbbell Deadlifts.
    Power Clean & Press (this has become one of my favorite exercises.)
    Supersets of squats and upright rows, or squats and dumbbell shoulder flyes.
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts & Lunges

Increased the weight for squats slightly.

I'm going to need to have my suits tailored very soon ... pants are getting quite loose.
    I got the KSO's and Komodo's.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients this morning because I'm picking up DW from airport this morning. Have a client later on and TKO after that.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (600 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: Same weight as yesterday even though I had a Big Steak Omelette at IHOP yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Have a Test the trainer, kickboxing, and then a Bod Pod test this morning. Later a barbeque at a friend's house. Yipee.

Cardio: kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Assessment: Lower than last week so that's good.