"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! Some great workouts going on.

@Spartacus: I'm up a couple pounds this week, myself. I figure it's a mix of water retention and a couple off days in the eating. I'm sure it'll drop back off soon enough.

Saturday: Cardio. HIIT sprint/jog mix

1. 2 minute warm up - light jog.
    2. Sprint 15 seconds and recover jog for 45 seconds. 15 sets (15 minutes total).
    3. 10 minutes light paced jog.
    4. 1 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute of jogging. 13 minutes.
    5. 5 minutes stretching.

Food: Off to a pool party. Not expecting to overeat.
    Probably is brandi
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Thanks Brandi; you're probably right!

Sunday Strength Day: Chest & Back

Mixed up the routine a little bit, so I could incorporate supersets throughout the workout, keeping the heart rate elevated (very little rest time.) I should probably invest in a HRM at some point, lol.

10 minute cardio/calisthenic warmup

Pushups and inverted rows, 3x12 supersets with no rest.

Flat bench press and wide-grip pullups (first three supersets), then bench press and 1-arm dumbbell rows (last three.)

Incline bench press and side-grip pullups (four supersets).

2-arm bent-over dumbell rows and military push-ups, 2 supersets.
    Yea! Super sets.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Got a couple of clients this morning, an eval, one this evening and then TKO class. I had a pretty good weekend and did okay, but could have done better. Lol, the theatre visits didn't help much. But onward and downward!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (560 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I caved in for Taco Bell last night and I'm sure that's my weight's up a little.
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    Most of the online formulas are pretty accurate if you're honest with your actual activity. Try using the Mifflin/St. Jeor method of calculation since it's seems a little more accurate IMO.

Thanks. Mifflin's sedentary (desk job) RMR number seems like what I expect; other activity-based calculators are giving me much higher numbers.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Legs & Shoulders today; yes, two strength days in a row, but I just wasn't in a cardio mood.

10 minutes cycling warmup

Dumbbell Deadlifts - 2x10

Power Clean & Press - 2 warmup sets, 3 working sets

Then on to the supersets:

Squats & Upright Rows x2 sets each
    Squats & Dumbell Shoulder Flyes x2
    Squats & Dumbell Shoulder Front Raises x2
    Last set of squats followed by 20 quick bodyweight squats - oh the burn!

Stiff Leg Deadlifts & Lunges x2

5 minutes stretching.

Food: slightly over on carbs today, but overall very good.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Forgot to mention: my sister-in-law wants me to do a Tough Mudder with her next year!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Legs & Shoulders today; yes, two strength days in a row, but I just wasn't in a cardio mood.

10 minutes cycling warmup

Dumbbell Deadlifts - 2x10

Power Clean & Press - 2 warmup sets, 3 working sets

Then on to the supersets:

Squats & Upright Rows x2 sets each
    Squats & Dumbell Shoulder Flyes x2
    Squats & Dumbell Shoulder Front Raises x2
    Last set of squats followed by 20 quick bodyweight squats - oh the burn!

Stiff Leg Deadlifts & Lunges x2

5 minutes stretching.

Food: slightly over on carbs today, but overall very good.
    Good to hear! Good workout too!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Stats first:
    Start- 189
    Today- 187.8

Happy Tuesday! Short of goal this week and I know it had to do with movie going, but don't plan to see anything till the next month again, so I won't be distracted. Even if I do go, I'll just have to restrain from indulging too much.
    TKO this morning and 2 clients tonight for PT. I'm going to start working on prepping the van (which just got paid off this month) for the semi annual clay bar, polish and wax routine I do.

Cardio:Tabata protocol Arc Trainer- 12 minutes (4 minute warm up, Tabata, 4 minute cool down) 236 calories.

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Was a little disappointed, but can't be distracted.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, all.

Short full body strength training today (wasn't feeling cardio):

Bicep curls: 3x5x20lb
    Pushups: 3x10
    Diamond pushups (full body, not knees): 5x5
    Squats: 3x10x40lb
    Calf raises: 3x15
    Frog squats: 3x10.
    Scissor kicks: 3x20
    Plank: 1x30sec
    Forward lunges: 1x10.

Food: On target.

Assessment: dropped some of that "extra" weight I gained last week.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Forgot to mention: my sister-in-law wants me to do a Tough Mudder with her next year!

You should totally do it!
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Pre-registered for the April 2013 Tough Mudder! Still have time to back out, lol. We'll see how sis-in-law holds up. Brandi have you done one before? My main concern is running, which my knees won't let me do ...

Yesterday's food almost perfect; slightly under the net target. No exercise though.

Abs & Cardio this morning: P90X Ab Ripper and 30 minutes spinning. MFP says over 400 cals total; that's probably a little high.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Pre-registered for the April 2013 Tough Mudder! Still have time to back out, lol. We'll see how sis-in-law holds up. Brandi have you done one before? My main concern is running, which my knees won't let me do ...

Yesterday's food almost perfect; slightly under the net target. No exercise though.

Abs & Cardio this morning: P90X Ab Ripper and 30 minutes spinning. MFP says over 400 cals total; that's probably a little high.
    Hell no, you're committed now!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! No clients this morning and one this evening and TKO. Time to work on cleaning the van inside and out this week. Also will hit the back yard lawn since it was too hot to do it yesterday.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 miles (590 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Down a little this morning.
  • brandiuntz
    Options

I've done a Warrior Dash, and will be doing a second Dash this weekend.

I've had a friend do the Mudder. She'd done a Dash and wanted to challenge herself with the Mudder.

Tough Mudder is a 10 mile course. The Dash is only a 5K. Mudder's are a challenge. You're definitely going to want to be in shape for one. They're harder than a Dash due to the longer distance and more obstacles.

I admit I stick to the Dash because I can handle a 5K. Not sure I want to train myself to run 10 miles.

You can walk the course, though. Certainly no need to actually run the whole thing. I assume the obstacles are like the Dash. Not that challenging, just numerous and you'll get really dirty.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Wednesday: Cardio

HIIT

2. Sprint 15 seconds and recover jog for 45 seconds. 15 sets (15 minutes total).
    3. 10 minutes jog.
    5. 5 minutes stretching.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Wednesday: Cardio

HIIT

3. 10 minutes jog.
    5. 5 minutes stretching.

I like this. I'm may have to give it a shot.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! TKO this morning and a Bod Pod. I also start a new client tonight with her husband and they are looking forward to meeting me. I'm looking forward to training them.

Cardio:Arc Trainer- level 100 12 min Tabata protocol (150 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Good day yesterday with food and water.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Hell no, you're committed now!

LOL. Sis-in-law much more likely to drop out ... but I think she IS serious about dropping 50lbs or so, and if this motivates her, I'm in.
    I've done a Warrior Dash, and will be doing a second Dash this weekend.

I've had a friend do the Mudder. She'd done a Dash and wanted to challenge herself with the Mudder.

Tough Mudder is a 10 mile course. The Dash is only a 5K. Mudder's are a challenge. You're definitely going to want to be in shape for one. They're harder than a Dash due to the longer distance and more obstacles.

I admit I stick to the Dash because I can handle a 5K. Not sure I want to train myself to run 10 miles.

You can walk the course, though. Certainly no need to actually run the whole thing. I assume the obstacles are like the Dash. Not that challenging, just numerous and you'll get really dirty.

Thanks for the info!

New superset strength workout today: Deads & Arms.

10 minutes cardio warmup (cycling)

Then nuthin' but supersets of deadlifts, bicep curls, tricep extensions. Lather, rinse, repeat. Seven supersets total.

Deadlift working sets at 195 lbs, barbell curls/extensions at 65, dumbbell curls at 30, dumbbell extensions at 20. Made a note to increase the weight for the arm exercises next time.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients this morning, so I have it to myself. Will do the lawn and inside of the van today. Have a client later in the evening and TKO class.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (600 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lowest in weight I've been since February.
  • spartacus69
    Options

Assessment: Lowest in weight I've been since February.

Outstanding!