September Move Your @SS Challenge

Options

Replies

• bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I checked out the link to the spreadsheets and saw that I made two of the three lists :drinker:
    I then thought about it and realized what a freakin slacker I have become :noway:

SSssssoooooo.... I have registered for the following so that I have no excuse:

1. Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5K walk on 09/25/2011
    2. American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on 10/16/2011
    3. Lincolnwood Turkey Trot 5K RUN (my first run EVER :love: ) on 11/20/2011 and
    4. 2-Day Avon Walk for Breast Cancer on 06/02/2012

I also plan on registering for the Y-Me Foundation Race at Your Pace walk/run (not sure which one yet) which is held on Mother's Day each year. AND, my boyfriend fixed the brakes on my bike so I seriously have NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER to move my *kitten*!!!!!:angry:

So here I am (a little late) joining my 10th MYA Challenge with a low goal of 40 miles. I plan on trying to run a mile a day to start for my training for the 5K run in November. If any of you have any suggestions of a schedule I should follow to be ready for this run in 2 months, please feel free to share.

Happy moving everyone!!!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    2 miles today. WILL do more tomorrow!! :happy:
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm a little behind.

9/3 - 4.9 miles
    9/4 - 2.42 miles
    9/5 - 2.38 miles
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing the September tribal challenge? I am BEAT! I got 3.5 miles on the treadmill and then 2.2 miles during our family bike ride. Whoo..... Sig is updated!
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Solid run tonight :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing the September tribal challenge? I am BEAT! I got 3.5 miles on the treadmill and then 2.2 miles during our family bike ride. Whoo..... Sig is updated!

I am! :drinker:

5.05 done today.,...
  • Stephib10
    Stephib10 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    5 km run this morning. Heat wave coming so I'll have to be creative ( okay... Just set my alarm for early!).
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have posted this week yet but I have gotten 55.5 miles done. I just updated the ticker.
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    saw the new tab on the spreadsheet dinos....i was sooo excited to see my name in not 1 or 2 but all 3 columns/categories....thank you so much...i needed that boost....you are an awesome record keeper....

What spreadsheet? I would love to see it. How do I get it?

Thanks!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

What spreadsheet? I would love to see it. How do I get it?

There is a spreadsheet where I track the challenge progress :ohwell: To find it follow the link in my signature.

Speaking of progress, it turns out that we are moving even more than we did in August. I was convinced that there was no way we would move more than 158 miles daily, but surprise, surprise .... we total an incredible 190 miles every day. :bigsmile:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hi, 4 miles over the weekend!
    Went for a walk AND using elliptical. :tongue:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    As of this morning 9/6, I have gone a total of 10 miles..... 9 miles on my stationary bike and 1 mile jog. It's been rainy hear so walks aren't happening lol.... Anywho, I have 40 more to hit my goal.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    2 miles today during a miracle break in the rain! Signature updated :)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Computer problems this weekend... ticker is now updated for the weekend will update later again today when I do my walk
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    4.7 run, .5 walked. Not sure if I'm more drenched from sweat or rain!
  • olivedrab
    olivedrab Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend so I was bad about updating. Just changed my signature to reflect weekend miles:

9/3 = 4 miles
    9/4 = 1 mile
    9/5 = 4 miles

I'm also getting outside today for some kind of exercise, walk, bike, or running, and will update again.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    2 more miles on the treadmill today
  • bennight72
    Options
    Trying again with a little more realistic goal.... lol
  • donitchell
    donitchell Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Did 2.83 miles today walking & running.
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    Did 3.1 miles on the eliptical today and now off to pilates (no miles there!)