Team WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - September forum 1

Options

Replies

• hopebuck
    Options
    WEEK THREE - FOOD CHALLENGE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/12 - Meatless Monday (nothing with a face) -- YEAH!! I did it! (not that it was hard, except i was un prepared b/c I didn't know the challenge before I went to work this morning!

9/13 - No Gluten or dairy
    9/14 - 130 oz water
    9/15 - No processed food of any kind and only foods still in natural state (steak is ok, burger is not unless you ground it yourself)
    9/16 - No processed sugar or flour
    9/17 - Protein with every meal
    9/18- No alcohol

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:

Complete any 7 of the following challenges:

No alcohol - mon
    No fast food - mon
    No refined sugar
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day - mono
    Minimum 2 fruit per day - mon
    Protein at every meal
    No eating 2 hours before sleep - mon
    No gluten
    No dairy
    No eating 2 hours before bed - mon
    7 hours of sleep - mon
    A veggie and fruit only day

9/12 - 3 points!!! wahooo!
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    I did EVERYTHING (all challenges) today except staying under my cals :(

I might change my calorie goal for the moment while I am taking a break from exercise to let my skin heal.
    Otherwise, I will always go over my cals (1200 cals).

What do you all think?
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    Today was tough. Hubby got some bad news from the doctor: Internal Bleeding! :sick:

We don't know why -yet.

I'm not sleeping well and Tom made today's diary look like a hell storm. The good news is that I had to change clothes 3 times today because my clothes were all too big.

I managed to lose 1/2 a pound last week. I don't want any of you thinking for a solitary minute that I'm giving up -cause I'm NOT!!!! I just need to recalibrate -starting today. I'm looking forward to no glucose, extra water and all that.

About the coconut oil, you'd be amazed -some say that monounsaturated fats help you lose inches (among other health benefits). Sad part is, I'm not sure that coconut oil fits the monounsaturated fat profil. I think it's a saturated fat -hummm. Anyway, you should track your inches.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I did EVERYTHING (all challenges) today except staying under my cals :(

I might change my calorie goal for the moment while I am taking a break from exercise to let my skin heal.
    Otherwise, I will always go over my cals (1200 cals).

What do you all think?

yes change the calories limits, and stay in the challenge:flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Options
    Today was tough. Hubby got some bad news from the doctor: Internal Bleeding! :sick:

We don't know why -yet.

I'm not sleeping well and Tom made today's diary look like a hell storm. The good news is that I had to change clothes 3 times today because my clothes were all too big.

I managed to lose 1/2 a pound last week. I don't want any of you thinking for a solitary minute that I'm giving up -cause I'm NOT!!!! I just need to recalibrate -starting today. I'm looking forward to no glucose, extra water and all that.

About the coconut oil, you'd be amazed -some say that monounsaturated fats help you lose inches (among other health benefits). Sad part is, I'm not sure that coconut oil fits the monounsaturated fat profil. I think it's a saturated fat -hummm. Anyway, you should track your inches.

good luck....hoping you all get good news regarding your husband:flowerforyou:
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I hope this isn't considered cheating, but Monday's challenge wasn't posted until after I went to work and had already packed my lunches. I had two servings of fish and nailed everything else for the day, so I gave myself a three. Can we assume that Mondays will always be meatless at this point?
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    I hope this isn't considered cheating, but Monday's challenge wasn't posted until after I went to work and had already packed my lunches. I had two servings of fish and nailed everything else for the day, so I gave myself a three. Can we assume that Mondays will always be meatless at this point?

Maybe you can swap the day with Monday and make today meat free? I think the point is to try each of these daily challenges throughout the week, one challenge per day. If you can do that, that is the same to me and it should not matter which day you did it. However it helps to keep us all doing the same challenges to "cheer" each other on.
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    Upped my cals! PHEW! I feel much better about my diet now, and more relaxed. I won't lose that much weight though...well according to MFP, only 0.5 lbs per week (as opposed to 2 lbs). But i'll try to lose more with 12+ glasses of water and lost of walking, cleaning, and other types of calorie burning (sweat free) activities.

My skin is responding well to the UVB tanning as suggested by the dermatologists. So that is good.

How is everyone doing GLUTEN FREE / DAIRY FREE today?

WE'RE ALMOST HALFWAY THROUGH THIS MONTH!

Anyone notice some long lasting "healthy" habits that will stick with them?

For me, it's the water. I used to not be able to take 8 glasses of water. Now, I'm SUPER thirsty if I don't drink at least 8 glasses.
  • Pam3
    Options
    9/12 Completed Daily, Weekly, and Monthly challenges
    9/13 COM[LETED daily, weekly and monthly challenges
    9/14
    9/15
    9/16
    9/17
    9/18
  • hopebuck
    Options
    STRUGGLING!!!!! that's all...just STRUGGLING! :(
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    I put myself back on the 1200 calorie plan...I can do this...just gotta focus...I can do this.

No more excuses!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    9/5 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/6 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/7 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/8 Completed weekly, and monthly challenges (I dont' think I completed the daily challenge of 100% natural food..I had a larabar and although this is all natural ingredients... I don't consider it all natural food... It's not something you can grow)
    9/9 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/10 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/11 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/12 Completed weekly, and Monthly Challenges... failed daily ..;-(

I was making my salad for my lunch in the morning and in my zombified state forgot it was meatless monday and cut up some smoked turkey breast for my salad (and ate some while doing that), so by the time I remembered it was Meatless Monday I had already eaten meat! (Curses!!)
    and just so I am being held accountable my weekly challenges are:

No Alcohol
    No Fast Food
    No Gluten
    No Dairy
    No Refined Sugar
    Minimum of 4 Veggie servings a day
    A veggie and fruit only day (does this mean no seeds or nuts on this day?) what do you guys think?

These are getting harder... I don't know if I can manage the no eating 2 hours before bed and get my calories in for the day... and 7 hours of sleep seems like a dream... lol
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    These are getting harder... I don't know if I can manage the no eating 2 hours before bed and get my calories in for the day... and 7 hours of sleep seems like a dream... lol

The no eating before bed thing works if you brush your teeth after your last meal. I've heard this over and over from other people (I'm a recovering binge eater)...and honestly, it works. I just brush thoroughly, and floss well, and the clean feeling makes me lose any appetite.

I know it's common sense, but it truly works for me, and I had horrible binge eating patterns that I broke using this trick.

The getting your calories in for the day can be accomplished with nuts. They are packed with good oils and calories. However if you are having trouble staying under, then I would suggest adding more water and volumous foods low in calories (fruits and veg basically) to stay under your cal limit.

As for the hours of sleep, try to take naps. I do that often, and also your body will thank you for sleeping. You LOSE weight by sleeping more. Studies have shown this to be effective in weight loss. The body produces melatonin (hormone) which aids in weight loss (google for more info). This overall good rested feeling will enable you to exercise, and further be mentally alert for your decisions that you have to make regarding food and other health concious decisions.

Good luck to you girl! Take baby steps to achieve all this. Use this week to take these steps. This challenge thing is hard, but I am feeling the differences already in this third week of the month.

You can do it! Good job so far! You're doing well :)
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options

As for the hours of sleep, try to take naps. I do that often, and also your body will thank you for sleeping. You LOSE weight by sleeping more. Studies have shown this to be effective in weight loss. The body produces melatonin (hormone) which aids in weight loss (google for more info). This overall good rested feeling will enable you to exercise, and further be mentally alert for your decisions that you have to make regarding food and other health concious decisions.

Fully agreed onthe sleep thing! The longer you are up, forcing yourself to stay awake often results in consuming more calories at night to keep awake.

Most people don't actually know how tired they are.

LIsa
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    16.25 glasses of water today...whoa...not sure if i can, but i will TRY!!!!!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    9/13 Completed Daily
    9/14 Completed Daily
    9/15
    9/16
    9/17
    9/18

Haven't been within my 100 calorie range for 2 days. Doing fine on water today.
  • Pam3
    Options
    9/13 COM[LETED daily, weekly and monthly challenges
    9/14 daily meet, weekly NOT meet, monthly meet
    9/15
    9/16
    9/17
    9/18
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    9/5 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/6 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/7 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/8 Completed weekly, and monthly challenges (I dont' think I completed the daily challenge of 100% natural food..I had a larabar and although this is all natural ingredients... I don't consider it all natural food... It's not something you can grow)
    9/9 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/10 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/11 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/12 Completed weekly, and Monthly Challenges... failed daily ..;-(
    09/13 Completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges

No Gluten, No Dairy.... No problem!! :-)
  • hopebuck
    Options
    zero points Wednesday :(
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    zero points Wednesday :(

Me too!

-Only 8 glasses of H2O (barely!)
    -Ate Kashi Go Lean Cereal (WHEAT / GLUTEN, plus it has CHICORY ROOT <----gives you tons of GAS! Don't buy this cereal!!!!)
    -Went over cals by over 300 (but still less than my maintainence calorie requirement)

I'm just starting to give up :(

I need more motivation despite this skin issue/setback.

I feel like my inability to exercise is what's keeping me from pushing through....sigh...

Tomorrow my WOMR friends...Tomorrow I will be better!