Caveman diet!?!?!?!?! Anyone try this?

Options
Has anyone tried this type of diet. So Yes, This awesomely tanned man is seriously considering going with this caveman diet for a week or 2 to try it out. I have a co-worker who was telling me about it and I must admit I am intrigued.............

Has anyone tried this yet?

Shake & bake

Replies

• adamsonam
    Options
    Never heard of it. What's it entail?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Guess what? You're not a Caveman anymore. Your body has evolved, Your diet should too.
    I don't believe in it.
  • Leanne1795
    Options
    Isn't this Paleo? I've heard really good things about it.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's called the Paleo Diet

see

http://thepaleodiet.com/

A co-worker swears by it...she lost 10 lbs without even trying although she seems to have stablized now. She loves the way she feels while eating the recommended foods.

dk
  • Leanne1795
    Options
    Guess what? You're not a Caveman anymore. Your body has evolved, Your diet should too.
    I don't believe in it.

Oh Lord.... If our bodies had evolved that much then we wouldn't be gaining weight like crazy on modern foods would we?
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

Oh Lord.... If our bodies had evolved that much then we wouldn't be gaining weight like crazy on modern foods would we?

Completely agree!!! We havent evolved... the food has. Lol.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Like eating dirt? FINALLY I can put my appendix to use!!!
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lol, does anyone else appreciate how badly Chris LaLanne is cropped/photoshopped in his bio pic?

http://thepaleodiet.com/about/
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

So… you don’t think it exists?

To the OP, I follow a paleo lifestyle and love it. The massive amount of grains that we are told we “need” causes more problems than people realize. About 65% of my calories come from meat, the rest from vegetables, and some fruit, nuts and oils (olive and coconut). I have more energy, stay full longer, and get plenty of fiber and calcium (which are generally arguments against this type of lifestyle)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

Totally agree!!!! we have only eaten like crap for the past 100 years!!! Microwavable food and all the junk has only been around decades!
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just finished a 30 day Paleo challenge and LOVED IT. I lost 11 lbs and feel fantastic. My sleep has improved greatly, despite two wee ones who like to wake me up at night and I no longer get the mid afternoon slumps. I eat loads of veggies, some fruit and meat. It's great. The challenge ended yesterday but I am not going back to eating grains, legumes or soy. I have decided to lighten up a bit from the challenge and have wine and dark chocolate, as well as some dairy when necessary (ie when it is in curries and stuff)
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    never heard ot if, so, i googled it, and these actually sound really good....

Spicy Pecans
    4 tsp cinnamon
    1-1/2 tsp ginger
    3/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp ground cloves
    1/2 tsp ground cayenne
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup raw honey
    5 cups pecan halves (or walnuts)

In small bowl, combine cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and cayenne. In
    large bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy; add honey, whisk again just
    until egg whites and honey are combined. Add nuts a cup at a time in the
    egg and honey mixture. Remove and toss in the spices. Repeat again until
    all the nuts have been coated.

Spread on 2 lightly greased baking sheets; bake at 250 for one hour,
    rotating sheets halfway through baking, or until coating is crisp and nuts
    are fragrant. Let cool.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    This part of your post is relevant.
    I don't believe in it.

And this part....
    ...is just you being a d-bag.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

To the OP, I follow a paleo lifestyle and love it. The massive amount of grains that we are told we “need” causes more problems than people realize. About 65% of my calories come from meat, the rest from vegetables, and some fruit, nuts and oils (olive and coconut). I have more energy, stay full longer, and get plenty of fiber and calcium (which are generally arguments against this type of lifestyle)

Thanks for the awesome answer man! so this diet is really open to meats?
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

Thanks for the awesome answer man! so this diet is really open to meats?
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Love it, feel better than I have in years. It's very healthy, people that don't know make the effort to research nutrition on their own are always the people who challenge it. Grains have very little nutritional value, and you can get everything you need from veggies/meats/fruit/nuts - usually with much lower calories and tons of other added nutrients. The USDA wants us to eat them because, guess what... most of our country is covered in GMO grains that are super easy to grow. GRAINS SUCK!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Beer isn't Paleo or caveman friendly. I'm out on priciple.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Mastadon is really hard to find this time of year.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    sometimes i go out and club animals, then drag them home and cook them over a fire and make clothes out of their fur. but i've always considered this more of a sport/hobby than a diet.
  • linsben
    linsben Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome! there are many of us here. Its called caveman, primal or paleo. They differentiate only slightly on their takes of a low carb high fat diet. There are also a lot of haters on here who like to tell us we're crazy for cuting out complex carbohydrates from grains. Because they are so ESSENTIAL. ya right

This is what i like the best
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/

He has a thirty day challenge that you should read about. All the info you might need is there on his site. and his book the Primal blueprint is aweseom but you dont need to buy it. Its basically the in depth science behind the lifestyle.
    You might get hooked. Have you hear of crossfit. Lots of primal ppl work out with CF and thats what im looking at next.

Grok on!