Caveman diet!?!?!?!?! Anyone try this?

Options

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

hmm your sig says zombies don't eat cupcakes, You say you don't eat cupcakes. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm YOU ARE A ZOMBIE

I eat gluten free cupcakes, no reason to name call...it's offensive.

but i am quite fond of zombies... ( and cupcakes)

fond of zombies as a meal or as a friend? And I'll share my GF cupcakes...but don't get grabby...

i keep on in the shed, we play video games together.

oh wait..

no..

that was just that movie is saw .

I was going to get excited, that sounded kinky, and fun. :wink:
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I just finished a 30 day Paleo challenge and LOVED IT. I lost 11 lbs and feel fantastic. My sleep has improved greatly, despite two wee ones who like to wake me up at night and I no longer get the mid afternoon slumps. I eat loads of veggies, some fruit and meat. It's great. The challenge ended yesterday but I am not going back to eating grains, legumes or soy. I have decided to lighten up a bit from the challenge and have wine and dark chocolate, as well as some dairy when necessary (ie when it is in curries and stuff)

hmm. not on paleo, but have cut back on carbs, no bread rice, or pasta in a week and only occasional hints of sugar and i have been sleeping like baby!!! never linked the two until u posted this!
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I did it, and having a job where I sit at my desk for 8 hours a day I have not gained weight in a few years... but... I also have not LOST any after the first month or so. But, if you combine it with an exercise program I bet it would work great. I just happen to be doing P90X at the moment and if you do not do the fitness, diet and supplements there is not garuntee it will work... but, it very closely resembles the caveman diet.

Pretty much other than fiber, carbs suck and are useless. In my opinion. I have added a high fiber english muffin to my diet every other day.

So, OP... I will be a good case of what happens when you leave the diet after several months (Years really...) and start working in high fiber carbs....
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

besj03.gif

um, hey. You're a, a Dr. Who fan? My name is ilookthetype, its nice to meet you. :wink:

reported for un-American Scifi
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE PEOPLE Lets realax here.........It is TRUE it is not the bad food nowadays that makes us unhealthy...........but the lack of discipline and exercise.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT Modern food is worse for you than caveman food....just sayin.

I am Putting away my microwave into the basement this weekend! then ima just grill the remainder of summer and chill!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

I ate gluten for years and was just sick all the time. Don't you tell me what to eat or how to run my life! Next you'll be telling me the HCG diet is bad for me and I should eat my exercise calories!

no no no the HCG diet is GOOD for you, but even better if you pair it with crack.

Do I look like I do crack?!

I didn't want to tell you, but.... since you asked.... little bit, yea
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Better question is this.................................Ok so what kinda alcoholic beverages did Cavemen consume??? :devil:
  • ilookthetype
    Options

I ate gluten for years and was just sick all the time. Don't you tell me what to eat or how to run my life! Next you'll be telling me the HCG diet is bad for me and I should eat my exercise calories!

no no no the HCG diet is GOOD for you, but even better if you pair it with crack.

Ah crap. At least I don't have meth mouth...I don't, do I?
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Well im definetly out... I hate red meat... Ugh!

I hate red meat too, I like it brown and cooked thoroughly, preferably in the form of a steak
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    According to Wiki page, it call Paleolithic diet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet)

"The modern dietary regimen known as the Paleolithic diet (abbreviated paleo diet or paleodiet), also popularly referred to as the caveman diet, Stone Age diet and hunter-gatherer diet, is a nutritional plan based on the presumed ancient diet of wild plants and animals that various human species habitually consumed during the Paleolithic era—a period of about 2.5 million years duration that ended around 10,000 years ago with the development of agriculture. In common usage, such terms as the "Paleolithic diet" also refer to the actual ancestral human diet. Centered on commonly available modern foods, the "contemporary" Paleolithic diet consists mainly of grass-fed pasture raised meats, fish, vegetables, fruit, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, salt, refined sugar, and processed oils."

This does not sounds bad at all ===> "Paleolithic diet consists mainly of grass-fed pasture raised meats, fish, vegetables, fruit, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, salt, refined sugar, and processed oils."

To me, it's sounds like eating whole food, natural food, and stay away from process food.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

No. You have all of your teeth.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Better question is this.................................Ok so what kinda alcoholic beverages did Cavemen consume??? :devil:

Well, I doubt they took time out of their day to stomp grapes. Beer and most liquor is made from grains *gasp* So ... what's left?
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

I'm on your side. I think it's more or less the word "DIET" making people think it's just another one for marketing, which there are so many fad diet out there.

If people read exactly what the "diet" is about, and stop thinking it's another diet but focusing on what this is about, they might have different opinion on it.
  • ilookthetype
    Options

No. You have all of your teeth.

It would be way harder to eat the mastodons without my teeth...
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

I'm on your side. I think it's more or less the word "DIET" making people think it's just another one for marketing, which there are so many fad diet out there.

If people read exactly what the "diet" is about, and stop thinking it's another diet but focusing on what this is about, they might have different opinion on it.

Hummmmmmm very deep toughts......I like it!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

Well, I doubt they took time out of their day to stomp grapes. Beer and most liquor is made from grains *gasp* So ... what's left?

Cant we just let some fruits and stuff rot alittle bit and ferment!?!?!?!?! Kinda like the jailbirds do??? :devil:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Cant we just let some fruits and stuff rot alittle bit and ferment!?!?!?!?! Kinda like the jailbirds do??? :devil:

Cavemen didn't have bathrooms to make their toilet wine in.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

I haven't read the whole book, only parts of it, but in Primal Blueprint Sisson says if you're going to drink Tequila is where it's at and to that I say "hell yeah!" If you don't like tequila wine is okay too. Personally I try to eat primal 60% of the time (moving towards 80%) but I drink vodka & soda and wine :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

first off if most people actually looked at what the word diet really meant ,
    Noun: The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

I haven't read the whole book, only parts of it, but in Primal Blueprint Sisson says if you're going to drink Tequila is where it's at and to that I say "hell yeah!" If you don't like tequila wine is okay too. Personally I try to eat primal 60% of the time (moving towards 80%) but I drink vodka & soda and wine :)

Holy awesomeness!!!!!!! what you just wrote above is The best thing I read all day!!!!!.........................so umm are you into awesomely tanned men? Big ones like me???? :bigsmile: