Biggest Loser Challenge #2 Beginning 9/2/2011 (Closed Group)

Options
Here is the new link. There must be a limit of 20 pages.

The Challenge will begin July 8, 2011 and will go until October 8, 2011. There will be 2 parts to our challenge. Weight loss that will be calculated by using a formula that will take in consideration your weight loss %, BMI and fat %. The 2nd part is your work out/exercise time.

On July 8, 2011 give your starting weight, waist measurement, neck measurement, hip measurement, forearm measurement and bust measurement.

Then each following Friday give your updated weight, measurements and exercise totals for the week. The formula takes in account inches loss, muscle gain, BMI reduction and weight loss. Which is not goood but great because sometimes we don't loss weight but inches and I know that you get discourage because I do. I've had to keep telling myself that getting healthly doesn't just mean losing the pounds but it is also being able to workout an hour without feeling like I'm going to die and losing the inchs. I keep telling myself that it all has to come together and seeing the results on paper-helps to bring everyting to reality.

I will chart everyones progress and post the biggest loser for each week. Then at the end of the 3 months I will post the overall Biggest Loser. I know that we can do this and be there for each other. Yes, I'm challenging all of MFP to make me accountable for my actions. Lets do this....

Watch for team & individual challenges.

Replies

• tsumpter
    Options
    This upcoming week team challenge will be to keep under your target calories and to drink 64 oz. of water a day. Good luck & make this last day count.

Individual Challenge: need to set a goal for yourself.

Make sure that you check the results. There will be some changes again this week.

Good Luck
  • twotfluty
    Options
    Good morning losers!

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 195.0
    Waist 34.75 on 09/02/11
    Hips 44.0 on 09/02/11
    Arms 10.0 on 09/02/11
    Thighs 27.75 on 09/02/11
    Bust 34.5 on 09/02/11

I met my teams challenges this week!

My individual goal this week is to maintain my workout schedule of 7 days a week (which I am starting week 2 of today) even when I am away this weekend and with starting my first week back to work (I am a teacher).
  • twotfluty
    Options
    Oh, and my exercise minutes are 415!
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    This upcoming week team challenge will be to keep under your target calories and to drink 64 oz. of water a day. Good luck & make this last day count.

Individual Challenge: need to set a goal for yourself.

Make sure that you check the results. There will be some changes again this week.

Good Luck

I like this weekly challenge : )
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Weekly Stats:)

Weight - 175.4
    Waist - 34
    Hips - 39.5
    Other measurements unchanged..

Exercise minutes - 301

I met both the individual and team challenge..:)
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    My personal goal is to work out 5/7 days this week. With school &all my studying, the kids, my dad in the hospital, a wedding, and labor day i know this will be hard. The reason I want to make this goal is because i know it will relieve stress from all of the above activities and keep me still focused on my weighloss.
  • tsumpter
    Options
    My personal goal is to work out 5/7 days this week. With school &all my studying, the kids, my dad in the hospital, a wedding, and labor day i know this will be hard. The reason I want to make this goal is because i know it will relieve stress from all of the above activities and keep me still focused on my weighloss.

Great Challenge
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    how did my sexy sizzlers do without me? xxx
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    Workout minutes: 432
    Height 5'0"
    Weight - 127.4 - gained almost a pound?
    Waist - 34
    Hips - 37
    Wrist - 6
    Forearm - 8

Sunday: Exercise as I usually don't on Sunday (completed)
    Monday: Exercise at the gym twice (completed - was a great day)
    Tuesday: Eat enough protein (completed - actually went over)
    Wednesday: Do a stretch workout after my regular workout (completed)
    Thursday: Match Krevelle on those 200 situps (completed - mixed crunches w/obliques, etc)

I also completed the challenge of an extra workout - I did a stretch workout on Tuesday.

AND - not sure if there was a water challenge - if so, I WAY over-completed that :)
  • krevelle65
    Options
    Biggest loser challenge 
    July 8 2011 - Oct 8, 2011
    Sept 2, 2011
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 251.8
    Waist: 39.25
    Hips: 55
    Wrist: 6
    Forearm: 10.0

workout/exercise  476 minutes
    Walking, challenges from August challenge group 

Challenge  met 

This sucks! The scale hasn't really moved in over a month.
  • gsterlingdiva02
    Options
    Thank you Tina!

Enjoy your weekend...
  • tsumpter
    Options
    LOL check the water off
    Workout minutes: 432
    Height 5'0"
    Weight - 127.4 - gained almost a pound?
    Waist - 34
    Hips - 37
    Wrist - 6
    Forearm - 8

Sunday: Exercise as I usually don't on Sunday (completed)
    Monday: Exercise at the gym twice (completed - was a great day)
    Tuesday: Eat enough protein (completed - actually went over)
    Wednesday: Do a stretch workout after my regular workout (completed)
    Thursday: Match Krevelle on those 200 situps (completed - mixed crunches w/obliques, etc)

I also completed the challenge of an extra workout - I did a stretch workout on Tuesday.

AND - not sure if there was a water challenge - if so, I WAY over-completed that :)
  • tsumpter
    Options
    I'm missing several check in...please post your information asap.

Thanks,
    Tina
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Mini Challenge for this upcoming week is to do the bear walk for 3 minutes. It sounds real easy but it works alot more muscle groups than you think. No rest for the 3 minutes you have to keep moving. If everyone in the team completes the mini challenge your team will receive an extra point. This is in addtional to the team challenge & the individual challeng.

The team challenge & individual challenge is posted above & will be posted with the results.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I guess I posted on the wrong thread; here's my stats. Sorry!

Ugh - TOM up a pound. :sad:

Weight - 164.5
    Height - 5"4"
    Waist - 35
    Hips - 43
    Wrist - 6
    Forearm - 10
    exercise - 215 (was not a good week for exercising - hate TOM)

I did meet our team and individuals goals! :bigsmile:
  • JudyMama
    JudyMama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What's the bear walk?
  • JudyMama
    JudyMama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There's an extra adult in the house this week so I am going to do 4 extra 40-minute workouts in addition to a daily workout. I am posting this so I will stick to it.
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My weight is 168lbs my measurements are unchanged.

I didn't get any exercise in as I am stil recovering from surgery.

I did not complete the challenge but am confident I can this week.

Good work everyonE!
  • FatBoyTriathlete
    FatBoyTriathlete Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sadl no change for me, I'm suffering with man flu too so only 120 minutes of exercise <sniff>
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge for this upcoming week is to do the bear walk for 3 minutes. It sounds real easy but it works alot more muscle groups than you think. No rest for the 3 minutes you have to keep moving. If everyone in the team completes the mini challenge your team will receive an extra point. This is in addtional to the team challenge & the individual challeng.

The team challenge & individual challenge is posted above & will be posted with the results.

Do we do the bear walk daily, once during the week??? I want to make sure I meet this one..:)