Biggest Loser Challenge #2 Beginning 9/2/2011 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• rosem1124
    Options
    Team Triump
    workout minutes: 237
    Height: 5 ft 4inches
    Weight: 271 gained 1.1 UGH
    Waist: 49
    Hips: 551/4 lost inches smaller yay :-)
    wrist: same
    arm:same

Team Challenge meet-stay under target calories & drank 64 oz or more each day
    Individual Challenge: meet no added salt
    Mini Challenge meet 3 Minute Bear Walk
    Tuesday Challenge Not meet 25 (modified) Burpee's
    Thursday Challenge is an exercise/workout that is out of your comfort zone-something that you haven't done or normally wouldn't do: meet worked on resistance ball
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 196
    Hips: 44
    Thighs: 27.25
    Forearm: 10.25
    Wrist: 6.5
    Bust: 34.5
    Waist: 34.5

Exercise Minutes: 343

I did meet the water challenge and I *almost* met the calorie challenge. I went over twice. Once of which was only 18 calories over.

I did not do the extra challenges, but I did meet my own of bringing all my equipment (weights, stability ball, mat) to vacation and maintained my workout schedule while going away.

Great job...I know how hard it is to workout on vacation...you still deserve 2 thumbs up
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

I am struggling with whether or not to re commit to the half marathon I was planning on running. My surgeon has given me the ok, but my conditioning has clearly taken a hit with o exercise for nearly three weeks. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I ended up with a hemotoma which more than likely came from exercising too much 1 month after surgury. 4 months of soreness/pain ensued:grumble: . Just mho, but do not push it. There will be other half marathons out there for you if this is not to be:flowerforyou:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Weight: 182.6
    Height: 5ft (yes Im a short *kitten* hehe)
    Waist: 36.5
    Hip: 41.5
    Forearm: 10.75
    Wrist: 6.75
    Bust: 44.5
    Thighs: 25
    Exercise (mins): 185 mins

Sorry to my team, ben on holiday just back last night!! Kick started again 2day though so hope to see thoose inches drop back down. xxx
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Wow, some very impressive workout/exercise minutes. You all have to be feeling really good about yourself.

I'm so proud of you guys for steeping it up Awesome job.

Tina
  • tsumpter
    Options
    This Upcoming Week Challenges:
    (if everyone in your team completes the challenge for that day your team will receive an additional point):

Friday: Rest Day
    Saturday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & Bear Walk
    Sunday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz of water & add 30 mins. Extra to your workout/exercise1 min.
    Monday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & 2 sets of 15 Burpees
    Tuesday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & 2 sets of 15 Wood Chops
    Wednesday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & 100 Jumping Jacks
    Thursday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & 2 sets of 15 crunches

Good Luck
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    workout minutes:
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 175.6
    Waist: 34
    Hips: 39.5
    wrist: 6
    arm: L9.5 R10
    Exercise Minutes - 196

Team Challenge-stay under target calories & drank 64 oz or more each day - MET
    Individual Challenge: To complete 4 mile run without walking - MET
    Mini Challenge 3 Minute Bear Walk - MET
    Tuesday Challenge 25 (modified) Burpee's - MET
    Thursday Challenge: - MET.....Ran 3.5 miles without watching pace at all. I am very focused on time.. I need to listen to my body so I just ran.. Sounds small, but BIG for me..:)
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Thought for the Day: Your tummy isn't a trash can.:smile:

Tina
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I need to make a correction to my weight. Should be 174.4.

Thanks!
  • tsumpter
    Options
    I need to make a correction to my weight. Should be 174.4.

Thanks!

Got it & made the correction. Working on the results. Will be posting real soon.:smile:
  • tsumpter
    Options
    September 9, 2011

Biggest Loser: butters#1--9.93% :happy:
    Biggest Loser Team: Triumph--93.4 total pts./7.18% (awesome job)
    (kicked Team Conquers butt on the challenges & exercise minutes):sad:

Challenges:
    (if everyone in your team completes the challenge for that day your team will receive an additional point):

Friday: Rest Day
    Saturday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & Bear Walk
    Sunday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz of water & add 30 mins. Extra to your workout/exercise1 min.
    Monday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & 2 sets of 15 Burpees
    Tuesday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & 2 sets of 15 Wood Chops
    Wednesday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & 100 Jumping Jacks
    Thursday: Not to go over target calories, drink at least 64 oz. of water & 2 sets of 15 crunches

NOTE: NEITHER TEAM EARN ANY POINTS FOR EVERYONE COMPLETING THE CHALLENGES!!! :cry:

ALL TEAMMATES IN TEAM TRIUMPH CHECKED IN-CONGRATS :wink:

NOTE: Team Conquer lost 2 team mates :sad: Therefore, this team will be short 2 team mates. At next weeks check in 2 (will be selected randomly) of Team Triumph overall results will not count in the teams overall results but they still may be eliminated.
  • tsumpter
    Options
    NOTE: Team Conquer lost 2 team mates :cry: Therefore, this team will be short 2 team mates. At next weeks check in 2 (will be selected randomly) of Team Triumph overall results will not count in the teams overall results but they still may be eliminated.

Team Triumph

Total POINTS: 93.4 Total %: 7.18

Team Captain: tlrunyon

#1. tlrunyon--7.73%
    #2. deebauer145--7.54%
    #3. spabby86--8.12%
    #4. thegroovychick--5.17%
    #5. bhurley1424--6.91%
    #6. jjbranc--9.24%
    #7. Monica_has_a_goal--8.33%
    #8. Wwhite94--4.47%
    #9. JudyMama--5.00%
    #10. Ihavenowaist--7.30%
    #11. butters#1--9.93%
    #12. rosem124--7.26%
    #13. ardeornellis--6.13%

4 Team mates completed every challenge
    9 Team mates completed the individual challenge and received the extra point

Team Conquer

Total POINTS: 64.39 Total %: 4.99

Team Captain: tsumpter

#1. tsumpter--8.71%
    #2. krevelle65--7.69%
    #3. xxx_pink princess_xxx--4.67%
    #4. amorgan101187--3.75%
    #5. workingmumof4--8.71%
    #6. swordsmith--7.35%
    #7. gsterlingdiva02--3.20%
    #8. CharlotteintheUS--7.5%
    #9. hershie123--4.49%
    #10. FatBoyTriathlete--0% ELIMINATED FROM THE CHALLENGE
    #11. Merrinoel--0% ELIMINATED FROM THE CHALLENGE
    #12. Amberlin--1.00%
    #13. twotfluty--7.74%

3 Team mates completed all of the challenges
    6 Team mates completed the individual challenge & received the extra point

LET’S GO TEAM TRIUMPH & TEAM CONQUER
  • twotfluty
    Options
    Hi! First THANK YOU for posting the challenges ahead of time-it makes it much easier for me to plan ahead. I looked up woodchops on youtube as I've never heard of them. Are we doing the horizontal ones, or the diagonal for the obliques?

Thanks!
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Hi! First THANK YOU for posting the challenges ahead of time-it makes it much easier for me to plan ahead. I looked up woodchops on youtube as I've never heard of them. Are we doing the horizontal ones, or the diagonal for the obliques?

Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't realize that there was 2 version. The horizontal ones. I'm hoping that this will help those not to miss them. Good luck.
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Guys, I always forget something. I forgot to post this: Next week everyones weight loss % (overall) will be included in their overall result for the week.

Tina
  • Merrinoel
    Merrinoel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good morning- Here is a template that you can use to make sure that you get everything since there were more challenges this week:

workout minutes:
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 178
    Waist: 33
    Hips: 42
    wrist: same 6.25"
    arm:same 9.8"

Team Challenge-- did meet water; did not meet under calories
    Individual Challenge:
    Mini Challenge Not met
    Tuesday Challenge Not met
    Thursday Challenge : met---mixed up swimming in morning and later in day biking.

Dh and I went on anniversary trip, eating out for 4 days, and driving in mountains for 4 days--- dont recommend for weight loss although we had a great time. :-/

And this week we'll be gone on another road trip of 4 days ( for business, and wine tasting is in the plans, but I am determined to eat well and be moderate in wine!). The hardest part of travelling is getting in good workouts, so im doing a good one the morning we leave, and in the evening when i get back, and hopefully a good amount of walking when im there....
  • Merrinoel
    Options
    Oops--- and workout minutes: 303
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sorta of confused here. Havent been able to get on computer for a while but im back. What is team triumphs challenge this week.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    NOTE: Team Conquer lost 2 team mates :cry: Therefore, this team will be short 2 team mates. At next weeks check in 2 (will be selected randomly) of Team Triumph overall results will not count in the teams overall results but they still may be eliminated.

Team Triumph

Total POINTS: 93.4 Total %: 7.18

Team Captain: tlrunyon

#1. tlrunyon--7.73%
    #2. deebauer145--7.54%
    #3. spabby86--8.12%
    #4. thegroovychick--5.17%
    #5. bhurley1424--6.91%
    #6. jjbranc--9.24%
    #7. Monica_has_a_goal--8.33%
    #8. Wwhite94--4.47%
    #9. JudyMama--5.00%
    #10. Ihavenowaist--7.30%
    #11. butters#1--9.93%
    #12. rosem124--7.26%
    #13. ardeornellis--6.13%

4 Team mates completed every challenge
    9 Team mates completed the individual challenge and received the extra point

Team Conquer

Total POINTS: 64.39 Total %: 4.99

Team Captain: tsumpter

#1. tsumpter--8.71%
    #2. krevelle65--7.69%
    #3. xxx_pink princess_xxx--4.67%
    #4. amorgan101187--3.75%
    #5. workingmumof4--8.71%
    #6. swordsmith--7.35%
    #7. gsterlingdiva02--3.20%
    #8. CharlotteintheUS--7.5%
    #9. hershie123--4.49%
    #10. FatBoyTriathlete--0% ELIMINATED FROM THE CHALLENGE
    #11. Merrinoel--0% ELIMINATED FROM THE CHALLENGE
    #12. Amberlin--1.00%
    #13. twotfluty--7.74%

3 Team mates completed all of the challenges
    6 Team mates completed the individual challenge & received the extra point

LET’S GO TEAM TRIUMPH & TEAM CONQUER

CONGRATS BUTTER!! :)

Let's tear it up Team Triumph!! Woo hoo!
  • Merrinoel
    Options
    Oh no! :ohwell:

Did I get eliminated because I checked in too late? (it was 8 a.m. Sat. my time). Or cuz I didn't do well? Just curious----I understand. You gotta have rules and stick with 'em! :smile:

Anyway, great job everyone! I want to continue to follow to see who is the biggest loser! Go everyone!!

<<sits up in seat and munches celery>>

P.S. Amberlin, I think you should do the race anyway. It's okay if you don't do your best, and even walk parts. But it's one more experience under your belt of racing, and you will have the sense of accomplishment. (I did a marathon many years ago, and found that all the races leading up to it were all important to my success for different reasons) Good luck!