Biggest Loser Challenge #2 Beginning 9/2/2011 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Alright we all have been working so hard towards our goal of healthly living. Today while working out I stopped & had to remind myself why I started this journey. It pushed me to the end of my workout. So, I think that it will be inspirational to eveyone if we know why we all are here. Please post your inspiration.

I am on this healthy journey because I want to be a role model for my two children.

I'm here so that I can live a LONG and HEALTHY LIFE - I've lost a Grandmother and 2 aunts to diabetes and want do that to my only son and husband...I will FIGHT to LIVE a GOOD LIFE
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Thursday Challenge: is to do an exercise/workout that you haven't done before-step out of your comfort zone. If your whole team does this challenge then your team will receive an extra point.
  • spgabby86
    Options
    SO I DID 3 MINS OF BEAR CRAWLS...man that was HARD...I thought I'd get through that with a breeze...how bout I wanted to QUIT! Well I made it...so now that mini BLC is DONE OVER and I hope to not do that 1 again!
  • tsumpter
    Options
    SO I DID 3 MINS OF BEAR CRAWLS...man that was HARD...I thought I'd get through that with a breeze...how bout I wanted to QUIT! Well I made it...so now that mini BLC is DONE OVER and I hope to not do that 1 again!

Love the pic! It is alot harder than you would think. I hate doing 5 mins. It literally kills me. Good luck & glad that you gave it a try. Think about those muscles that you challenged with the bear walk.
  • tsumpter
    Options
    The big day is soon here. Is everyone ready for tomorrows check in. The bigger question is are you ready for next week. I have a big week in stored for everyone. I will be challenging everyone to the core. Let's go big. We aren't weak and there isn't a challenge that we can't conquer.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I have some extra time today, so i thought i would catchup/check-in a bit early.............(except weight):smile:

weight: will post in am
    measurements: no change this week
    goal: to be healthy. i got medically kicked around in late 2010/early 2011 and am grateful it looks like i get a 2nd chance.

team challenges:

calories - missed on one day - 9/4 - and by just a bit:sad:
    water - no
    bearwalk - yes.
    burpees - no.
    new workout - yes, i think so (?). I was thinking about hitting some of the weight machines i haven't tried yet but the gym lost power today and suddenly the weight machines became too popular. So instead I ventured to the gyms 3rd floor to try out the indoor jogging track. I have not done that before as it generally seems to be an area for the super fit to marathon, warm-up or cool down. i ended up doing 2 miles of jog/walk intervals and it wasn't as bad as i thought. :happy:

sorry i couldn't help more team triumph!

fitness: i blew this out of the water. best for me by far in a a long long time......
    exercise minutes: 1,024.
    individual challenge exceeded: calories burned was over 500 every single day. Total 5457 (range 527-1128/day).

i plan on continuing this rate as long as i can still walk:bigsmile:
  • tsumpter
    Options
    I have some extra time today, so i thought i would catchup/check-in a bit early.............(except weight):smile:

goal: to be healthy. i got medically kicked around in late 2010/early 2011 and am grateful it looks like i get a 2nd chance.

team challenges:

water - no
    bearwalk - yes.
    burpees - no.
    new workout - yes, i think so (?). I was thinking about hitting some of the weight machines i haven't tried yet but the gym lost power today and suddenly the weight machines became too popular. So instead I ventured to the gyms 3rd floor to try out the indoor jogging track. I have not done that before as it generally seems to be an area for the super fit to marathon, warm-up or cool down. i ended up doing 2 miles of jog/walk intervals and it wasn't as bad as i thought. :happy:

fitness: i blew this out of the water. best for me by far in a a long long time......
    individual challenge exceeded: calories burned was over 500 every single day. Total 5457 (range 527-1128/day).

wow, look @ those calories burned that alone you are a winner. GREAT JOB
  • spgabby86
    Options

team challenges:

water - no
    bearwalk - yes.
    burpees - no.

wow, look @ those calories burned that alone you are a winner. GREAT JOB

WOW is RIGHT...GREAT GREAT GREAT JOB...
  • spgabby86
    Options
    Thursday Challenge: is to do an exercise/workout that you haven't done before-step out of your comfort zone. If your whole team does this challenge then your team will receive an extra point.

Thursday's challenge DONE...Well despite the fact I was not suppose to exercise today after giving blood, I did our Thurs Challenge and did a 20 Min Cardio Yoga (never done Yoga before) and a 10 min Standing Ab workout...don't think I over did it...Now going to BED!
  • twotfluty
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 196
    Hips: 44
    Thighs: 27.25
    Forearm: 10.25
    Wrist: 6.5
    Bust: 34.5
    Waist: 34.5

Exercise Minutes: 343

I did meet the water challenge and I *almost* met the calorie challenge. I went over twice. Once of which was only 18 calories over.

I did not do the extra challenges, but I did meet my own of bringing all my equipment (weights, stability ball, mat) to vacation and maintained my workout schedule while going away.
  • krevelle65
    Options
    Biggest loser challenge 
    July 8 2011 - Oct 8, 2011
    Sept 9, 2011
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 249.8
    Waist: 39.0
    Hips: 55
    Wrist: 6
    Forearm: 10.0

workout/exercise  294 minutes
    Challenge  met
    Cals under
    Water over
    Bear walk done 
    Tuesday burpee done
    New exercise was Wednesday at gym used some cross trainer thing that is a cross between a stair climber, an elliptical and a gazelle, could only stay on it for 5 minutes. Then went to treadmill. 

Joined gym Monday, met trainer Tuesday( less then impressed) worked out Wednesday. Co-workers go M-W-F 
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    thanks guys - now to keep the level of exercise up....:wink:

weigh-in 200.0. only a pound less than last week but it does put me back where i started this group.
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    Workout minutes: 350
    Height 5'0"
    Weight - 128.4 - gained a pound? What is up with this??????
    Waist - 34
    Hips - 37
    Wrist - 6
    Forearm - 8

Did 3 min. bearwalk challenge.
    Stayed w/in my calories and drank all that water :)
    Completed the burpees, however did modify those as I had alot in another challenge.
    Individual challenge was to make sure I did every single w/o I needed to do for the challenges - completed!
    I did not complete the Thursday challenge of doing something out of my comfort zone - terrible headache. (sorry team)
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    For 9/9:

Weight - 161:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Height - 5"4"
    Waist - 35
    Hips - 42
    Wrist - 6
    Forearm - 10
    Minutes - 261 :frown:

Not too bad I guess - still not happy with my exercise minutes!
  • tsumpter
    Options
    workout minutes: 563
    Height: 5'3'
    Weight: 175.2 (lost 1 lb)
    Waist: 35
    Hips:45
    wrist:same
    arm:same

Completed Team Challenge-stayed under target calories & drank 64 oz or more each day
    Completed Individual Challenge of resisting sugar
    Completed Mini Challenge 3 Minute Bear Walk
    Completed Tuesday Challenge 25 (modified) Burpee's
    Completed Thursday Challenge did the adominal board (10) & ball exercise (2 sets of 15) (on the floor where people can see me)
  • jjbranc
    Options
    9/9/2011

ht-5'5"
    wt.-138.2 lbs
    measurements unchanged
    exercise minutes-887
    I was able to meet all challenges
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Good morning- Here is a template that you can use to make sure that you get everything since there were more challenges this week:

workout minutes:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    wrist:

Team Challenge-stay under target calories & drank 64 oz or more each day
    Individual Challenge:
    Mini Challenge 3 Minute Bear Walk
    Tuesday Challenge 25 (modified) Burpee's
    Thursday Challenge is an exercise/workout that is out of your comfort zone-something that you haven't done or normally wouldn't do:
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Thought for the Day: Bigger the snacks the bigger the slacks!
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    workout minutes: I am hoping to go for a walk this weekend, even a run by Sunday...still a little scared but need to jump back in the saddle if I'm doing the half marathon next month!!

Height: 5'5
    Weight: 168
    Waist: same
    Hips: same
    wrist: same
    Team Challenge-stay under target calories & drank 64 oz or more each day COMPLETE
    Mini Challenge 3 Minute Bear Walk NOT COMPLETE
    Tuesday Challenge 25 (modified) Burpee's NOT COMPLETE
    Thursday Challenge NOT COMPLETE

I am struggling with whether or not to re commit to the half marathon I was planning on running. My surgeon has given me the ok, but my conditioning has clearly taken a hit with o exercise for nearly three weeks. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
  • spgabby86
    Options
    LET'S GO TEAM TRIUMP! I hope EVERYONE had a terrific week...I know I had a HARD one...but I know its necessary to get Fit and Healthy...

Total Workout mins 406 - total calories 3626
    SW - 157.6
    CW - 156.0 (down from 157 last week)
    HEIGHT - 5' 0
    WAIST - 34.5
    HIPS - 42.5
    RIGHT WRIST 6 & LEFT WRIST 6
    FOREARM (R) 9.5 & LEFT 9.5
    NECK 13.0

Completed Water challenge of at least 64 oz of water a day, stayed under my calories DONE
    Mini Challenge 3 min Bear Crawls did 4 mins,
    Tues challenge 25 Burpees done,
    Thurs Challenge a new exercise (20 min Cardio Yago & 10 min Standing Ab workout) DONE

My personal goal to stay under my sodium for at least 4 days - DONE!