Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    270 calories burned today! Didn't realize housework was on there! Man I workout more than I thought LOL! But I did do Wii Fit Yoga and strength training today!

I have a confession - not much housework is happening where I live at the moment, lol! But it does help the motivation when you know you can log it as a burn. Note to self: must do some cleaning at the weekend.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Okay, so after my hot wings gorging, a little rest, and a dash a self-loathing, I did Jillian Michaels 6wk6pk part 2 and ran until whatever I was watching on Netflix was over. Total burn 898 calories

I have to say I'm proud of myself, especially after Pukey the Clown tried to ruin my run. I managed to outrun Pukey though. Now I think i'm going to shower and die a little :laugh:

Verdict: Hot wings, extra tasty and very satisfying, but might not be worth it just yet.

That is some burn, my girl; there are several of you up there now doing absolutely tons of work. Glad to hear that Pukey didn't catch you up, ha ha!

BTW, what did you decide about the Body bugg?
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am trying for 1 day of rest cause I know I need it and its good to rest but my body won't let me!! So on my rest days I will still walk. A week ago I tried to rest all day and well by night fall the next thing I knew I was up and marching in place for over an hour while watching tv. I finally had to yell OMG STOP and SIT DOWN! I am still a work in progress. Everyone is doing a great job though, even if its only 100-200 calories thats better than doing nothing <3 Keep it up!

I know what you mean, the endorphins are addidctive! I also find having my nice heart rate monitor also makes me want to burn all the time, just to see the numbers! It's only my joints that stop me, that and finding enough 'good' calories to eat back. Oh, and time too.

Armaretta, sounds like you needed all that protein in the chicken!!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options

That is some burn, my girl; there are several of you up there now doing absolutely tons of work. Glad to hear that Pukey didn't catch you up, ha ha!

BTW, what did you decide about the Body bugg?
    I think I'm going to take the plunge, but now I'm hearing all kinds of things about BodyMedia as well, so that complicates things! I know I want one of them. Now it's just a matter of shopping around a bit to find a deal or some coupons.
    You would think that there would be more protein in the chicken wings, but they were half fat according to what I logged! Horrifying!

I think I'm going to eat light today and rest. I'm still a little pooped from last night and I forgot my coffee at home, so it's not shaping up well so far. Forgetting my coffee or supplements completely ruins my morning, lol.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my exercise for today

6/09/11 - day 1 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    7//9/11 - day 2 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    8/9/11 - day 3 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins netball approx 312 calories, walking to school approx 2 miles.
    9/9/11 - day 4 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins walking approx 298
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my exercise for today

6/09/11 - day 1 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    7//9/11 - day 2 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    8/9/11 - day 3 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins netball approx 312 calories, walking to school approx 2 miles.
    9/9/11 - day 4 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins walking approx 298

That's very good consistency. You play netball
    I was atrocious at school. More of a field hockey person really.:smile:
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    I am trying for 1 day of rest cause I know I need it and its good to rest but my body won't let me!! So on my rest days I will still walk. A week ago I tried to rest all day and well by night fall the next thing I knew I was up and marching in place for over an hour while watching tv. I finally had to yell OMG STOP and SIT DOWN! I am still a work in progress. Everyone is doing a great job though, even if its only 100-200 calories thats better than doing nothing <3 Keep it up!

I know what you mean, the endorphins are addidctive! I also find having my nice heart rate monitor also makes me want to burn all the time, just to see the numbers! It's only my joints that stop me, that and finding enough 'good' calories to eat back. Oh, and time too.

I have just stoppped trying to fight it.....Exercising makes me happy:happy:
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    1210 calories burned doing circuit training (cardio and weight lifting) in 150 minutes which is 30 minutes more than I usually do per day.
    We should rename ourselves to "The Trying to Burn as much as Franz Group"

Today is not going to be done until later for me. My husband talked me into hot wings :ohwell: :embarassed: , so I will gorge first, digest for an hour or so, then pay penance in sweat on the treadmill.

@skinny: I'm curious about the insanity workouts too. How does it compare to Ripped and JM other stuff?

Hahaha.....oh my....that was a somewhat unusual day. I have to say that my belly is particularly stubborn!!

LOL at the new thread title!!!

Mmm enjoy those wings!

I would say if you did the hardest levels of the Shred and Ripped with alot more cardio and about 4 times as fast for 40 -45 mins, that would give you a pretty good idea of what it's like. I was sweating so much it was dripping on the rug, lol!
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    Having trouble eating my cals today, coming off night shifts i get up at 2pm so only brekkie and dinner. Now having chocolate and a beer :drinker: ... that's why i did the 45 min short zumba prog, but still i have leftovers!

Tomorrow i will burn more and eat more good stuff, promise....

Snap! I'm having beer, chocolate and crisps, oink oink!!

I had so many cals left I really didn't fancy eating and proper food so thought i'd have a little pig out and man it's gooooood:drinker: :bigsmile:

Yeah exercise calories should be used for fun food ( and drink)!!
  • KSHorne
    KSHorne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Blah not sure if I will workout today :O Normally tomorrow is suppose to be my rest day but i may alternate. I worked my butt off yesterday just to get KFC and then blackout :( so no food. Plus we have no groceries in the house my bf was shopping after work but again the blackout made that not possible so he comes home empty handed and we can't go out needless to say we ate oreos for supper and went to bed hungry. Which also meant I netted maybe 700 calories not a happy camper. Now of course I am sure we will go out to eat tonight and I won't have the calories :( UGH!! Of course I may change my mind later but we'll see.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Count me in!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Blah not sure if I will workout today :O Normally tomorrow is suppose to be my rest day but i may alternate. I worked my butt off yesterday just to get KFC and then blackout :( so no food. Plus we have no groceries in the house my bf was shopping after work but again the blackout made that not possible so he comes home empty handed and we can't go out needless to say we ate oreos for supper and went to bed hungry. Which also meant I netted maybe 700 calories not a happy camper. Now of course I am sure we will go out to eat tonight and I won't have the calories :( UGH!! Of course I may change my mind later but we'll see.

Oh, you had the blackout! Heard about that on the news this morning. Very inconsiderate of them to interfere with your regime. Hope you get back to your normal routine soon. :smile:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Oh, you had the blackout! Heard about that on the news this morning. Very inconsiderate of them to interfere with your regime. Hope you get back to your normal routine soon. :smile:

I KNOW RIGHT!!! My whole schedule had to be rearranged, go figure LOL. All is well had no power for 7 hours or so but it could have been alot worse. Just in a funk after cause my bf was panicking and in a fowl mood. 1 he was unaware of the power outage guess his building had generators on and he drove to the store which took 1.5 hours to get to to find out it was closed due to no power and therefore got home at 7:30 when he normally gets home at 5. 2 He couldn't get connected online so he was freaking out lol, I was calm through all this. :)
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options

I KNOW RIGHT!!! My whole schedule had to be rearranged, go figure LOL. All is well had no power for 7 hours or so but it could have been alot worse. Just in a funk after cause my bf was panicking and in a fowl mood. 1 he was unaware of the power outage guess his building had generators on and he drove to the store which took 1.5 hours to get to to find out it was closed due to no power and therefore got home at 7:30 when he normally gets home at 5. 2 He couldn't get connected online so he was freaking out lol, I was calm through all this. :)
    Oh my! I can sympathize! I live in a part Alabama that was hit by all those tornadoes in April. We were without power for 6 days! It completely threw everything off, and I pretty much forgot about exercise. It took me a good month to get myself back in order, Lol.

Hopefully you will get back on track here soon!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

I misread that and thought you'd blacked out...glad it was a black out instead!
  • Roxyjag26
    Options
    In July I did the 30 Day Shred and just finished Ripped in 30 both by Jillian Michaels, both workouts were tough, the Shred gave me great results, I've got toned arms, back and legs...alas the belly remains lol!!

So i'm going to up the tempo on cardio, am going to start Insanity on monday, I really hope I can do it as i've heard lots of women say it finally got rid of the belly for them.

I'm going to post my stats this weekend, both waist and around the belly button, might even be brave enough to post a pic, IF i can work out how to post it ....then see what happens!!!

Do you know if I need to go out and get weights? etc?
  • kanzz
    kanzz Posts: 13
    Options
    me too .. :grumble:
    thats my biggest problem area :ohwell:
    would love to have a flat belly. :bigsmile:
    Want some motivation and i know together we can do it. :wink:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    In July I did the 30 Day Shred and just finished Ripped in 30 both by Jillian Michaels, both workouts were tough, the Shred gave me great results, I've got toned arms, back and legs...alas the belly remains lol!!

So i'm going to up the tempo on cardio, am going to start Insanity on monday, I really hope I can do it as i've heard lots of women say it finally got rid of the belly for them.

I'm going to post my stats this weekend, both waist and around the belly button, might even be brave enough to post a pic, IF i can work out how to post it ....then see what happens!!!

Do you know if I need to go out and get weights? etc?

You would need weights to get the best results, although you could start off with tins or water bottles. I started with 2.5lb weights and then went upto 5.5lb ones, sometimes alternating weights depending on the exercise or how tired my muscles were!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    me too .. :grumble:
    thats my biggest problem area :ohwell:
    would love to have a flat belly. :bigsmile:
    Want some motivation and i know together we can do it. :wink:

Welcome! Let's burn these bellies!!