Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    @Jen - how was the hen night???? You did say you were having a hen night didn't you? Only I can't find it again now. Maybe I imagined it!
  • kanzz
    kanzz Posts: 13
    Options
    yeah !!
    :explode:
    so how to start ............ ????

Cardio is the way to burn most calories....are you looking for ideas for working out?

u mean cardiovascular exercises?
    i noticed my all exercises i.e. walking , stationary bike, housework are cardiovascular only and i dont do any strength exercises. so i want ideas for both. and specially for my tummy.
    thnx for asking :smile:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    yeah !!

Cardio is the way to burn most calories....are you looking for ideas for working out?

i noticed my all exercises i.e. walking , stationary bike, housework are cardiovascular only and i dont do any strength exercises. so i want ideas for both. and specially for my tummy.

Yes, I believe in the need for strength training too. If I had a gym nearby, I would use that, but because I live out in the wilds, I've started using DVD workouts. To my surprise, I've been really impressed with Jillian Michaels' ones - they usually combine strength, cardio and abs work. A good one to start with is the 30 Day Shred - if you have enough room at home to jump about!
  • kanzz
    kanzz Posts: 13
    Options
    yeah !!

Yes, I believe in the need for strength training too. If I had a gym nearby, I would use that, but because I live out in the wilds, I've started using DVD workouts. To my surprise, I've been really impressed with Jillian Michaels' ones - they usually combine strength, cardio and abs work. A good one to start with is the 30 Day Shred - if you have enough room at home to jump about!

yes i have a gym nearby and they do this 30 min workout sessions and i think i need to book one for me now. thnx
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Good luck Kanzz - let us know how you get on. :flowerforyou:
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @Jen - how was the hen night???? You did say you were having a hen night didn't you? Only I can't find it again now. Maybe I imagined it!

Maggie, I'm alive- barely... Spent most of the day on the sofa with the sci fi channel... Was a lovely night thanks, out with 7 lovely ladies for a Thai meal, then on to a bar, which was surprisingly quiet for a Fri night. Anyway I busted my daily cals, but it was worth it, and doesn't happen often!

You mentioned wanting to get into weights, I've also been interested in this, lots of ladies recommend a book called the new rules of lifting for women. However i'm not keen on buying barbells and pull up bars and all that sort of stuff. I've got too much workout stuff lying around the house as it is! But I hear it's a good place to start.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

Maggie, I'm alive- barely... Spent most of the day on the sofa with the sci fi channel... Was a lovely night thanks, out with 7 lovely ladies for a Thai meal, then on to a bar, which was surprisingly quiet for a Fri night. Anyway I busted my daily cals, but it was worth it, and doesn't happen often!

You mentioned wanting to get into weights, I've also been interested in this, lots of ladies recommend a book called the new rules of lifting for women. However i'm not keen on buying barbells and pull up bars and all that sort of stuff. I've got too much workout stuff lying around the house as it is! But I hear it's a good place to start.

Glad to hear you're alive! Not sure I could cope with sci fi myself, but each to their own! Glad to hear you had a nice time. Did you wear a satin sash and an 'L' plate? :laugh:

Thanks for the hint with the book. I'll investigate, although I know what you mean about the house; as I type I'm looking at my mat which I haven't rolled up since last night, two sets of weights, ankle weights and a pile of workout dvds ...
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I've finally decided! Although I really like Jillian Michael's style, I've been gettling slightly bored with my workout dvds, having done 30 day shred, ripped in 30, 6 pack in 6 weeks, and banish fat boost metabolism (actually, I'm still doing that one). I've been wondering what to do next, and have been seriously considering Insanity and P90X. I should explain that I'm not instinctively too fond of cardio - I'll do it for health reasons really, but not that keen. But I do love strength training, and don't mind building muscle - in fact, I like it. Did a lot of weight training at gyms in years gone by, and I know it really helps with weight loss. Anyway, following extensive research, my next step is going to be ... another JM dvd! I'm going for 'No more trouble zones', which I gather is pure strength training. After that, I think I'll do a rotation of everything I've got for a while, as I can't afford to keep buying all this stuff!

@skinny can breathe a sigh of relief now, as I'll stop asking her questions about Insanity. :laugh:
    Let us know what you think of NMTZ! I've been thinking about getting this one too!

I took a lovely rest day yesterday, but I was awful hungry trying to stay under without exercise :ohwell: I finally decided, took the plunge, and bought a BodyMedia Fit device. I picked it over Body Bugg because it seems to have slightly better reviews and tracks your sleep patterns too! I'm going to run a comparison with my polar FT4 to see if there is much difference in calorie burn during workouts. Looking forward to seeing what my "true" activity levels actually are! The MFP descriptions are a little vague IMO. I'm very excited! I'm a total tech/gadget junkie. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Now to just wait until Amazon delivers!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I've finally decided! Although I really like Jillian Michael's style, I've been gettling slightly bored with my workout dvds, having done 30 day shred, ripped in 30, 6 pack in 6 weeks, and banish fat boost metabolism (actually, I'm still doing that one). I've been wondering what to do next, and have been seriously considering Insanity and P90X. I should explain that I'm not instinctively too fond of cardio - I'll do it for health reasons really, but not that keen. But I do love strength training, and don't mind building muscle - in fact, I like it. Did a lot of weight training at gyms in years gone by, and I know it really helps with weight loss. Anyway, following extensive research, my next step is going to be ... another JM dvd! I'm going for 'No more trouble zones', which I gather is pure strength training. After that, I think I'll do a rotation of everything I've got for a while, as I can't afford to keep buying all this stuff!

@skinny can breathe a sigh of relief now, as I'll stop asking her questions about Insanity. :laugh:
    Let us know what you think of NMTZ! I've been thinking about getting this one too!

I took a lovely rest day yesterday, but I was awful hungry trying to stay under without exercise :ohwell: I finally decided, took the plunge, and bought a BodyMedia Fit device. I picked it over Body Bugg because it seems to have slightly better reviews and tracks your sleep patterns too! I'm going to run a comparison with my polar FT4 to see if there is much difference in calorie burn during workouts. Looking forward to seeing what my "true" activity levels actually are! The MFP descriptions are a little vague IMO. I'm very excited! I'm a total tech/gadget junkie. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Now to just wait until Amazon delivers!

Ooooh, @armaretta, I'm excited too! I was looking at devices myself today, and I agree that the BodyMedia Fit one looks better; I'd love to be able to monitor my sleep patterns as well as everything else - I'm a gadget junkie too! But do you know what? We can't get them in the UK. There's one brand on the market here, but it hasn't had very good reviews, so there's no way I'm getting it. I'm just hoping that BodyMedia Fit might have entered the UK market by Christmas ... (*leaves page open in hope that partner reads it*). :laugh:
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my exercise for today

6/09/11 - day 1 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    7//9/11 - day 2 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    8/9/11 - day 3 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins netball approx 312 calories, walking to school approx 2 miles.
    9/9/11 - day 4 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins walking approx 298
    10/9/11 - day 5 30 shred - approx 308 calories (don't usually get much exercise in at the weekends what with doing family stuff and the kids having football matches but manages to squeeze in enough time to do my dvd today)
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options

HI
    I am currently doing a rotation of JM dvds and it created by her :)
    DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Im on day 21 of this!! Almost done and after as much as I want to do Killer Buns and Thighs I need a break from JM I think I need a changeup in my workout due to my lack of losing. I also have P90x and am considering giving it a honest shot next.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Wow! Thanks, @jrhstarlight, I really appreciate it! That's exactly what I'll do when I've given NMTZ a good go. And I'll be interested to know how you get on with P90X. Have you got all the gear ready for it?
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    Wow! Thanks, @jrhstarlight, I really appreciate it! That's exactly what I'll do when I've given NMTZ a good go. And I'll be interested to know how you get on with P90X. Have you got all the gear ready for it?

No :( and yes in my old apt we had the pull up bar but I had to use a chair for my pullups but in our new apt the doors won't work with the bar so can't use that but we do have resistance bands and weights of course. But I was thinking of doing the p90x lean instead of classic cause I need more cardio I still have a good 40lbs to lose. The classic has more strength which i know I need as well. AHH decisions. I have done all the workouts before but never consistent or weekly. So that's what I mean by getting serious, I figure if I can do Jillian for 30 days I can at least do p90x for 30 and then go from there.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    What gear do you need for P90x? And can you substitute things if you don't want to get all the gear?

I've seen pics of great results with this prog!
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    What gear do you need for P90x? And can you substitute things if you don't want to get all the gear?

I believe all you need is a mat, weights and a pull up bar or you can substitute resistance bands instead. I think that is all you.
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I carry all my weight in the stomach and i HATE it! I always feel like i look 9 months pregnant with twins.....Im not....
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options

We did p90x before starting Jillian Michaels. Do not buy Tony Horton's stuff it is too expensive. Go to wal-mart or some discount store. You need a set of weights, I recommend one a little lighter than your max and one at your max weight, resistance bands (get the ones that go over the door and you can use those for the pull-up, chin-up exercises too so you don't have to buy a bar- he will show you how to do it with bands), and a yoga mat (we just used a blanket). As you get to level 2 or even 3 you might need to get heavier weights. If you follow it the way you should you will see results, but honestly I am seeing faster results with Jillian MIchaels and it was a lot cheaper than p90x. My husband saw better results with p90x as its more for sculpting and shaping with some weigh loss but me being overweight I am seeing better actual weight loss with JM. I heard Tony is doing a 'overweight-weigh loss p90x' version but i have yet to see it. when it comes out i will check it out.
  • TrayCB
    Options
    Yep, that's where I struggle. I'm in!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I carry all my weight in the stomach and i HATE it! I always feel like i look 9 months pregnant with twins.....Im not....

Welcome...never too late to join!:happy:
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hiya!!:smile:

Just checking in.

Yesterday was a bit of a bummer exercise wise had an .......e-x-t-e--n-d-e-d...........day at work yesterday which left me jogging on the spot in front of the tv for at 8pm...!!... for a calorie burn of 304.

That was the longest most uninspired bit of exercise I have ever done!!

Of course had to keep up my end of the challenge so I was determined to do something.

Today was slightly better 75 minutes on stationary bike for a 550 calorie burn.

:smile:
    BRing on Day 6!