Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So I burned 830 calories on Day 1 doing circuit training at the gym. :smile: Wow it was so much more fun knowing that I'm in a challenge!! Bring on tomorrow!!

Hmm. I don't think Frannswaz is working hard enough. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nah, come on Frannswaz get with it!:noway:

I did better today....:happy:
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I didn't get much of a work out in for day two :( Between classes, meetings and homework I got in 30 minutes of dancing and burned 191 calories. I'll probably end up doing some squats while reading for homework tonight.

H-e-l-l-o:smile:

How did those squats while reading homework go? I was seriously impressed by the thought of it alone. :smile:

It actually went well! I did maybe ten squats, then I started doing some upper body toning exercises with my "walking weights". I switched exercises every time I turned a page.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I didn't get much of a work out in for day two :( Between classes, meetings and homework I got in 30 minutes of dancing and burned 191 calories. I'll probably end up doing some squats while reading for homework tonight.

H-e-l-l-o:smile:

How did those squats while reading homework go? I was seriously impressed by the thought of it alone. :smile:

It actually went well! I did maybe ten squats, then I started doing some upper body toning exercises with my "walking weights". I switched exercises every time I turned a page.

Now that's what I call multi tasking!!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    So I burned 830 calories on Day 1 doing circuit training at the gym. :smile: Wow it was so much more fun knowing that I'm in a challenge!! Bring on tomorrow!!

Hmm. I don't think Frannswaz is working hard enough. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nah, come on Frannswaz get with it!:noway:

I did better today....:happy:

Oh Frannswaz, what was it? Only about 1200 calories? Surely you can do better than that, you slacker. :laugh:

I'd better stop saying things like that - you might do yourself some serious damage if you push much harder!

Seriously now, very, VERY well done; you are really spurring us all on. :flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    @Jenlwb - how long is it until the big event? Are you going off somewhere first?

Not long, thanks for asking! Hen night tomorrow (so will work out extra first to bank some party calories!)

We fly to cyprus on 22nd, and marrying on 27th. We have a whole week with both our immediate families, which'll be nice, as Cyprus is halfway from us and UK.

So I'll be working out like a mad thing for a couple more weeks, then will disappear from cyberspace for a while! But I'll be checking on you all occasionally, so no slacking please :tongue:

Hen night, huh? We'd better raise a (virtual) toast to you here tomorrow. Glad we've got you here for a while longer though - almost 2 weeks yet. Then we'll all pretend to be working hard while you're away. Are you having a honeymoon? Hope it's somewhere with a good gym - that should be your priority after all! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I 'only' managed 769 calories this evening. Did Ripped in 30 level 4, half of 6 pack in 6 weeks level 1 (not so keen on that one - too 'bitty'), then an hour on the exercise bike while watching interntional athletics: so motivating!
  • Nit2winit77
    Options
    Great job everyone! This group has definitely made me feel more accountable for my exercise!

question: How many, if any, rest days per week does everyone plan to day? I usually try to do one, but I always feel guilty on that day!

I try to have at least 1 day too, but sometimes I take 2 depends on what my body is telling me. I used to feel guilty, but I don't anymore. When I workout, I workout hard so when its time to rest, I have nothing to feel guilty about :happy:

I do still have to force myself not to jump up and start doing something though sometimes, but I'm getting better:smile:
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hen night, huh? We'd better raise a (virtual) toast to you here tomorrow. Glad we've got you here for a while longer though - almost 2 weeks yet. Then we'll all pretend to be working hard while you're away. Are you having a honeymoon? Hope it's somewhere with a good gym - that should be your priority after all! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Honeymoon- maybe! Depends on the fella's work, hopefully. Seychelles is out tho, they still haven't caught that Tiger shark!

Frannswaz- are you wearing 2 heart rate monitors?!?! That's a crazy burn. Have fun eating those calories!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    OK, get ready for this, I know you'll all be so envious of my super bad burn today, just make sure you don't over do it trying to match me!

Drumroll please..................................................................................................................................

108 calories doing Insanity Cardio Recovery. No I haven't missed a digit out, that's all it was:grumble:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I'm SOOooooo done for the day!!

You guys are some hard taskmasters.

1210 calories burned doing circuit training (cardio and weight lifting) in 150 minutes which is 30 minutes more than I usually do per day.
    Funny how a little ole challenge can keep your butt in gear.:wink:

So many people in the gym today and everybody was pumping and sweating...like me...had me thinking that perhaps there's some other challenge that I'm not aware of.....Lol.....one is fine for me have to say!!

So how did everybody else get on with DAY 3 ??....:smile:

OMG, that's just plain crazy, BIG UP to Frannswaz!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    OK, get ready for this, I know you'll all be so envious of my super bad burn today, just make sure you don't over do it trying to match me!

Drumroll please..................................................................................................................................

108 calories doing Insanity Cardio Recovery. No I haven't missed a digit out, that's all it was:grumble:

So what's it all about then @skinny? I'm so curious about this programme you're doing! What's cardio recovery?
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    1210 calories burned doing circuit training (cardio and weight lifting) in 150 minutes which is 30 minutes more than I usually do per day.
    We should rename ourselves to "The Trying to Burn as much as Franz Group"

Today is not going to be done until later for me. My husband talked me into hot wings :ohwell: :embarassed: , so I will gorge first, digest for an hour or so, then pay penance in sweat on the treadmill.

@skinny: I'm curious about the insanity workouts too. How does it compare to Ripped and JM other stuff?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

So what's it all about then @skinny? I'm so curious about this programme you're doing! What's cardio recovery?

It's got loads to stretching moves as well as different lunges, where you do them slow, then hold and then pulse absolutely burn your legs and similar moves with squats too amongst some other stuff which is difficult to explain. Like one move you start off on all fours and then lift the knees off the floor, take one leg back, straighten it then move it up and down - you see as clear as mud!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    We should rename ourselves to "The Trying to Burn as much as Franz Group"

Today is not going to be done until later for me. My husband talked me into hot wings :ohwell: :embarassed: , so I will gorge first, digest for an hour or so, then pay penance in sweat on the treadmill.

@skinny: I'm curious about the insanity workouts too. How does it compare to Ripped and JM other stuff?

LOL at the new thread title!!!

Mmm enjoy those wings!

I would say if you did the hardest levels of the Shred and Ripped with alot more cardio and about 4 times as fast for 40 -45 mins, that would give you a pretty good idea of what it's like. I was sweating so much it was dripping on the rug, lol!
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! This group has definitely made me feel more accountable for my exercise!

question: How many, if any, rest days per week does everyone plan to day? I usually try to do one, but I always feel guilty on that day!

I try to have at least 1 day too, but sometimes I take 2 depends on what my body is telling me. I used to feel guilty, but I don't anymore. When I workout, I workout hard so when its time to rest, I have nothing to feel guilty about :happy:

I do still have to force myself not to jump up and start doing something though sometimes, but I'm getting better:smile:

I'm the same way! Today is my off day and I still keep thinking of workouts to do when I know I should at least take one day to rest.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

It's got loads to stretching moves as well as different lunges, where you do them slow, then hold and then pulse absolutely burn your legs and similar moves with squats too amongst some other stuff which is difficult to explain. Like one move you start off on all fours and then lift the knees off the floor, take one leg back, straighten it then move it up and down - you see as clear as mud!!

Oh, I see ... (said politely).
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Today I did No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels (NMTZ) and I did Leslie Sansone walk 4 miles burning a total of 978.
    I do eat back my calories. Last night I was making room for an Oreo pie and then my bf informed me tonight he wants KFC which is odd we save our eating out for weekends but oh well, needed to burn more for that too LOL.
    I am trying for 1 day of rest cause I know I need it and its good to rest but my body won't let me!! So on my rest days I will still walk. A week ago I tried to rest all day and well by night fall the next thing I knew I was up and marching in place for over an hour while watching tv. I finally had to yell OMG STOP and SIT DOWN! I am still a work in progress. Everyone is doing a great job though, even if its only 100-200 calories thats better than doing nothing <3 Keep it up!
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    270 calories burned today! Didn't realize housework was on there! Man I workout more than I thought LOL! But I did do Wii Fit Yoga and strength training today!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Okay, so after my hot wings gorging, a little rest, and a dash a self-loathing, I did Jillian Michaels 6wk6pk part 2 and ran until whatever I was watching on Netflix was over. Total burn 898 calories

I have to say I'm proud of myself, especially after Pukey the Clown tried to ruin my run. I managed to outrun Pukey though. Now I think i'm going to shower and die a little :laugh:

Verdict: Hot wings, extra tasty and very satisfying, but might not be worth it just yet.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Today I did No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels (NMTZ) and I did Leslie Sansone walk 4 miles burning a total of 978.
    I do eat back my calories. Last night I was making room for an Oreo pie and then my bf informed me tonight he wants KFC which is odd we save our eating out for weekends but oh well, needed to burn more for that too LOL.
    I am trying for 1 day of rest cause I know I need it and its good to rest but my body won't let me!! So on my rest days I will still walk. A week ago I tried to rest all day and well by night fall the next thing I knew I was up and marching in place for over an hour while watching tv. I finally had to yell OMG STOP and SIT DOWN! I am still a work in progress. Everyone is doing a great job though, even if its only 100-200 calories thats better than doing nothing <3 Keep it up!

You are amazing - that's an incredible burn! I am the same as you, being unable to stop. And I absolutely agree - 100-200 calories is better than 0 calories.