Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    OK did Leslie Sansone walk today 4 miles plus did 50 bicep curls and 50 shoulder raises and burned 668 calories :)

Wow! Leslie Sansone walk? Is that a special way of walking? Forgive me, I'm British and I don't know about such things. :laugh:

Leslie Sansone has her own walk at home DVDs which to the sound of seems easy but she can really break you out in a sweat. You simply walk in place in your home and she adds in kicks, knee raises side steps and some arm movements throughout so you really can get your heart rate up and work more muscle than just by walking outside alone.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Tried my Wii Zumba for the first time, quite good! Although weird cos I chose a 45 min intermediate routine, and after 45 mins it kept going to the next song which said it was a warmup?? Anyway i had to stop at that point, and i 'lost' my game. Anyway i burned 300 cals, so it's a start. Might do some weights later.

Back to Jillian tomorrow I think, I just can't stay away :blushing:
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Tried my Wii Zumba for the first time, quite good! Although weird cos I chose a 45 min intermediate routine, and after 45 mins it kept going to the next song which said it was a warmup?? Anyway i had to stop at that point, and i 'lost' my game. Anyway i burned 300 cals, so it's a start. Might do some weights later.

I know what you mean about Jillian! I think she will be my fallback for a long time now. My friend raved about her for a long time, but I was resistant. I thought she was a gimmick, but I now own 4 of her DVDs, and I'm considering getting more, lol.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options

I know what you mean about Jillian! I think she will be my fallback for a long time now. My friend raved about her for a long time, but I was resistant. I thought she was a gimmick, but I now own 4 of her DVDs, and I'm considering getting more, lol.

Ditto!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Just finished reading the rest of the posts on page 5 and 6 and my calories burns look so lame :laugh:

I will do better next week once my youngest starts school too. At the moment im lucky if I can fit in 30 minutes of uninterrupted work out time (not lucky really to be honest it does take lots of bribery :laugh: )

That's the great thing about this group! The competitive edge pushes you to do more than you thought you could!

Maggie: I wanted to burn over 600, but I'm having to share a car with my husband until he gets his fixed, so I had to spend an hour and a half of good calorie burning time, playing solitaire on my phone, waiting on him in my car. :yawn:

Oh No! I feel your pain! :frown:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Oh me oh my, I'm all done in. Did a lot of 'very brisk' walking today (my colleague laughed when I said maybe I was a fast walker - she said I go off like a rocket!), and just finished a JM workout (banish fat boost metabolism). 725 calories in total and that's your lot for tonight.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Oh me oh my, I'm all done in. Did a lot of 'very brisk' walking today (my colleague laughed when I said maybe I was a fast walker - she said I go off like a rocket!), and just finished a JM workout (banish fat boost metabolism). 725 calories in total and that's your lot for tonight.

That's a big burn, you rocket you!! I'm not surprised your tired.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Oh my body is feeling it after day 2 of Insanity, tonight was Cardio Power and Resistance...my burn for the day is 462.

I think I'll drink those cals in beer :drinker: That's bound to help me get a flat belly, lol!!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Oh my body is feeling it after day 2 of Insanity, tonight was Cardio Power and Resistance...my burn for the day is 462.

I think I'll drink those cals in beer :drinker: That's bound to help me get a flat belly, lol!!!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    Having trouble eating my cals today, coming off night shifts i get up at 2pm so only brekkie and dinner. Now having chocolate and a beer :drinker: ... that's why i did the 45 min short zumba prog, but still i have leftovers!

Tomorrow i will burn more and eat more good stuff, promise....
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Having trouble eating my cals today, coming off night shifts i get up at 2pm so only brekkie and dinner. Now having chocolate and a beer :drinker: ... that's why i did the 45 min short zumba prog, but still i have leftovers!

Snap! I'm having beer, chocolate and crisps, oink oink!!

I had so many cals left I really didn't fancy eating and proper food so thought i'd have a little pig out and man it's gooooood:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Done with workouts today. Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk, 50 dumbbell flys, 50 tricep kickbacks, Butt Bible lvl 1 lower and 30DS lvl 1 & 2. Grand total of 1014 calories burnt. <whew>
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Done with workouts today. Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk, 50 dumbbell flys, 50 tricep kickbacks, Butt Bible lvl 1 lower and 30DS lvl 1 & 2. Grand total of 1014 calories burnt. <whew>

Errr WOW!!! That's an amazing burn, be proud and then some!! :flowerforyou:
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Wow! I hope you are eating your exercise calories too! I'd fall over and melt into a little pile of sweat mush if I did that much in one day!

Snap! I'm having beer, chocolate and crisps, oink oink!!

I had so many cals left I really didn't fancy eating and proper food so thought i'd have a little pig out and man it's gooooood:drinker: :bigsmile:

Crazy kinds of jealous! I suffered severe guilt just eating my canned soup at lunch today because of all the sodium!

I revisited Jillian Michaels today Ripped in 30 Week 1. i remember it being much harder the first time! After that, I jogged for a bit. The weather is getting nice this week, so I might jump off the treadmill tomorrow and run outside! Total burn 630 cals

bad news: TOM approaching, so my water weight, and thus waistline, is increasing :mad: I shall have to force myself to ignore my expanding tummy for a week or two.
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I didn't get much of a work out in for day two :( Between classes, meetings and homework I got in 30 minutes of dancing and burned 191 calories. I'll probably end up doing some squats while reading for homework tonight.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

Wow! That's seriously impressive!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I didn't get much of a work out in for day two :( Between classes, meetings and homework I got in 30 minutes of dancing and burned 191 calories. I'll probably end up doing some squats while reading for homework tonight.

Squats while reading? Now there's commitment!
  • Jenlwb
    Options

That is INSANE! Well done!
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    HI there just checking in completed day three of 30 Day shred this morning.

6/09/11 - day 1 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    7//9/11 - day 2 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    8/9/11 - day 3 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins netball approx 312 calories, walking to school approx 2 miles.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    HI there just checking in completed day three of 30 Day shred this morning.

6/09/11 - day 1 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    7//9/11 - day 2 30 day shred - approx 308 calories
    8/9/11 - day 3 30 day shred - approx 308 calories and 60 mins netball approx 312 calories, walking to school approx 2 miles.

I wanted to edit my post but the edit button seems to have disappeared. Just wanted to add in 27 mins of fast pace walking as i've just popped to the shop and back i use the runkeeper app on my phone and it says i did 2.57 miles thats 4.14km in 27 mins and burnt 172 calories. So with walking to school later which is a similar distance total calorie burn for the day will be 964, not that i've done netball yet but i will be later.