Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did 5 miles of walking doing Leslie Sansone so burned 632 and so far today did 30ds lvl1 followed by 2 more miles with a total of 501. Not sure if I will do anything else today I need to do another one but not sure if I have the energy, lol.
    oh my! You work so much harder than me!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    OK, I have a new plan. Check it out and tell me what you think:

Sorry, just decided against my own plan, but couldn't delete it because MFP won't let you have a blank post!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What's the plan for?!

I was seriously considering getting much more into weight training, with the help of 'The new rules of lifting for women'. In theory, it would be a good thing to do, but I forgot about the practical implications; I realised I would need to keep a bench and bars in the living room. It's bad enough with the mat and weights, so I decided it would be a step too far to turn the place into a gym. Embarrassed now, that I didn't think of it before. :blushing:

Why be embarrassed, I think you should go for it, it sounds like you're very interested. If having the stuff in your living room is a problem, could you put it elsewhere, hall? understairs cupboard? shed? other?!? Don't dismiss it so quickly.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Why be embarrassed, I think you should go for it, it sounds like you're very interested. If having the stuff in your living room is a problem, could you put it elsewhere, hall? understairs cupboard? shed? other?!? Don't dismiss it so quickly.
    [/quote]

You are right. I will give it more thought. Thank you, Skinny, you have a lot of good sense. :flowerforyou:
  • armaretta
    Options
    @maggie, I agree with skinny. I see no reason not to fit in something you obviously love so much! It's a healthy obsession :laugh: anyways, so there should be nothing wrong with it!

I ran yesterday for 327 calories. I dare say I might become someone who enjoys running! I took today off though. My shins are feeling a little sore, so a good rest day was in order. My poor dog needed a rest day too! I found that I'm in better shape than her :laugh:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Morning all. I need to beg an extra day or two before submitting my weights and measurements for scrutiny. Suffice it to say that I followed the advice of a fellow-MFP in relation to something called 'Psyllium husks' and am now somewhat enlarged but waiting for the matter to be resolved. Very difficult to say this delicately. :laugh:

But actually people, for a low-carb diet I think psyllium husks may be the way to go. Virtually calorie-free form of fibre, no ill-effects, used daily by people for years ... check it out.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Oo er Maggie, I think enough said!!

Well I know my belly button measurement is smaller, but don't know by how much as can't find my original stats!! It's now 31 inches, :bigsmile: my normal waist is the same....I can't really see it getting any smaller unless my ribs shrink lol!!

Oh forgot to add up burnt calories, back soon...
  • armaretta
    Options
    Weight: 129.2 (1.2lbs loss)
    Waist: 27(same)
    Belly button: 28.5 (same)
    Below Belly button: 29.5 (same)
    Hips: 36.5 (same)

Total burn: 1836
    Avg/day: 262.3
    Avg/workout: 367.2

I had another excellent week with the scale! I have to say, my BodyMedia Fit device is spot on! I averaged a 600 calorie deficit for the past week, which equates to exactly 1.2 pounds of loss! I wish I had gotten one of these babies sooner. It would have made some of the early plateaus less frustrating or prevented them all together. I had gotten used to plateauing every 2 or 3 pounds, but I've had nothing but consistency since I've gotten the BodyMedia. I'm guessing a full two weeks for my experiment is not necessary at this point. I had a half effort experiment the week before, and it turned out the same outstanding results. This whole experience has really opened my eyes to how active I really at during the day at work! Also, I'm starting to think that it was measuring the Jillian Michaels exercises correctly, even though it was much lower than the Polar. I've been doing a little digging, and it seems that with the strength training and intervals (even though it keeps your heart rate going), your heart may be working hard, but the rest of your body may not be working quite so hard. That's what I've gathered so far.

I haven't lost any inches, but I can see a different shape to the inches for sure. My lower belly is starting to pull in towards the center a little, so I can see my hipbones if I twist to the side a little. I think I might have been 12 the last time I saw my hipbones. Unfortunate note: the "girls" continue to shrink ever so slightly. hopefully they will stop sometime soon!

@skinny: I think i'm on the same boat as you with the natural waist. Mine's not going to get much smaller either I think.
    @maggie: I take a fiber supplement in my coffee everyday. I think it's made of the same thing you are talking about. it took my body a week or two to adjust, but it was well worth the early discomfort in the end. How are the new scales working out? I'm considering upgrading my kitchen scales to something a little fancier myself :bigsmile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Total weekly burn 2084 and I have also lost 1 lb!!

I'm glad I'm on recovery week as I feel very tired, having constant late nights doesn't help but I don't like going to bed early, don't want to sleep my life away!

It's got rather quiet on here.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Check-in:
    Weight: 142.2 ( +1.3 this week / +0.2 from start)
    Calorie burn: 2822 (avg 403/day)
    Chest 33.5 (+0.25 / -0.5)
    Upper Belly 36.3 (-0.2 / -0.7 )
    Waist 35.1 (-0.4 / -1.4)
    Waist - sucked in: 32.5 (-0 / -0)
    Lower Belly 38.75 (-0.5 / -0.75)
    Hips: 36.75 (-0 / -1 )

Visual differences- No visual difference from last week.
    Exercise- I'm trying to improve my miles run as I've my first 5k on the 16th.
    Goal - Keep running, mix in some HIIT this week as that really seemed to help.
    Lower my sugar intake and raise fiber. Eat my veggies!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    How are the new scales working out? I'm considering upgrading my kitchen scales to something a little fancier myself :bigsmile:

Armaretta, I'm so pleased that your BodyMedia device has provied a success; it's been interestnig to see how you've got on with it. Would so like one myself, but simply not possible at the moment for so many reasons ...

Scales! I love my new ones. Here's a link to them:

http://www.ourweigh.co.uk/digital-kitchen-scales/salter-1085-max-view-kitchen-scale.html

The only problem is, in finding this link to send you, I realised I couldn have got them a lot cheaper. :frown:

The ones I really wanted, but they didn't have in the shop (and I couldn't afford anyway) are these:

http://www.salterhousewares.com/salter_uk/catalogue/kitchen-scales/electronic-scales/nutri-weigh-slim-electronic-scale.html
  • armaretta
    Options
    How are the new scales working out? I'm considering upgrading my kitchen scales to something a little fancier myself :bigsmile:

Armaretta, I'm so pleased that your BodyMedia device has provied a success; it's been interestnig to see how you've got on with it. Would so like one myself, but simply not possible at the moment for so many reasons ...

Scales! I love my new ones. Here's a link to them:

http://www.ourweigh.co.uk/digital-kitchen-scales/salter-1085-max-view-kitchen-scale.html

The only problem is, in finding this link to send you, I realised I couldn have got them a lot cheaper. :frown:

The ones I really wanted, but they didn't have in the shop (and I couldn't afford anyway) are these:

http://www.salterhousewares.com/salter_uk/catalogue/kitchen-scales/electronic-scales/nutri-weigh-slim-electronic-scale.html
    Wow! Those are some fancy scales! Oh the urge to buy new gadgets might overwhelm me! I already bought new fancy headphones for my running this week!

Great tracking Goddess! Do you find your sugars come from treats or fruits. I stopped tracking mine because I realized almost all my sugar was from fruits, and the fiber in those slows down your absorption of the fructose, so it doesn't cause the huge insulin spike comparable to something like a candybar. I just try to keep it under 100g, preferably under 75g. I love fruit so much though.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options

I'm still here! Not weighing in this week tho, leaving for honeymoon tonight, back in a couple of weeks, so we'll see what effect lots of roaming around and scuba diving have on my results.

But I'll check and and say hi!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Thursday is my weigh in but i stepped on scale to see if I am losing at this point and .2lb from last week and my belly has grown to 40" up 1" BLAH :( All my other measurements are the same.
    My total calorie burn 2975.

I am hoping for more loss by Thurs. I tried to do better this past weekend with eating normally I over eat 2-3 days, basically all weekend. Well Friday I went way over but I considered that my rest day and then Sat Sun I although I still ate out alot I made slightly better choices and did workouts to help. So Sat I was over but only like 50 calories and Sun I was under by 150, so I am really pleased with my efforts and progress this weekend however if I don't see a bigger drop on the scale in a couple of days I will still be disappointed :(

@armaretta I am glad you think I workout hard lol, I don't always feel as if I do.

I was debating this week starting the Shred for the 2nd time and I did do it yesterday. But then I think the shred and KBT I must be crazy. Although my schedule with kbt isn't going well. I am in another group where they are busting out the seams of that dvd with 8 lb weights and leg weights at the same time!!! While I rock it with 3 lb weights LOL.
    Plus this week my bf and I have decided to try to change up our diet a little, which will be easier for him and horrendous on me, I'm super picky. I was all for it yesterday cause I was going to make a bean dish but he changed his mind last minute and wanted to do our normal dishes for the evening and start the new menu today! There went my motivation. So now today he said we should do a pasta dish first which doesn't sound remotely interesting or yummy to me :( Mostly cause the pasta dish has no sauce how do you eat pasta with no sauce?? I simply cook the pasta and a few veggies and spices and put together to enjoy, the only veggie in the dish i like is corn. I am trying to stay positive like I was for the bean dish but I can't get there. I will report tomorrow on how this meal went.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I'm still here! Not weighing in this week tho, leaving for honeymoon tonight, back in a couple of weeks, so we'll see what effect lots of roaming around and scuba diving have on my results.

Have FUN and don't worry about that scale!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

Have a lovely honeymoon Jen. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Jen, have a wonderful honeymoon :smile: :flowerforyou:

Starlight, hope you get your head round the pasta dish!

I'm taking a break tonight as have strained something in my right lower back and right shoulder, hopefully the rest will help and back to normal tomorrow.
  • armaretta
    Options

Have a wonderful time Jen!

@jrhstarlight: Have you considered picking up a light cooking cookbook? I bought "The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook" and loved most of the recipes I tried! It also gave me a general idea of how to start cooking healthy, and ways to add great flavor to dishes without extreme amounts of calories.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Do you find your sugars come from treats or fruits. I stopped tracking mine because I realized almost all my sugar was from fruits, and the fiber in those slows down your absorption of the fructose, so it doesn't cause the huge insulin spike comparable to something like a candybar. I just try to keep it under 100g, preferably under 75g. I love fruit so much though.
    It varies from day to day. I don't worry if I'm over because of sugar from fruit. I love bananas. :)
    The biggest amount sadly comes from my milk and my energy bars (Clif bars) - 21g of sugar (from carbs) in one bar.
    I don't do candy much anymore, but the Clif bars are becoming my candy bar of late, so those will have to go for a while.

I've gotten great ideas for the fiber here. :)
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Oooer, still not ready to measure-in. :blushing:
  • armaretta
    Options
    Oooer, still not ready to measure-in. :blushing:
    drink lots and lots of water! that helped me!