Burn The Belly

Options
1272829303133»

Replies

• armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have nothing incredible to report this week and my burns have been nothing to brag about. It's pre-TOM and my motivation and willpower are nowhere to be found! My exercise has been spotty and my food choices have been questionable about every other day. No change in measurements (maybe a 1/4 inch loss on the hips, but that's too little for me to call a real loss), and I'm up 1/2 pound, but that's completely expected this TOM. I'll try to do better this week! Maybe the changing season is instinctively urging me to put on my "winter coat?"
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Oh dear we all seem to be on a bit of a downer, maybe the change in seasons is to blame.:grumble:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Well we have been at the logging and checking in daily now for over a month! My total last week was 2859, surprise measurements still appear to be the same. I did peek at the scale again this morning and whatever I am doing seems to be working I was down 1.2lbs however again my weigh in is Thurs so plenty of time to keep it there or change it. I have been watching myself on weekends better and trying not to go over as much as I normally do and it seems to be helping tons.
  • armaretta
    Options
    The changing seasons are definitely doing something to me! I over slept today for the first time in probably a year!

grats on the loss jrhstarlight!
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    Thanks armaretta! I kept the 1 lb off and another great victory occurred today as well. I have a bowflex scale that tells me all kinds of info other than weight. Well my visceral fat has been a 9 forever (which is the fat surrounding all your organs and of course the most dangerous fat) Which a 9 is considered good I suppose, but my scale said 8 today!! WOOHOO. So all my hard work is paying off. The funny thing about the scale for fat is 1-12 is low risk while 13-59 is high risk! What a jump just 2 levels one is decent and the other bad and its a wide range for bad.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks armaretta! I kept the 1 lb off and another great victory occurred today as well. I have a bowflex scale that tells me all kinds of info other than weight. Well my visceral fat has been a 9 forever (which is the fat surrounding all your organs and of course the most dangerous fat) Which a 9 is considered good I suppose, but my scale said 8 today!! WOOHOO. So all my hard work is paying off. The funny thing about the scale for fat is 1-12 is low risk while 13-59 is high risk! What a jump just 2 levels one is decent and the other bad and its a wide range for bad.

Scales that tell you about your visceral fat? Armaretta - as gadget girls, we need to investigate these further! Do you think they are accurate jrhstarlight?

Very well done for getting that number down, BTW. Possibly the most important measurement of all?
  • armaretta
    Options

Scales that tell you about your visceral fat? Armaretta - as gadget girls, we need to investigate these further! Do you think they are accurate jrhstarlight?

Very well done for getting that number down, BTW. Possibly the most important measurement of all?
    yes, yes! tell us more about this scale! Mine is pathetic. It tells me I have 34% bodyfat, and I KNOW that's not true.

Maggie, I picked up No More Trouble Zones last night! I'm going start alternating that into my routine starting soon! Looking forward to doing some more strength training!
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    I cant find my booklet on it but I love it. I hope its accurate :) It stores you info in it so more than 1 person can weigh in just under a different number, Im #2. You put age and sex and height in. When you step on barefoot it tells you weight, bmi, visceral fat, muscle, and 1 or 2 more numbers, I think water and how many calories to maintain current weight. Plus you will love this Armaretta you can plug into computer and it will give you a read out of all your weigh ins so you can compare and whatnot.
    MFP says to lose weight I need to eat 1340 calories and to maintain 1830!!
    However my scale says to maintain I need to 1540, so not sure which is better.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    [/quote]
    Maggie, I picked up No More Trouble Zones last night! I'm going start alternating that into my routine starting soon! Looking forward to doing some more strength training!
    [/quote]

Great! Let us know what you think of it. I'm trying to up the weights as it was starting to feel slightly too easy, but was so tired last night went back down again!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I cant find my booklet on it but I love it. I hope its accurate :) It stores you info in it so more than 1 person can weigh in just under a different number, Im #2. You put age and sex and height in. When you step on barefoot it tells you weight, bmi, visceral fat, muscle, and 1 or 2 more numbers, I think water and how many calories to maintain current weight. Plus you will love this Armaretta you can plug into computer and it will give you a read out of all your weigh ins so you can compare and whatnot.

Ooooh! I do like the sound of that scale. Mine measures my body fat percentage, but it's just rubbish it can vary by 20% within the space of an hour! :noway:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Ooops, double post!
  • armaretta
    Options
    must have one!!!!! ......... Okay I've calmed down now. what brand is it? Mine seems to be pretty inaccurate. I read something on the support site about needing to have baby smooth feet for it to work properly. Mine are rather rough from running, walking, standing etc. I am going to have to eventually just go to a professional and have my body fat measured by someone competent. I just LOATH breaking routine.
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    It is a bowflex so kinda pricey.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Right then. My weight is down by 0.4 of a pound, but my measurements are EXACTLY the same as last week. Ah well. What was that about the tortoise...?
  • armaretta
    Options
    no changes for me to report either. my measurements haven't changed, but my jeans are fitting a little looser in areas that aren't measured I guess. My pooch on my tummy is starting to feel less full, and look like a deflated bag. I hope the loose skin shrinks! I'm young, but I spent many many years smoking (started smoking younger than i care to admit), and that kills the elasticity in your skin!
  • armaretta
    Options
    looks like our thread is slowly dying :cry: :cry: :cry:

anyone care to friend up so we can support each other individually?
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    looks like our thread is slowly dying :cry: :cry: :cry:

anyone care to friend up so we can support each other individually?

I'll be your friend Armaretta. Oh, wait, I already am. :smile:
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    Funny I was about to post the same thing today, that the thread is slowly dying. I may stop posting on here as it seems silly to post for 3 or so people.
    A small weight gain this week due to eating pretty bad over the weekend, oh well hopefully will do better this coming weekend.