Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I like it! I'm in a September-burn 5000cal/wk challenge already so this will fit right in!
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Waist- 29 1/2 inch
    Around belly button- 37 inch
    Hips- 41 1/4 inch

My belly button has been eaten by saggy skin. I have read that to do anything with the skin you need to flatten it and loose excess fat. I'll do a before and after pic
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Waist: 28.5
    Belly button 32.5
    Between belly button and hips: 35
    Hips 34.5

Must say I'm a bit confused about taking hip measurements, whereabouts is everyone actually measuring, the smallest area?

I also have a bit of tummy between my belly button and hips that is bigger than the belly button measurement, think i'll add that too...or are they my hips??!
  • jem728
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I'm in.
  • angelfire5357
    Options
    Just what I need-count me in.
  • ritajean3
    Options
    Belly button 32.5
    Hips 34.5

Must say I'm a bit confused about taking hip measurements, whereabouts is everyone actually measuring, the smallest area?

I also have a bit of tummy between my belly button and hips that is bigger than the belly button measurement, think i'll add that too...or are they my hips??!

Hips are around the largest bit so low you include some of the bum. I can't remember where I found that out but I was surprised because I had previously measured the smallest area
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Belly button 32.5
    Hips 34.5

Hmm. Perhaps you could post a hologram? :laugh:

I understand your issue though - why not say '2 inches down from belly button' or however far it is?
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    Count me in! Will post measurements tomorrow morning! Going to have one last cookout before I get really motivated! Jiggly belly is my biggest problem! :laugh: If I can figure it out I will post before pictures.. RELAXED! Because we all know we like to suck it in as much as we can when a picture is taken!
  • applechild
    Options
    I'm in and my belly will be out! xD
    I just joined few days ago, and have never been 'in' something, so I don't know what the procedure is..
    will there be certain training you propose that everyone can follow, and a scheme like twice a day or such?

Anyway, my measures:

Waist: 83cm
    Belly button 90cm
    Between belly button and hips: 103cm
    Hips 110cm

my hips are as large as my little cousin is high. XD
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I'm in and my belly will be out! xD
    I just joined few days ago, and have never been 'in' something, so I don't know what the procedure is..
    will there be certain training you propose that everyone can follow, and a scheme like twice a day or such?

Anyway, my measures:

Waist: 83cm
    Belly button 90cm
    Between belly button and hips: 103cm
    Hips 110cm

my hips are as large as my little cousin is high. XD

Welcome applechild! There are no official procedures in fact - we've just worked out for ourselves how we think we should approach it. Originally we were thinking of all following the same exercise programme, but it turned out that everybody has different options available, different preferences etc, so we are all doing our own thing exercise-wise, and just record how many calories we burn. As an example, I have several different workout dvds, and I'll be mixing them up. I also use an exercise bike. Other people prefer to go to the gym, or do exercises of their own at home. You will find most exercise has the calorie burn listed in the MFP database, but if it isn't there, you can add it. But many of us use Heart Rate Monitors to try and get an accurate reading fo the calorie burn. The important thing is to post your total calorie burn for the whole week every Tuesday - should be easy if you've recorded everything in your diary (you can just look back and add it up). Keep a check on measurements too. Who knows, you could be the one to win the holiday in Thailand ... only joking, sorry! :laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Belly button 32.5
    Hips 34.5

Hips are around the largest bit so low you include some of the bum. I can't remember where I found that out but I was surprised because I had previously measured the smallest area

Oh no, that would make them enormous lol!!
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in what info do you need??? My tummy has been my trouble area for as long as u can remember...
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I'm in what info do you need??? My tummy has been my trouble area for as long as u can remember...

Post your measurements of waist at thinnest, belly button and hips...post a pic too if you're brave enough...so far no one has been lol!! I've taken before pics and put them on my profile.

Record calories you burn through exercise and then post the weeks total on here every Tuesday.

Keep us updated of progress made...i'm sure we'll all be making loads of these!!!
  • ritajean3
    Options
    Belly button 32.5
    Hips 34.5

I use cm the number was very high when I switched from where my bikini sits to around the toosh too. Ah inches....a great wat to make any metric user feel smaller.

I will put my pics up if you like (was thinking of waiting for a
    after pic first) I just am using the phone so will do it when I
    on the computer.

Oh no, that would make them enormous lol!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I realise that this doesn't sound like I have much of a belly, but it does wobble, I promise. I also have a small frame. Oh, and I should add that I haven't had any children.

Me too, strange isn't it? And yet I've seen success stories on here, of people with my height, weighing a good 20lbs more, with no belly! Sometimes big bones/frame seem to help people carry weight better.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Here's my before pics and stats:

A) Waist: 27"
    B) Belly Button: 29"
    C) Below Belly Button:
    D) Hips: 37"

iphone005-1.jpgiphone006-1.jpgiphone007-1-1-1.jpg
    There's a fistful of jelly just below my belly button that's my biggest gripe! I call it the pesky pooch.
    Good luck to everyone! I'll be doing workout DVD likes the ****ens and jogging my heart out!

grrrrr photobucket make hulk angry!
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Okay. i have taken before pics, but I'm not posting them. I'm not that brave yet. If I have some really awesome after pictures...then maybe.

Waist: 35.5"
    Over belly button: 43.5"
    Hips: 43"

So...here goes nothing! Lets burn this belly off with some 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism!!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options

C) Below Belly Button: 32"

There's a fistful of jelly just below my belly button that's my biggest gripe! I call it the pesky pooch.
    Good luck to everyone! I'll be doing workout DVD likes the ****ens and jogging my heart out!

edited to put the below belly button measurement!

bout to load up on take-out Asian food. Husband just got home from Germany, and I think we must splurge a little :) I LOVE thai coconut curry! To the grindstone tomorrow!
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This sounds great that's my real problem area now. I am starting 30 day shred tomorrow again hope to finish it this time. Will take measurements tomorrow.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

C) Below Belly Button: 32"

edited to put the below belly button measurement!

bout to load up on take-out Asian food. Husband just got home from Germany, and I think we must splurge a little :) I LOVE thai coconut curry! To the grindstone tomorrow!

YAY, we have our first pic!!

Enjoy that curry :wink: