I'm too sexual looking...........accusation from a gym membe

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
I got a warning from my Group Fitness Supervisor today to be aware of my clothing at the gym. In my avatar, I'm wearing the same spandex that I was accused of being "too sexual looking" in when a complaint was put in the suggestion box! I wear them because if I just wore shorts, every time I kick (and I kick high) in kickboxing instruction, you'd see my "junk". At least this way I'm "contained". Through the grapevine, apparently it's from a very "religious and conservative" woman who attends my classes.

So your opinion: If I wore that to an instruction class, would you be offended?

BTW, I have no choice but to "cover up" more.

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I guess you could wear pants but that'd be hot (as in really warm).... That sucks that someone complained. I would definitely much rather see spandex than junk revealing shorts.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    maybe it's the tight *kitten* that offends. wear shorts over the spandex, or invest in some Lulu for men :wink:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    can you wear the spandex and then a loose pair of running shorts over it?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should refrain from teaching classes in spandex with an erection.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If she's in your class, maybe wear something loose but appropriate that might fling your junk in her direction. Next time you wear the container-wear she might be more appreciative :-P What you're wearing in the pic looks like normal gym apparel to me.
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    Those are fine. I guess you could put loose shorts over the spandex to contain yourself and keep the obvious gawker from staring at your package.
  • kslindner
    Options
    HAVE U SEEN SOME OF THE PEOPLE AT THE GYM????????? They look like damn street walkers. I would HARDLY call what u are wearing "sexual" or offensive. Whoever put that "suggestion" in the suggestion box is probably just jealous of your awesome looking figure.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    can you wear the spandex and then a loose pair of running shorts over it?

this post came up just as i hit reply. that's what i was going to suggest.
  • littlewords
    Options
    Why don't you ask your supervisor what the recommended attire would be? If they are asking you to not wear something, they should be able to tell you what WOULD be acceptable.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hell no I wouldn't be offended! :devil:
    Giggity!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    That is a joke! Can't do much as an instructor I guess.

In my case honestly I would tell them to blow it out their *kitten* and then join another gym.

But I'm a hot-head
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    maybe it's the tight *kitten* that offends. wear shorts over the spandex, or invest in some Lulu for men :wink:
    Shirts I wear hang low enough to cover my butt and crotch area. Which is why I'm still wondering why she complained.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options

F*****ck...i love you.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am EXTREMELY conservative... lol I wouldn't be offended but it might make it hard to concentrate!!! :blushing: :wink:
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I got a warning from my Group Fitness Supervisor today to be aware of my clothing at the gym. In my avatar, I'm wearing the same spandex that I was accused of being "too sexual looking" in when a complaint was put in the suggestion box! I wear them because if I just wore shorts, every time I kick (and I kick high) in kickboxing instruction, you'd see my "junk". At least this way I'm "contained". Through the grapevine, apparently it's from a very "religious and conservative" woman who attends my classes.

So your opinion: If I wore that to an instruction class, would you be offended?

BTW, I have no choice but to "cover up" more.

Haha I would be relieved, much better than seeing your junk!

Maybe its because the poor conservative lady was having a tingly feeling and didn't want to get in trouble with the Lord! just kidding, of course, hahaha!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This may be a dumb question but it sounds like you're free-ballin' it... Perhaps you should wear a pair of briefs under shorts... problem solved.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Heh. With all the hotties in there, that might be a problem.
  • blue_lime
    Options
    hahaa that's hilarious!! i think most people would prefer skin tight lycra to see actually SEEING your junk in the FLESH. tell her to build a bridge and get the f over it, it's a gym in 2011, not a church in 1902.
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well, I agree with tdgee... maybe less wood during class.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Well, if you wore some white spandex with taint stains that should avert those sexual predators' eyes from staring at the crotchal area.