I'm too sexual looking...........accusation from a gym membe

Options

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    maybe she got tired of having to go to confession & confess that she gawks at the nether regions of a man other than her husband. SINNER.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    she probably got turned on and felt like she was sinning then felt the need to drop a suggestion for you to change.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I got a warning from my Group Fitness Supervisor today to be aware of my clothing at the gym. In my avatar, I'm wearing the same spandex that I was accused of being "too sexual looking" in when a complaint was put in the suggestion box! I wear them because if I just wore shorts, every time I kick (and I kick high) in kickboxing instruction, you'd see my "junk". At least this way I'm "contained". Through the grapevine, apparently it's from a very "religious and conservative" woman who attends my classes.

So your opinion: If I wore that to an instruction class, would you be offended?

BTW, I have no choice but to "cover up" more.

I'm a Christian & find nothing wrong with what you're wearing.
    maybe she's like my grandmother who attends church that is very "prim & proper" in attitude.
    Holier than thou I guess.
    If I were you, I'd have walked up to her and said, "It didn't seem to bother you enough to quit looking"
    LOL
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    religion has nothing to do with it, I'm religious...she's a bit of a prude.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you are acually covering your crotch, then you must be giving her "thoughts".
  • Zeal8
    Zeal8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    dude, just wear Under-Armour type shorts/boxers with some unrestrictive soccer shorts over it. That's what I'd wear to some of these MMA classes and such.
  • banjjo
    Options
    Doesn't look sexually suggestive to me. Like a couple of other posters suggested, maybe wear a light pair of shorts over what you have on. I also agree with another poster that some people at the gym do come in looking like street walkers. I've seen people wear more sexually suggestive clothes even at the grocery store, especially during the summer!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Maybe its because the poor conservative lady was having a tingly feeling and didn't want to get in trouble with the Lord! just kidding, of course, hahaha!

BWahahahahaa!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    can you wear the spandex and then a loose pair of running shorts over it?
    I've done that. Only problem is that every few kicks, I'm pulling my shorts back up (they slide because of the spandex) and they are kinda hard to pull up with boxing gloves on. I may have no choice depending on whether or not my supervisor tells me that I have to wear shorts.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    maybe she got tired of having to go to confession & confess that she gawks at the nether regions of a man other than her husband. SINNER.

hahaha...yes!

You know you were so turning her on & that's why she complained... I wouldn't be offended if someone were wearing those clothes...

You could be wearing the borat style mankini....:laugh:
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Deleted my post since it's been said over and over again.
    Spandex are work out clothes how is that not appropriate. Tell the lady to stop looking at you as a sexual object.
    I can't lie I'd be flattered. :tongue:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    This may be a dumb question but it sounds like you're free-ballin' it... Perhaps you should wear a pair of briefs under shorts... problem solved.
    Nope, got underwear on underneath.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

:laugh: Fantastic!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    How bout getting a cup?
  • outersoul
    Options
    Is tucking an option? Like Silence of the Lambs style?
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I train customer service all day. In the past I resolved upset customer issues, so let me throw my two cents in as a 'customer service expert.'

I'm sure you've heard you can't please everyone all the time. All you can do is try to comply with the request and I'll second asking for suggested attire, so you're wearing what you were told to. Love that.

My instincts tell me this was a surface complaint and probably has little to do with you and more to do with the person complaining. So even though the complaint was aimed at you, the real complaint may have nothing to do with you.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    OMG(osh)... really? Shorts on top $20 - good idea, truly flashing your junk at her and seeing her face - PRICELESS
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I would get a pair of whitey tighty and write HI! on them in the general location of your junk. Then where those under some running shorts. When you do your kicks and your junk area shows she will only see a friendly greeting. If she complains again you can saw you purchased them on you last trip to HI.
  • banjjo
    Options
    Is tucking an option? Like Silence of the Lambs style?

ROFL! :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    dude, just wear Under-Armour type shorts/boxers with some unrestrictive soccer shorts over it. That's what I'd wear to some of these MMA classes and such.
    I've looked into it. I'm just a cheap *kitten*. $50 bucks for those shorts is a lot to me. I may well just have to go that direction.