I'm too sexual looking...........accusation from a gym membe

Options

Replies

• Dave351
    Dave351 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Next class is Saturday so I'll see if anything happens. I'll be staring her down this weekend!
    So based on a rumor, you plan on intimidating someone who, if its even the right person, is already uncomfortable?

Lawyer or tree hugger? Ninerbuff didn't say he was gonna intimidate anyone. Staring her down? Big freaking deal!! Someone is making a habit of staring at this man's junk then complaining about it!! Who's wrong here? All of us hecklers are the ones talking trash saying do this or that! So say it is the right person...is it wrong to meet force on force? For instance, why should someone be able to take a shot at me and not have to face me and stand by their accusation? Do I not have the right to face my accuser and hold them accountable for their words or actions? What I'm gettin at is that there is a very strong movement in our country towards self-entitlement...among other things. Many believe they have the right to tread on me. In recent years I've seen that people can treat me however they want (typically like crap) and say whatever they want. They are not held accountable for their actions. But if you poke the bear to much he's gonna rear up! So, I rear up to meet force on force and defend myself and all of a sudden your the victim? Just an example but either the twinkies are poisened or there's nuke waste in our drinking water. The mindset of our country is wasting!
  • h82bfat
    Options
    Please know this is in no way intended to criticize the OP. His comment about allowing the supe deal with it was excellent! Sorry you're going through this, BTW. Dragging yourself to the gym is hard enough without additional hoops to jump through.

However, this thread amuses me, there is a whole lot of assumption going on here. We know a complaint was filed. But from there...It was rumored who it may be. It is believed that person is religious. If religious, then the only complaint they could possible have must be related to sexuality. If they have an issue with sexuality, it is only because they are lusting. Because they are lusting they are a hypocrite. Because they engaged in hypocrisy, all their claims are automatically without merit...Woah!

How about this one? If you advise not to stare someone down on a rumor...then you must be a lawyer or tree hugger! I can assure you I'm not an attorney, although I do recycle...so I'll let you be the judge.

I happen to think it is very likely the person who complained is a nut. Ninerbuff said there has only been one and if what he was doing was that outrageous certainly someone else would have come forward. However, the complainer, whoever (s)he is, should always have the freedom to voice their opinion. Admittedly, it would have been better to address one on one first but for whatever reason they did not do that. The problem lies with the management passing it along. They should either dismiss the complaint or provide concrete feedback on how Ninerbuff needs to change.
    But if you poke the bear to much he's gonna rear up!
    You are not a bear. You are a person with a brain who can use logic and reason. Rearing up is inappropriate for anyone past the sage of toddler.
    Do I not have the right to face my accuser and hold them accountable for their words or actions?
    This is not a court of law so no you don't. Had the club told the complainer they had to address it personally, then he would. But this is not the way the management chose to address this situation.
    So, I rear up to meet force on force and defend myself and all of a sudden your the victim?
    This is not about me, so no, I am not a victim. Voicing a complaint, ludicrous as it may be, is not force on force. Neither is staring someone down (that's passive-aggressive.)
    is it wrong to meet force on force?
    No, but it is wrong to intentionally intimidate those we disagree with.

Dave351, I've answered your questions, will you answer mine?
    Ninerbuff didn't say he was gonna intimidate anyone. Staring her down? Big freaking deal!!
    If not for intimidation, then what's the purpose?

Peace!
  • janegeno
    janegeno Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This thread has inspired me to start wearing a cup to the gym and grinning at anyone I catch staring at it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: So she wasn't there today and guess what.................................................no complaints. And it was off the hook today because I did A LOT of intervals and used a lot of knee and elbow strikes during choreography! Many said it was the best class yet!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    The guy I'm dating lives in spandex to run. It keeps things from bouncing and being 'shown'. Same reason women need to wear a sports bra. I'd rather see a man wearing spandex and everything in it's rightfull place than to see things flopping. And this is from someone who runs on a public trail daily. I come across many different types of people. I am always able to tell the noobs from the old pros. The noobs are all decked out and have one pretty shoddy shoes where the old pros have worn in clothes and nice kicks. If this lady still has a problem you can always wear shorts over the spandex...but I personally think you'd get rather hot and sweaty in a certain area. Maybe once she's been going this fitness thing for a while she'll realize that breatheable spandex is the way to go so you don't chafe and sweat to death, lol. Best of luck.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    yet Im sure its fine for some college girl to run around in booty shorts????
  • Dave351
    Options
    Please know this is in no way intended to criticize the OP. His comment about allowing the supe deal with it was excellent! Sorry you're going through this, BTW. Dragging yourself to the gym is hard enough without additional hoops to jump through.

However, this thread amuses me, there is a whole lot of assumption going on here. We know a complaint was filed. But from there...It was rumored who it may be. It is believed that person is religious. If religious, then the only complaint they could possible have must be related to sexuality. If they have an issue with sexuality, it is only because they are lusting. Because they are lusting they are a hypocrite. Because they engaged in hypocrisy, all their claims are automatically without merit...Woah!

How about this one? If you advise not to stare someone down on a rumor...then you must be a lawyer or tree hugger! I can assure you I'm not an attorney, although I do recycle...so I'll let you be the judge.

I happen to think it is very likely the person who complained is a nut. Ninerbuff said there has only been one and if what he was doing was that outrageous certainly someone else would have come forward. However, the complainer, whoever (s)he is, should always have the freedom to voice their opinion. Admittedly, it would have been better to address one on one first but for whatever reason they did not do that. The problem lies with the management passing it along. They should either dismiss the complaint or provide concrete feedback on how Ninerbuff needs to change.
    But if you poke the bear to much he's gonna rear up!
    You are not a bear. You are a person with a brain who can use logic and reason. Rearing up is inappropriate for anyone past the sage of toddler.
    Do I not have the right to face my accuser and hold them accountable for their words or actions?
    This is not a court of law so no you don't. Had the club told the complainer they had to address it personally, then he would. But this is not the way the management chose to address this situation.
    So, I rear up to meet force on force and defend myself and all of a sudden your the victim?
    This is not about me, so no, I am not a victim. Voicing a complaint, ludicrous as it may be, is not force on force. Neither is staring someone down (that's passive-aggressive.)
    is it wrong to meet force on force?
    No, but it is wrong to intentionally intimidate those we disagree with.

Dave351, I've answered your questions, will you answer mine?
    Ninerbuff didn't say he was gonna intimidate anyone. Staring her down? Big freaking deal!!
    If not for intimidation, then what's the purpose?

Peace!

For fun and to weed out the weak!

Semper Fi!!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I would not be offended as long as everything is not "bulging out". I wear compression shorts like that, but I wear shorts over them. I feel too underdressed with just compression shorts alone.
  • h82bfat
    Options

Semper Fi!!

Semper Fi? The U.S. Marine Corps now finds it fun to intimidate the weak? I can't believe that's the attitude of most of the fine people who wear the uniform.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would approach the old lady and do what Adam Sandler did in "You don't mess with the zohan" and just rub your junk against the old lady! :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB_3Old8gvZB-xMivLbA4xBZYc-jhyfj94-bTpS4daHVsxmrZOZf4iVZPF
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If I were you I would approach the old lady and do what Adam Sandler did in "You don't mess with the zohan" and just rub your junk against the old lady! :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB_3Old8gvZB-xMivLbA4xBZYc-jhyfj94-bTpS4daHVsxmrZOZf4iVZPF
    Ahaha! This was a funny movie.
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    wow really, i have seen men and women wear far less clothing. I feel that you actually are very appropriate for the gym!

Thery are just hatin' on you, lmao
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    my opionion is no man should be wearing spandex. ever............

i mean seriously, do you want to be more aerodynamic or something? try a pair of butt hugers and a regular pair of shorts man.
  • Dave351
    Options

Semper Fi!!

Semper Fi? The U.S. Marine Corps now finds it fun to intimidate the weak? I can't believe that's the attitude of most of the fine people who wear the uniform.

...in those days intimidation was the greatest tool the drill instructor had.
    R. Lee Ermey

Hahahahaha! Ya got me there h82bfat!!! I offer my sincerest apologies for aggrevating your sensibilities or your tree hugger status. Whichever the case may be! Was just going to move on, but, you're persistent! I fear you toss around your "belief" of "THE uniform" without having much knowledge of it. Maybe "A" uniform but not "THE" uniform.

Sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States...Protect this country against all enemies foreign and domestic...God, Country, Corps. Yup, the weak are certainly in there and I have spent nearly the past 30 years of my life protecting them on 3 continents (4 if you count exercises/intimidation against N. Korea) in 3 armed conflicts. I figured a smart comment deserved one in kind. You jumped straight to questioning the Marine Corps. When you wrote "Peace" I pictured a balding middle aged guy sittin around in his skivvies, smoking dope and eating twinkies...but I didn't voice that. Peace and Semper Fi seemed like 2 stellar opposites to me.

I do not speak for the Marine Corps as you so boldly assume. I will say that thru your comments there is much you do not know about it. As with all special military units (as well as the Marines) the weak are weeded out. They are usually sent to be IT people or admin folks. Our country intimidates the rest of the world every day, but not within it's own borders! Well, that's not true. Gangs and the police use violence and intimidation as a tool everyday (generally speaking)!

OK, I'm so over being butt hurt about your Marine comment. Rest assured they are a group of outstanding, hard charging and highly motivated individuals and that I am the *kitten* here!

Yes h82bfat, i can reason. I can use logic. I can use these tools to resolve issues. However, cross me and I am very much a bear...and not in the sexual meaning of that word. :) Threaten my family, threaten the money, food, or shelter that I provide for my family and you will see what "Teufel Hunden" really means. That's not a threat against you so dont go running for the moderator! :) Ninerbuff has been an instructor for a long time. Not to slam him but he's probably been wearing the same type gear for a long time as well. Never been a problem...til now. You're right, management did the right thing...absolutely! Not saying that it's right but if someone attacked me verbally or physically I would not roll over. I would unleash hell! I think that I have earned the right to wear a thong to the gym if I so desire-not that I would! If someone finds it offensive then they should approach me and express that. Is it not passive aggressive, OR, more accurately, obstructionism to attack my choice of gym wear (when it's never been an issue) by complaining to my boss by whatever vehicle or program instead of just saying, "Ahhh, do ya think you can cover your junk up?" It used to be that if someone had a problem with someone else they would either not have anything to do with them or they would express their dissatisfaction to that individual. Now a days a lot of folks feel entitled to say something from afar, or thru the net, or from the safety of a program. They use these vehicles to attack someone's professionalism or credibility without ever trying to deal with an issue on the lowest possible level. It has nothing to do with a court of law. If the means by which I provide for myself and my family are being threatened then I believe that I have every right to know who is doing me harm. But I realize that our country has moved away from that towards something more along the lines of "I can say and do anything I want to you without penality or accountability. I can seek to destroy your life, credibility or reputation without you ever knowing who I am."
  • ninerbuff
    Options

i mean seriously, do you want to be more aerodynamic or something? try a pair of butt hugers and a regular pair of shorts man.
    Good thing is that your opinion isn't as valuable to me as you think it is. Thanks of looking though.
  • lakersfan4life
    Options

Good thing is that your opinion isn't as valuable to me as you think it is. Thanks of looking though.

thats pretty obvious by your choice in gym wear.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Women like it. I'm not trying to attract your attention.:wink:
  • lakersfan4life
    Options

Women like it. I'm not trying to attract your attention.:wink:

well now why you gotta go and ruin my day

im truly dissappointed
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    well now why you gotta go and ruin my day

im truly dissappointed
    Sorry. You need me to blow you a kiss?:flowerforyou:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You fellas want me to get a ruler so you can settle this?