Right age to get married??

Options
haha what is your opinion??

I personally think it depends on individuals.... for me....right age would be around 27 when I've grown career wise.....

I'm 23 years old and marriage is the last thing on my mind!! I want to do so much before I want to think about nappies and screaming babies!!! I want to get myself ahead in my career and travel the world...perhaps do doctors without borders in Nigeria and go party in Ibiza!!! When I see people my age with 3 kids who are like 6 years old I can’t help but wonder....why people get hitched so young??

It depends on individuals ofcourse. But help me understand it.....None of my friends my age are married....but a lot of people on here seem to be married at a very young age from what I’ve noticed!! So maybe you guys will help me gain an insight into the situation!

:D

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    over 24 is good.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on a few factors (i.e. length of the relationship) but I would say between 24 and 50, or even older, would be a good depending on their circumstances.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. The right age for me to get married will be dead years old.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 19, and I know it's a little silly, but I'm waiting for him to pop the question. However, I could also see myself in a long (year or more) engagement.

I know that I love the man I'm with enough to marry him this instant, or wait 5 years. I highly doubt that will change over time (call me naive, sure.)
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and can't imagine getting married, I wouldn't be able to deal with that commitment. I always find it strange seeing people I went to school with married.

I think any age over 26 would be ok for me. I guess for some people it's different, it's a matter of opinion.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I got married right before my 23rd birthday. Age was irrelevant. We knew we were going to eventually get married. Already living together, had begun our careers, made decent mula, and I have this big white gown... so what the hey!
  • abbie017
    Options
    I'm 23, and ready to get married. I've finished college, I'm in grad school part-time, I have a career, and more importantly, I live with the man I know without a shadow of a doubt that I want to spend the rest of my life with. I don't think it's age, it's when you're prepared. Some people never are, and some are at 18. When you find the right person, you know.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    as a 23 year old divorceé i consider myself the example of what NOT to do. just saying.
  • rfcollins33
    Options
    I was 25, but definitely agree it depends on the person. Some people are happy with their jobs and make enough money for them without college or grad school. But, with some people whose fulfillment depends on their education and career, completing school would be important. Sometimes other circumstances come in to play, kinda like me with my husband being in Army. But anyway, it definitely depends on the individual.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    When you have it all together responsibility wise. My sons are 23 and 21 and i can't see them getting married anytime soon. I was married at 21. If I had to do it all over again I would've waited several more decades..oops I mean years =)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My plan was to get married at 25 but I got married at 21 and my husband then was 19 (he was 2 months shy of 20 and he was in the Army at the time). To us it felt right to get married at that point in our lives. I'm 29 years old now with 3 handsome little boys. My parents were both 21 when they got married.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I think a good age to marry is 95. By 95 I won't much care what happens to me and anything will be better than death, even marriage. But until then, I'd rather have my toenails pulled out by a rabid dog tyvm
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    P.S.: Marriage doesn't mean babies for everyone. :) And certainly not immediately. It always boggled my mind how people get married and instantly pop out kiddos. Don't you want to enjoy your marriage, kid-free, for at LEAST a year or two?
  • rfcollins33
    Options
    I'm 23, and ready to get married. I've finished college, I'm in grad school part-time, I have a career, and more importantly, I live with the man I know without a shadow of a doubt that I want to spend the rest of my life with. I don't think it's age, it's when you're prepared. Some people never are, and some are at 18. When you find the right person, you know.

yeah.....exactly. lol
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    NEVER

unless you really want to have kids. thats the only good reason i see for anyone to get married
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think around 25. But then again I want to have at least my first child before 30. I had a young mom and i fear being an "old" mom... but that is what I think for me personally.
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    i got married at the age of 23 yrs old.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I got married at 21 , had 2 great kids and now im 43, my kids are grown up and I go and do all those things you want to do before you want kids, I would personaly would hate to be 50+ years old with teenagers, I love my life, living it to the max and im still young enough to enjoy it.

Wouldnt change a thing

Stu
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Ummm....I would advise 25+ for women and only when you meet the right person and not until then. People don't really even know who they are until post 25 years old. Yeah, there are always going to be exceptions but they aren't the rule.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    NEVER

unless you really want to have kids. thats the only good reason i see for a man to get married
    Amen (except, you know... for women too)