Round 3, Fit-n-Trim to Win (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm so not a morning person...and I have to leave the house before 6:50. Ugh.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I learned to be a morning person when I was waking up at 3:30 to be to work by 4:30 - assistant cake decorator- did it for 6 months

Then became cake decorator and got up at 5:30 for work at 6:30.... it got a lil better lol.. did that 6 months... only took a year and now my arms to my fingers are shot lol...

Now I hate mornings again.
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I exercise like that every day. I am thankfully self employed and work from home and can arrange my schedule however, and when I started being healthy a couple years ago, I became exercise addicted! I usually run, but having hip problems the last couple of weeks, so I have been doing alot of turbo kickboxing and elliptical for my cardio exercise. I am also in the Chalean extreme weight lifting program, which I do 5 times a week... I exercise in the morning and the evening. i wear a body bugg and I tend to burn about 3200-3300 calories in total a day, and eat less than 2000, hopefully around 1500 a day. but... alas it only minorly helps with the weight loss. My body is now very efficient at calorie management with my exercise. Its quite a struggle! I go up and down 10 lbs most all the time... so my measly drops are important for me.

But I do love to exercise!! LOL
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Yesterday only 5 minutes of exercise... another challenge has me doing random sets of stuff, I did 80 squats and 30 push-ups! My thighs are pretty sore today but I did go for a 40 minute walk. Not sure where I'm at calorie wise but I've got 100 minute of exercise so far :bigsmile:
  • RonBo123
    RonBo123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cathy:

i too have hip issues and find the Eliptical my best training machine. I try to do 30 minutes per day at least. What is a Body Bugg? it sounds like it helps burn the calories.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, 55 minutes walking crazy border collie, 364 calories
    Thursday, 32 minutes, 238 calories, W1D2 of C25K
    Friday, nada dang thing, massive hangover

Total 87/180 minutes, 602/1800 calories

Tomorrow, I def have to step up my game....
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I liked the eliptical but found my toes would start to go numb..

F/V today- much better than yesterday.. lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red pepper, eggplant

No exercise again today... :ohwell:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    another 30 minutes today, not real high intensity though - up to 90.

Cathy, those are some heavy duty workouts! I could say "wish I had the time" but that would be a lie because if I had the time I would lay around and read a book. :bigsmile: I need to find some exercise I can do laying in my bed. (nah, not the obvious either as I still just lay there....hahahahha)
  • catjrow3
    Options
    Cathy:

i too have hip issues and find the Eliptical my best training machine. I try to do 30 minutes per day at least. What is a Body Bugg? it sounds like it helps burn the calories.
    Ronbo, its like they wear on the biggest loser? It keeps count of the calories I burn, how many steps I take, how well I sleep, how much is high intensity exercise, how much is moderate, etc... it tells me my overall calorie burned count for the day. It does not help me to lose weight as such, but gives me a real idea of how much I truly burn when I exercise, etc. The machine calculators are never right, and over estimate alot... so this is closer, but still probably not 100% right!! I dont prefer the elliptical, but cannot be helped right now until I can run again. I burn more calories and sweat more running!! LOL
  • catjrow3
    Options
    another 30 minutes today, not real high intensity though - up to 90.

Cathy, those are some heavy duty workouts! I could say "wish I had the time" but that would be a lie because if I had the time I would lay around and read a book. :bigsmile: I need to find some exercise I can do laying in my bed. (nah, not the obvious either as I still just lay there....hahahahha)

Debbie, fun huh, I am the opposite, hate laying around, get bored very easy. A body in motion, tends to stay in motion... Its my mantra. IF only it helped my loss more!! LOL ... BTW...that was entirely too "visual"... LOL
  • catjrow3
    Options
    Todays exercise total was 875 calories with weight lifting and 20 minutes turbo this morning and 50 minutes elliptical tonight. Hope you all had a good friday!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I liked the eliptical but found my toes would start to go numb..

Your shoes are too tight...loosen them up
  • catjrow3
    Options
    Or.. I found out that you can put something under your heels and raise them and it will stop your feet going to sleep. I actually bought an ellptical for home that raises the back of the pedals and it helps your feet not go numb!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Another 30 minutes this morning... I'm at 130 minutes, still have to calculate my calories though:grumble: Not sure when i'll get around to that. I have to go watch my son kick some butt again in football. His team has won 2 outta 3 games and the one he lost was only by 1 point! This is his first year so its super exciting to see how well he is doing. We might go swimming a little later too:bigsmile:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: 76 minutes/558 calories
    Thursday: 92 minutes/773 calories
    Friday: 45 minutes/180 calories
    Saturday: 55 minutes/610 calories

Total: 268/180 minutes and 2121/1800 calories

Just wanted to pop inand say hi! Hope you' re all having a great weekend!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    burned 232 calories doing 30 minutes of cardio
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Nice going Sara!

Kasi, I think it was count the minutes or calories, you don't have to do both but can if you want.

Another 30 minutes today for a total of 120 minutes. Plus about 2 hours mall walking. I am so discouraged, I find nice cute tops to wear on my cruise but they are too tight around my fat belly. Everything else is in proportion but this belly is killing me. I need a good sucker inner garment for the belly, any recomendations? I looked at the Kymaro but it got pretty bad reviews.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I did 140 minutes today for 541 calories. A quick clean of the house and then hiking while carrying my daughter about 1/2 of the time. :smile: I have almost 941 calories for the day and I'm not crazy hungry so I'm hoping I lose by next week so I'm in contention to come back for the second chance round.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Kim, sadly I don't think it was my shoes.. I wore 2 different pair and it always happened.. maybe since there was like a tread on the foot part of the eliptical?

Cathy that would have been something to try!..... I sold the eliptical 2 weeks ago, lol... one less thing to move cross country..

Sara lalalalooove the new pic! ME-OW love the sweater!!

F/V for today tomato, lettuce, cucumber, orange, sprouts (is that a veg?), apple

Exercise: Wed 26/123
    Sat 76/386 Total: 102/509 Looks like I need a nice long walk tomorrow! lol
  • catjrow3
    Options
    My exercise for SAturday was 1132 calories burned, 50 minutes of taebo in the morning and 10 minutes on the TM (was trying to run again, but no luck really) and then 50 minutes on the elliptical at night. Have a great Sunday everyone!