Ladies Who have had Children! Tummy Pouch Before and Afters,

Options

Replies

• denisechatt
    Options
    Look into the Tupler Technique. It's an exercise you can do to "grow" your muscle's back together. You wear a brace around your waist until your muscles are healed. It's a lot of work on your part, but it's much cheaper (and safer) than a Tummy Tuck. Send me a message if you want more info... I haven't completed it, but I went to a class about it. People have had amazing results! GREAT information though...you can also you tube it....
  • crystaldkelley
    Options
    Thanks souch for the post!!! I have ALOT of weight to lose and want you to know you inspired me!!! YOU LOOK AMMMMMMAZINGGGG!!!! All mothers who have stretch marks (i do) are only tigers who have eared their stripes!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    hello, I have no pictures to post in that area but i certainly know what you are talking about. I am 45 years old with 3 children and I wanted to be honest with you in my reply and experiences.

It is not going away over night. It certainly did not get there overnight! smile....

sounds like you are doing all the right things but remember our bodies go through a lot of stresses to get pregnant and maintain the pregnancy along with all of our other functions following suit to keep us balanced and healthy.

The pouch can of course get a little firmer but it takes time and a consistent form of lower back and tummy exercises. Have you tried water aerobics? this area is our lower pelvic and stomach muscles they need to be "worked" but because our bodies and muscle tone are so different just keep doing what you do. You are beautiful and healthy....and you are woman! Remember it is the muscle underneath the fat that needs to be addressed also

The easiest way and cheapest I have found to disguise this little pouch is to wear underwear that come up to navel which allows for a smooth look under blouses, sweaters or t-shirts....smile!. The elasticity of our skin varies from one to the other. just be patient, It will happen.

Good luck

I am glad you mentioned water aerobics. Many do not realize how great it is for core strengthening. It has really helped my stomach. I started with it and planned to go on but I find it still helps especially the core. I am not anywhere near goal weight. How ever I have found that as I lose my skin has shrunk with me. I had 2 c-sections and a ectopic pregnancy so no I am not there yet and may not ever be flat but I am not giving up yet since I have lost so much of my belly so far. I now run and sometimes do zumba and cardio machines and weight training but I still do aquafit. Of course it depends on the teacher.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Here I am at 39 weeks with baby #2. I was 120 pounds when I got pregnant and was about 178 here (gave birth a couple of days later). The second picture is of me now (he's 8 but I lost all of my weight by the time he was 18 months). However my stomach looks much better now than ever due to the weight training. I do mostly heavy weights and little cardio. I just watch my diet and workout 4-5 times a week for about 45 minutes. I weigh 110 now.

39wks.jpg

belly.jpg

beautiful..good for you...I'd love to have a stomach like that :/ do you go to the gym or work out at home?
  • astrasburger
    astrasburger Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 1/2 year old and 1 year old twins...c-section for that birth. i think the key is diet and strength training. I've joined the site for motivation to firm things up. My stomach is soft with some stretch marks, but i have nothing that working out won't take care of...my chest on the other hand is another story....nursing twins pretty much ruined that:)
  • Koketa0510
    Options
    bump.
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134
    Options
    Simply Awesome!!

I have an 8 month old and I was huge when my due date came around (9.5lb baby). I didn't start working out until he was just over 6 months old. I have only lost 11 pounds but more importantly inches around my waist. I still have another 30 pounds I want to lose (the weight I put on after getting married).

40 weeks pregnant
    vxhr9.jpg

July 18, 2011
    33m4ba1.jpg

This past Monday
    315bog7.jpg
    [/quote]
  • Sandwiches5000
    Options
    damn. okay. maybe i can have kids. lol... after seeing some of these people who are obviously in great shape! good work, ladies.
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    wow ladies, thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • davallone1190
    Options
    You look incredible! Great job!!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Anyone used cocoa butter or some other natural moisturizer during pregnancy for stretch marks etc? I'm alternating between cocoa butter and a natural oil (nuts and such) daily. I'm 5 months preg and have yet to really bulge out so it'll be some time until I see whether there's truth to keeping the stomach moisturized or it's just bs...
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    ab-1.jpg

I don't have any before pictures on this computer, but this stomach looks almost pre-pregnancy....I'm pretty proud. :happy: I have 2 children (7yo and 3.5yo) I gained roughly 35lbs with both. I also had a miscarriage before #2 and never lost the 12lbs that I gained with that one - so I guess technically I was up 47lbs with #2.
    A lot of leg lifts, crunches, side bends, and cardio! When I bend over, there is still skin - and I don't think that will ever go away. :( But standing....its not so bad anymore.

Good luck!!

PS. I am 5'9" @ 139lbs
  • laurathehora
    Options
    Funny! I was JUST about to start a thread about post-baby pouches. The problem may not be the pouch, but Diastis Recti. I had it with my first pregnancy, had a tiny pouch (Could usually "tuck in" with pants and bikini bottoms, as long as I didn't bend over! lol) but this second one was just plain painful and horrible. Apparently, the problem is the actual ab muscles separating -

http://www.momaroo.com/758365915/rehabilitation-of-my-abs-post-baby/

The fix calls for The Tupler Rehab method. Crunches make the pouch WORSE!

Very very interesting!

(You know you had it in pregnancy if you went to sit up and your belly formed a ridge. You can also feel the damage post-partum by laying flat, sitting up and feeling the space between your abs right above and right under your belly button!)
  • laurathehora
    Options
    And found this:

What TO do:

Do belly breathing. When you breathe, feel your lower belly expand, and when you exhale, let your lower tummy come all the way back. Do not forcefully puch your upper abdomen out while doing belly breathing.

Practice perfect posture as much as possible. Squat or bend at the knees to lift things or babies.

Carry your baby on your hip or back and try to maintain good paosture when you do (this is one of the hardest things for me.)

When breastfeeding, don't slouch to get breast to baby. Prop baby higher with pillows, or lie down next to baby to nurse.

Do belly dancing exercises. Stand with your knees bent, legs apart at hip distance, and your hands resting on your thighs so you're bent over a little but your back is nice and straight. Now pull your pubic bone towards your belly button to stretch your lower back. Hold for a count of five, the release to a flat back position. Do 10 tilts at a time, at least once a day.

Do abdominal work:

Seated Tupler Technique: If you are holding your baby properly, you can do this one while breastfeeding. Remember, pillow(s) under baby, bring him/her up to you, rather than bringing your breast down to them-- no bending! You need to be sitting for this exercise. Crosslegged with back against a wall, or in a chair where your thighs and buttocks are totally supported. The seat should be firm but comfortable. Sit with your butt touching the back of the chair. There are two parts to the Tupler Technique: Elevators, and Contractions. If you are breastfeeding, she suggests switching exercises halfway through when you switch breasts.

Part one, Elevators: sit as described. Place your hands on your tummy, one above the belly button, one below. Take a belly breath and expand tummy to floor one. (Floor 1 is all the way out, floor 5 feels like your tummy is touching your spine, floor six you try to push your tummy outside your back or something. ) Then bring your bellybutton back toward your spine-- floor 5. Imagine your ribs coming together. Hold for 30 counts but count outloud so you know you're still breathing. Then pull your tummy back even further to 6 for a little squeeze, and count as you do 5 of these squeezes, and release. Do a full, deep belly breath. Whew. Do ten sets of these every day.

Part two, Contractions: sit as above. Place hands in the same position, above and below bellybutton. This is so you can feel that both top and bottom are moving backward.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/669557/tupler-technique-plus-kegels-lose-your-mummy-tummy-tribe
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Here I am at 39 weeks with baby #2. I was 120 pounds when I got pregnant and was about 178 here (gave birth a couple of days later). The second picture is of me now (he's 8 but I lost all of my weight by the time he was 18 months). However my stomach looks much better now than ever due to the weight training. I do mostly heavy weights and little cardio. I just watch my diet and workout 4-5 times a week for about 45 minutes. I weigh 110 now.

39wks.jpg

belly.jpg

beautiful..good for you...I'd love to have a stomach like that :/ do you go to the gym or work out at home?

I do both! I go to the gym when I want to do a variety of weight training, but I have some dumbbells and a 45lb barbell at home so I do some stuff here...mostly Tabata training - look it up, it is a great way to train!
  • kdiamond
    Options
    I gained 90 lbs the year of my pregnancy. (25 before and 65 during) the first pic was 2 months postpartum and the second is 7 months postpartum. I was 200 lbs the day I went into labor (I'm only 5'4 and such rapid weight gain in a year left me with sooo many stretch marks). The first picture I weighed about 160 and the second I am about 128. I had an emergency c section. The pooch is still there a little and I have weird loose skin and stretch marks still but LOTS and LOTS of core work has minimized the problem a lot!
    5dc6b980.jpg

You look great!! Good job!
  • kdiamond
    Options
    Me at 39 weeks, my son was born about 12 days later on Dec, 11, 2010
    Week-39.jpg

This is me 13 months later (last week)
    414143_849868010919_38807492_37917134_1977510837_o.jpg

WOW awesome results!
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Someone should sticky this thread - ha! Some amazing looking bods in here and it gives me hope. Much like the OP, I have that little overhang (hangs EXACTLY where my c-section scar is) that I've been worried won't ever go away!
  • heather_9931
    Options
    BUMP
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!