Scale Smashers Support (closed thread)

Options

Replies

• losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yay Jessica! Glad you're "home"!

Sorry ladies but I'm probably out this week. The meds are throwing my body and head for a loop :( So far the flare up is easing up but in every other way I feel worse!

I saw a two pound gain this mornng - but I checked later in the morning before Joe Nursed - I usually weigh in right after a pump right in the morning. We'll see.

Sorry :(
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    How exciting Jessica! Don't feel for ya moving upstairs though. I did that once and hated it! I don't even like taking my stuff upstairs when we stay in motels for a weekend let alone taking up your entire home! Great work out though:wink:

Robin and Anne, lets just think positive. Scale Smashers are gonna win the weigh-in and we won't have to eliminate anyone. I was down about a pound this morning but I was also puking my guts out after a little too much Halloween celebration yesterday:sick: I feel 140's coming soon for me though... oh what a happy day that'll be!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    How exciting Jessica! Don't feel for ya moving upstairs though. I did that once and hated it! I don't even like taking my stuff upstairs when we stay in motels for a weekend let alone taking up your entire home! Great work out though:wink:

Robin and Anne, lets just think positive. Scale Smashers are gonna win the weigh-in and we won't have to eliminate anyone. I was down about a pound this morning but I was also puking my guts out after a little too much Halloween celebration yesterday:sick: I feel 140's coming soon for me though... oh what a happy day that'll be!

So true Kasi! I will be positive, there is no way I want to be eliminated next week. I CAN get into the 130s on these meds....I just have to try extra hard now.

Thanks for the reminder - and hope you're feeling better today!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in on the new thread for my new group! Hi to everyone!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cathy! I think you'll be a great work out motivater for us, I know for me for sure!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hi Cathy :happy:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    welcome cathy. ok so the scale has creeped back a little ( i get so puffy when I fly) but I am really going to struggle this week. Vegas to a baby shower and then spending 3 full days with my daughter. (she lives in Vegas) I will not eat well and then I fly home on tuesday so the wednesday morning weigh could be problematic in its own right. Oh well, I will do the best I can.
  • catjrow3
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome ladies! Glad to be "back in the game"... I love to exercise, I think I became a bit addicted to it when I started 3 years ago on losing weight. I have never lost that love. I unfortunately right now, cannot run... which is my major love! My hip hurts when I do it.. I can walk, do turbo kick etc.. but the running... bleh... I still try though, so sometimes I will to see if I can again or not.. but either way, I usually exercise every day for sure...

Hopefully I will catch on to everyone, as you all have been together for a bit. A little bit about me... I am 40 (41 in a couple weeks..grrr ...LOL) I live in Colorado. I have 3 kids. My girls are both grown and out of the house already and my son is 15.5 at home still. I am self employed, work from home with my own ecommerce doll supply company and I am a sculptor. I sculpt newborn size babies from polymer clay.... I have 3 other babies... my Saint Bernards. They are just like my children as well. A girl, oldest and mini size for a saint, she is 8 and is about 90 lbs. A male, age 6, about 160 lbs, and a male, our big spoiled worse than ever baby, 3 years old and over 200 lbs. He is our $15,000 dollar dog. He has so many problems and has cost us a fortune, but he is part of the family and we love him. I topped 240 lbs in 2008 a year after stopping smoking and was disgusted with myself and finally started doing something about it. I love 80 lbs pretty quickly in the first 6-7 months probably, and have been floundering for the rest ever since. My body really likes 150... I dont.....

So thats me... basically! Glad to be on board with you all!! Lets hope for a great week!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Welcome Cat! I have a 15 year old girl... fun age:tongue: I also have a cat who I thought was pretty expensive but doesn't even compare to your dog (he is $600). My husband was pretty upset that I spent so much money on a cat but he is part of the family! As much as he complains I know he loves my Monster cause he cuddles him as much as I do!

So, I'm thinking I was just holding water weight cause I have a weekly weigh-in for another challenge on Fridays and I weigh the same this week as last... 152.8. That is down .4 from wednesday so if I could just hold on to that and lose some more I will be set and I for one (as long as I stay safe) will share my weight to keep our team safe. I need you guys more than I need an advantage:heart:
  • catjrow3
    Options
    Kasi, I hear you about part of the family. Our poor dog, he was diagnosed with severe hip dysplasia first at 3 months. Then by a year old, he had a torn "ACL" (closest explanation to our injury) and had to have surgery to put steel and 7 screws up and down his leg. ($8000 surgery) then physical therapy every week (69 a pop) and medications up the wazoo!! and then a year ago, the other knee went, another surgery (discounted to 6500) and more PT!! he is on so many medicines, poor guy! but yeah, we could not ignore his pain, and so... we paid and paid!! But hopefully he will be as good as he can get now for the rest of his life with normal "dog" bills... I miss my cat too! I used to have a fur ball orange tabby, with long fur... but my son is highly allergic to cats..
    :-( 15 year old girls... hmmm... not so fun!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I couldn't imagine my dog in so much pain! I'm sorry to hear all of that. We have a 2 year old Boxer and thank goodness we haven't experienced any health issue (knock on wood). My $600 cat spends most of his time outdoors and decided to get in a fight with something that gave him a giant absess on his face. That thing ruptured and he had a huge open wound exposing his entire check muscle! Pretty gross but it's healed up pretty good... his fur grows a little funny on that side of his face but he's doing okay now.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Wow- VERY expensive pets... I had quite a few growing up but we've been lucky with our present. We'll see if that changes since we put a dog with 2 cats lol.

Super yay- MIL told me she just added us to her Y membership!!! I have a feeling hubs will either NOT want to find a job after we start going, OR he'll get one asap bahahahaha. Total plus- FREE childcare!!!

I must admit I haven't really exercised in over a week with the move, but I'd like to think the constant moving of packing and unpacking has helped- I literally feel thinner even if it's not visible. I'm in charge of dinner too so that helps me push the veggies and healthier ways of cooking lol. I've done very well with limiting my carbs/gluten too- they buy the ickiest white bread for grandpa so I tried one bite and was like- well it sucks but doesn't at the same lol.

Off to finish cleaning- it looks so nice!

Happy weekend team!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    How we doin team!?!?! Awefully quiet!
  • faithikins
    Options
    Trying to do some last minute saving after camping. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    How was it Faith?

I really messed myself up this weekend too and I'm hoping if I get rehydrated I'll balance myself back out. I was down until this morning and now I'm way up. I did eat dinner super late though so I'm hoping that is part of the problem:grumble:
  • catjrow3
    Options
    I am doing well, hopefully will be in for a loss on Wednesday morning!! I hope i did not scare anyone off with my pet posting and such... ... :-)
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Morning all! Welcome Cathy :)

I have two labs myself - father and son. (11 and 4) We'd do anything for them too!

SO - I am FINALLY BETTER! I think its all gone? One month and tons of docs and meds later....and I woke up feeling great. (AND thats with less than normal sleep bc kids don't recognize Daylight Savings Time) WOOOHOOOO!!!! So plan is - I WILL TRACK my food today - I will run today. AND I will pray for a maintain tomorrow. Not so sure about it though ladies. I am pretty certain even with my advantage that I will be gone tomorrow. We'll see.

Jessica I am sooo happy you are loving the move :)

Faith how was camping?
  • faithikins
    Options
    Camping was excellent, really relaxing. Beach and the weather was beautiful. :smile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am exhausted and all airplane puffy. I am worried.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Keep your fingers crossed ladies... We basically just need to stay above .4 to stay in. I wonder if there will be an elimination after the people under .4 are out.... I don't think Kim mentioned that:ohwell:

Start guzzling water ladies and early dinners might be helpful:bigsmile: Good Luck Friends:flowerforyou: :heart: