Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The New "No more late night snacks challenge"

Replies

• finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    I just did my weekly weigh in.....I lost 4 more pounds!!! I'm so happy!!!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    imprettyamazing, you can defintiely join. Newcomers are always welcome.:happy:
    Finallyproud, way to go!!! 4 pounds lost is a lot! You're inspiring me to stick with this. Tonight will be my Day 2 again.
  • great. i think my cut off time will be 7.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Day three down going for day four tonight! As for the next couple of days im going to probably adjust cut off time. Hubby and i are going for a little trip. I dont have to worry about excersise cause were going to a place with forests and waterfalls so theres lots of places to walk.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Day three down going for day four tonight! As for the next couple of days im going to probably adjust cut off time. Hubby and i are going for a little trip. I dont have to worry about excersise cause were going to a place with forests and waterfalls so theres lots of places to walk.

kirstina, I am proud of you! :flowerforyou:
    Have fun - I LOVE waterfalls! Enjoy every minute of it - the fresh air and the nature!

As for me, I'm thinking of setting a counter for how many times I started anew, full of hope and determination. :ohwell: Today's yet another new start! :glasses:

imprettyamazing, awesome collection of Tiziano's pics. He's pretty good looking, I agree :wink: .
  • zaza54
    kirstina, great job. Have a wonderful vacation. Sounds beautiful. I love waterfalls too. You can tell us all about it when you return.
    dewpearl, I know how you feel. You'll get there. You were the leader once before so you know it can be done. By the way, who is Tiziano?
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    imprettyamazing... Of course you can join us!!! It's for anyone who has to struggle with food b-fore bed.

Kristina - Great job!

Zaza and Dew, Thanks or the encouragement and support!

I did make it again!

It was a good thing I set my cut off so early.... our designated driver started drinking.... and well, I got stuck taking everyone home... It was still fun though even though from 6-10 I only had 3 drinks and some food I am not proud of, I stayed til 2 drinking diet cokes and water. Not to mention all the dancing... I even had a young 20 something hit on me! I think I shocked him when I told him I was 32, married AND have 3 kids. He didn't say much to me after that, but he did buy me a drink. It was fun!

Yesterday however, was not fun... I had to go pick up one of my gal pal's and the roads by her house are solid snow and ice... my wheels were turned to the right, but I went straight.... right into a ditch and hit a snowbank and a sign. That was my first "accident" in 15+ years.... My brother came to my rescue though. My bumper needs to be replaced, but that's ok.

Last night I went to bed at 6:30 (because I was so upset with myself), I didn't even have dinner.
  • zaza54
    Wanda, great job last night. Wasn't that encouraging - to get hit on by a younger man?! I was sorry, tho, to hear about the accident. Glad you're OK even if your bumper isn't.
    Only a few more days left in Jan. - I think you're going to be the challenge winner.
    Anyone else able to tie or beat Wanda's record? If you were with us from the beginning and had no sli-ups, you'd be at 22 days tonight. I wish!! I'm only at Day 3 tonight.
  • finallyproud
    I made it thru night 3. I was wanting something pretty bad, but downed a glass of water instead. Great job everyone! :flowerforyou: It's just like they say sometimes you have to take baby steps. By the way who is "they"? Lol!!:laugh:
  • dewpearl
    By the way, who is Tiziano?

He's an Italian latin pop singer. Tiziano Ferro. As I was google-ing for him I noticed we share the birthday :noway: (same day, same month, same year, just not the same town :laugh: ). Wooow :smile:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    ok so im not going to make day four :grumble:
  • day 1 down! woot! this is exciting, you guys.
    yeah. tiziano's a wonderful italian singer.... but he does sing a few pretty amazing songs in english too. =D
  • finallyproud
    Made it threw night four...barely.:ohwell:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Totally getting in on this. Late night snacks have been KILLING me.
  • finallyproud
    Made it thru night five..no snacks after 9:30:bigsmile:
  • zaza54
    finallyproud, that is great news!!!:flowerforyou:
    I'm afraid I had another little slip-up. :grumble: We took our son and nephew out to dinner in NYC for restaurant week. (Forget calorie counting - dessert was included in the 3 course meal and it was great) We were home by my cut-off time, but I was so thirsty I couldn't resist having some coke. This has been my downfall almost every time I've gone past my cut-off time. Nothing quenches my thirst like a real coke. I don't drink the whole thing, but it's still more calories.
    I'm never going to win this challenge next month if I don't come up with a non-caloric alternative (I hate diet drinks).:sad:
    Good luck to eveyone else who's just joining or sticking with the challenge.
    Wanda, how many days are you up to? Dewpearl, what about you?
    Zaza
  • dewpearl
    Dewpearl, what about you?

I'm taking a break till Feb. Hope to be back from So on.
  • LifeChanges42
    Well..... the sad horrible truth is I am back to day one :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :grumble: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    I was out running errands all day. Had one sick 3 yr old and when I took her to the Doctor they sent me up to the hospital with her for IV fluids.... So when I got home at 9:00 I made myself some supper... I was SOOOO hungry. I had nothing to eat from 11 am until 9:30 pm. So I ate my high fiber wrap and headed to the gym and had a diet coke with my workout buddy afterwards just to blow some steam and straighten things out in my head. I got home at 12:30 am and went to bed at 2:30. I didn't eat after I had my supper so late, but I did have a diet coke.
    That's ok though... I am proud for making it 16 days I believe... I had to look back.
    I will make tonight night 1 (again).
  • zaza54
    Wanda, last night doesn't count. That wasn't a snack - it was dinner. You're allowed a later cut-off for special or week-end evenings out and for extraordinary nights like last night. Since a diet soda doesn't have calories - that didn't count either. So, as far as I'm concerned you are not back to Day 1. I think you're still the leader.:happy:
    How is your little one? An IV is not fun, either is hanging out in the hospital.
  • LifeChanges42
    My girl seems to be holding her own right now... She doesn't want to lay down to take a nap.... I think she is afraid of tossing her cookies in her crib again..... I don't think I have ever done so much laundry!

I guess I didn't intake any calories for almost 5 hours before I went to bed... I guess it was definitely an abnormal day all day yesterday.

If you think I should count it then last night was night 17... and I guess I will continue counting with tonight being night 18.
This discussion has been closed.