50+ Women

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I just had to post this morning because I'm in such a good mood. I've been doing pretty lousy the past week or two but somehow managed not to gain any weight. other than 6 ounces. This morning I weighed even though it's not my official weigh in until Thursday and I'm at my one pound weight loss goal I had set for myself for the past two weeks. :happy: I'm at 147.0 this morning. Hopefully on Thursday I'll still be at 147.0 or less. :happy:

Also my size 12 eased fit jeans won't stay up. :noway: When I went to the bathroom I decided to see if I could pull them down without unfastening them and I could! :bigsmile: That's probably because I have no butt to keep them up anymore since losing over 30 pounds. :bigsmile: I'm just so excited though and wanted to let other know. YAY!!

I hope everyone is doing well today. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. Good luck to you all. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I just had to post this morning because I'm in such a good mood. I've been doing pretty lousy the past week or two but somehow managed not to gain any weight. other than 6 ounces. This morning I weighed even though it's not my official weigh in until Thursday and I'm at my one pound weight loss goal I had set for myself for the past two weeks. :happy: I'm at 147.0 this morning. Hopefully on Thursday I'll still be at 147.0 or less. :happy:

Also my size 12 eased fit jeans won't stay up. :noway: When I went to the bathroom I decided to see if I could pull them down without unfastening them and I could! :bigsmile: That's probably because I have no butt to keep them up anymore since losing over 30 pounds. :bigsmile: I'm just so excited though and wanted to let other know. YAY!!

I hope everyone is doing well today. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. Good luck to you all. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty

Hey Betty

What a good job...you must be so excited....way to go:flowerforyou:
  • healthier4me
    Options
    Hi everyone

I have been fighting some darn bug and not getting any exercise in:sick: I am really bummed about that since I feel like a big slug:grumble: Hopefully I feel better soon and I can resume my routine. The darn scale is not cooperating either.

Well that is my vent for today. I am not giving in...this is just a slight bump in the road:indifferent: Hope everyone else is doing well.

Cheers:drinker: :drinker:
  • mommared53
    Options

Betty

Hey Betty

What a good job...you must be so excited....way to go:flowerforyou:

Thank you. Yes it is pretty exciting. I just hope I can make it back home again without my pants falling down. I take a couple buses to get to and from work and it would be kinda embarrassing to have them fall down as I'm getting on or off the bus. :laugh:

Hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    LOL around here the kids wear their pants so their butts hang out. Maybe you ought to sport some funky kinda boxers just in case the worst happens! :laugh:

Congrats! and good luck keeping them up.

NYC was fun, we did a little splurging in Little Italy, but no major damage- or so I thought. My fiance lost 2 lbs... and I gained 'em. :grumble: So I'm just not going to weigh myself anymore!

Another snowstorm today... hopefully enough to drag me out with the 'shoes.... work/life has been too busy to get much exercise in but today I'm going to. GOING TO. (going to try try try!!)

Have a good day all!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I should get some snowshoes. We've had enough snow this winter to make it worthwhile, but I am such a wimp that I don't know if I'd really get out there and do it. Where does one buy snowshoes and what's the price range? Do you need a special boot and bindings?

We've had more snow during the night and I have a feeling I will be in for the day - will be a challenge not to snack to excess. Need to call the Y - hope my aerobics class isn't canceled.I may just end up doing one of my new exercise dvds if the Y is closed. My joints have been bothering me so much lately that I don't feel like doing anything. Doesn't seem normal to have so many aches and pains at this age.

Will touch base later. Have a great day everyone.
    Zaza
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    We're knee deep in snow too and I used to love it but not any more. :grumble: :grumble: But I have been on the tread mill and it's been helping me a lot. I still feel like climbing into a big, warm, soft, fuzzy blanket with a steaming, warm cup of tea and not comming out till spring but that won't happen!!:grumble: Right now I'm on Grandbaby watch and no time to rest. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    Where does one buy snowshoes and what's the price range? Do you need a special boot and bindings?

Any outdoor outfitters would have them. You can also get them online. Atlas and Tubbs are both excellent. Prices start around $100... they come with bindings that adjust to whatever you are wearing.... which should be a decent snow-type, mid-calf waterproof boot... leather gets trashed and you will definitely end up with snow inside your shoes if they don't come up high enough!

Have you tried any supplements to help the joint pain? I know a couple people who use them with success....

Well duty calls - no shoeing today - just TV workout - with the fuzzy blanket and tea as a reward!! :drinker:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Thanks very much!!!
  • Booksarenice
    Booksarenice Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :tongue: was lost for a bit now I'm found! Okay-I was snowed under at work and am just digging my way out only to be sick. Dr. says sinus infection, broncitus and to top it off a bladder infection. Geeezzzzzzzzzz:grumble: I am trying to stick with 1200 calories but husband has been cooking for us the last 2 weeks so I regained 3 lbs due to not being able to workout. But hey- that is life and as soon as I can breathe a little better back to workouts.
    Grannymax- take care of yourself and I am sorry about your loss.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Well today was my official weigh in and I was so frustrated I almost cried. Two days ago after not exercising I had lost 1 pound 8 ounces. Today after excersing the last couple days trying to tone up some, I had gained the weight back again. :mad: It wasn't even that strenous excercising. According to my HRM I only burned 200 calories. I know it's not supposed to be about the number on the scale but this is just so frustrating. :angry: I was so mad I took my scale and put it in my son's room and told him to hide it from me. I'm not weighing myself again until the end of February. :noway: I know the weight is coming off because I'm down another size in a certain style of jeans I buy at WalMart but it would be nice to see the numbers on the scale go down and stay down. I'm going to keep exercising because I really need to tone up but it's still just so stupid frustrating not to see the numbers go down. :cry:

Now that I've ranted I hope everyone else is doing well and having a good day. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Don't get too down. It took me a while after I got stuck to get that number going down again but it is happening, slowly but happening.:wink: When I started walking more and watching what I'm eating closer it started to creep in the right direction. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: And oh yea drink your water and fluids. That helps too.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Just keep going. Its worth it in the long run.:drinker:
  • healthier4me
    Options
    Hi all you Fabulous Fifty Ladies

Hope everyone is having a great day. I am feeling so much better than I was. It is no fun feeling under the weather. The amazing thing is in the past when I would get sick :sick: I would get really sick and need to see a doctor and get some medication. This time (touch wood) it was so different. I am sure the difference has been my new lifestyle changes. My body is happier and I couldn't be more pleased:happy:

This is my first day back fully on my exercise routine and it felt great. I worked out on my treadmill for 65 minutes, my stationary bike for 30 minutes, weight trained for over 20 minutes and did some jumping rope and dancing around for over another 10 minutes. Tomorrow I hope to get out on my snowshoes for a good workout. I really have missed them. Gotta get that darn scale moving again. I didn't gain anything while I was sick but I didn't lose either.

Remember ladies a little exercise goes a long way:heart::heart:

Cheers and happy thoughts to all:drinker:
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    Wow! 95+ minutes of cardio plus weights - in one session! That is fantastic. Apparently you ARE feeling better! :bigsmile:

Unless I'm outside/playing, I get so bored exercising - you must have some kind of trick for sticking it out for such an extended period of time... ??

And I'm learning first hand what happens when I DONT push myself... the scale doesn't push itself, either. :angry:

Maybe I need to be hypnotized :laugh: like those people who are made to do crazy things onstage - only I would do jacks and lunges! :laugh:
  • healthier4me
    Options
    Wow! 95+ minutes of cardio plus weights - in one session! That is fantastic. Apparently you ARE feeling better! :bigsmile:

Unless I'm outside/playing, I get so bored exercising - you must have some kind of trick for sticking it out for such an extended period of time... ??

And I'm learning first hand what happens when I DONT push myself... the scale doesn't push itself, either. :angry:

Maybe I need to be hypnotized :laugh: like those people who are made to do crazy things onstage - only I would do jacks and lunges! :laugh:

Thanks for the support...I had a good chuckle over your comment on being hypnotized:laugh: :laugh:
    We Fabulous Fifty Ladies need to stick together and keep each other motivated:flowerforyou:

I have no trick about sticking to the exercising other than turning on the television and channel surfing to pass the time. When the commercials are on I crank up the speed and jog as long as I can to get my heart rate up. No secrets or tricks just a deep desire to get healthy:bigsmile: :bigsmile: The darn scale that has been not moving too quickly downwards is motivating me to stick to it and work even harder. Although I am down another pound which is good because I hadn't lost anything in the last two weeks.

I got out on my snowshoes yesterday for an hour. It was wonderful even if it was hard going breaking trail in the fresh new foot of snow we got. Today I did my treadmill (65 minutes), my stationary bike (35 minutes), Biggest Loser Boot Camp (30 minutes) and some stretching. So much exercise to do and so little time:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep trying ladies. Remember WE ARE WORTH IT:heart:

Cheers to all:drinker: :drinker:
  • sumer_13
    sumer_13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Betty maybe the gain was from muscle , it weighs more than fat...congrats on the jeans ...hang in there...

LInda :smile:
  • sumer_13
    sumer_13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone , wanted to say hi.....iam new on the board....Had a great day today.....been realy busy , the weather has been so nice today...cleaned my car, garage and house . workout this morning although sunday is my rest day..Just felt intergetic...Hope all had a great sunday...watching ball game and typing !! hew!! hew!! take care

LInda :smile:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Ladies, I don't know how you do it. I just can't seem to get the right mindset to exercise AND watch my calories. That being said, I did try out the Leslie Sansone Fast Walk dvd. I think I put in 20 minutes. I got 12 more minutes of exercise dacning to Bruce Springsteen during the SuperBowl's half-time show. At least I didnt' snack during the game. I'm heading up to bed now quickly before I get tempted to eat.
    Have a good week everyone.
    Zaza
  • mommared53
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I tried on a pair of jeans I have in my closet that says they're a size 14 but I think they're miss labeled. I bought them from Wal Mart clearance on line. There's no way they could be a size 14 unless they're a 14 juniors because I wear a size 10 or 12 depending on the syle of jeans. :huh: These particular jeans fit more like a size 10 regular (no eased fit). Anyway, in the past I couldn't even get them up over my hips. Now not only can I get them over my hips but I can actually get them fastened. :happy: They're too tight though so back in the closet they go for a little while longer.

I'm not going to weigh again until February 27. My son hid my scale for me so I won't be tempted to weigh before then. I should get my Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies dvd this week then I bet I get past this plateau.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Hang in there and keep going. Welcome Sumer_13. Glad to have you join us. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have to say I am at a terrible slump. I know this is a terrible time for me. I believe I get winter depression. I was suppose to workout today but, my husband found other things for us to do.

I hope I can get back on track with my exercise soon.

I am pretty good with my calorie intake. I did go over a little yesterday for the superbowl.

Glad to see so many ladies joining this thread.

Keep up the great work.

Kathy