50+ Women

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I still haven't figured out how to higlight quotations. Even tho I got advice on another thread, I couldn't do it.

As for the quesiton about food plans, I dont' have one either. I "try" to stick to my 1200 calories and that's about it. For me , 1200 calories means not a lot of food since I tend to eat what a like and I am partial to things that taste good (i.e. more fat and/or sugar). :laugh: I'm still working on trying to expand my meal choices. I need to be more organized to do that. I'm always open to suggestions as long as no artifical sweeteners - they make me nasueous.

Have a great week-end. I'm already in a good mood. Started my day with a terrific aerobics class and I get my hair colored and cut this afternoon! Can't wait - am so sick of my gray roots!
    Zaza
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    How do you ladies put the colored quote in so that people know you're responding to a question or comment? The above message is a response to chrispchef.
    Esther

Go the the message you want to respond to and click on the word "quote" then space down a couple spaces after the word [/quote] in that thread and type your message. Click on "post reply".
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    Sounds like you may be eating too little if you're at 1100 and exercising. You need to eat the calories you burn as well. Also, are you drinking water? Glad to have you join us. Does anyone else have advice for chrispchef?

Eating too little? I like that!! :happy: 1100 cals just doesnt seem to be enough. Especially since I started lifting weights... oy! How come the math isn't working for me? Is this an over 50 thing?

It's been 2 weeks, I've only lost .8 lbs, and why bother!!

How do you ladies do it???
  • mommared53
    Options
    Sounds like you may be eating too little if you're at 1100 and exercising. You need to eat the calories you burn as well. Also, are you drinking water? Glad to have you join us. Does anyone else have advice for chrispchef?

Eating too little? I like that!! :happy: 1100 cals just doesnt seem to be enough. Especially since I started lifting weights... oy! How come the math isn't working for me? Is this an over 50 thing?

It's been 2 weeks, I've only lost .8 lbs, and why bother!!

How do you ladies do it???

That's not a current pic of you is it? Because I was wondering why you posted in the 50+ women thread (not that you wouldn't be welcome) and looked at your profile and it says you're 51. The pic looks like she would be your daughter. Just curious about it. :smile:
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    hey mommared, you flatter me! LOL yes, it's my picture - from last year when I was 50.

My dad's side of the family are wide bodied italians with rosy apple cheeks and dark hair, even into their 80s. i'm grateful for the youthful part... the wide-bodied part, not so much.

So yesterday i ate 1300 calories - going snowshoeing today so lets see if the scale budges!! Any ideas are appreciated...

c
  • mommared53
    Options
    hey mommared, you flatter me! LOL yes, it's my picture - from last year when I was 50.

My dad's side of the family are wide bodied italians with rosy apple cheeks and dark hair, even into their 80s. i'm grateful for the youthful part... the wide-bodied part, not so much.

So yesterday i ate 1300 calories - going snowshoeing today so lets see if the scale budges!! Any ideas are appreciated...

c

WOW! I'm so jealous. :tongue: :laugh: I showed your profile to my son and asked him how old he thought you were and he guessed late 20's to early 30's. Lucky lady. :happy: Good luck to you with your weight loss. I'm trying to get my scale to move too. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    I showed your profile to my son and asked him how old he thought you were and he guessed late 20's to early 30's.

well you sho' done a good job raising yer boy! :wink: i really can't complain about the youthful looks...

howver -- if only the REST of the body would cooperate! this lack of weight loss is really getting me down. are we all crawling along at a snail's pace?? sheesh!
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    howver -- if only the REST of the body would cooperate! this lack of weight loss is really getting me down. are we all crawling along at a snail's pace?? sheesh!

......I would answer yes to your last question.....:grumble: .....I'm trying to avoid the scale until the 1st of February, but I'm not feeling like I'm losing......For the last 2 weeks I've walked on the treadmill & done weights for a total of an hour 6 days....actually, 2 days this last week, I walked for 75 minutes....my energy seems to be increasing and I'm sleeping like a baby, but my clothes don't seem to be fitting any better...ugh.....:ohwell: ..tomorrow starts another week....

vee:flowerforyou:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I still haven't figured out how to higlight quotations. Even tho I got advice on another thread, I couldn't do it.
    Hi ZaZa,
    I clicked in your message and dragged to highlight part of it, then clicked Quote.
    It opened a window with your entire message, not just what I highlit. OK so then I highlit what I didn't want to quote and deleted it, leaving the quote and /quote in square brackets in... they seems to be the codes.

We'll see if it works, ;}

No artificial sweeteners. Have you tried Stevia? I like Splenda, but have a friend who can't tolerate Splenda. She swears by Stevia.
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    OMG - I know exactly what you mean about avoiding the scale!! And the clothes still sit in the closet, mocking me. URGH.

So I did some snooping last night and found a really interesting website: www.nowloss.com

They have tons of tips for increasing the rate of weight loss, boosting your metabolism, etc. It all sounds pretty healthy and legit.... so I'm going to try some of the ideas and see if anything helps.

I've heard of Stevia - but haven't seen it anywhere. Do you purchase at the grocery store?
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good morning

I hope you all had a good weekend. I weighed in on Sat and was down 1 lousy pound. I guess I should be happy with that -but would have liked more!! Seem like a missed a bit on the boards this weekend. Maybe I'm glad I don't cruise the boards much! I'm a Monday to Friday type because I only access the site from work - usually. I know I need to use this site on weekends to keep me on track but the guy who is fixing my crashed lap top is out of town.

So can I just say again that I enjoy being able to come to the 50+ board and touch base with people going through the journey.. Sometimes we read about the impatience and about the "why can't I get to goal" but really this is a forever kind of thing. We hear 'I'm doing everything right and nothing is working. I haven't lost weight'' Really if we are doing everything right then it has to be working no matter what the scale says. If we are feeding our bodies correctly and moving a bit more - that is working to improve our health - scales bedamned!! I understand that maintenance (should I ever be strong enough to get to that stage) is more difficult than weight loss. We need to hang in there and adopt habits and routines that will help us eat properly and exercise consistently for the rest of our lives. My goal for this week is to stay away from mindless eating. Lots of stress these days (like most of us) and I have to use all my tricks to deal with issues in an 'non food' way. Sorry didn't mean to ramble on!

Take care

Heather
  • mommared53
    Options
    I showed your profile to my son and asked him how old he thought you were and he guessed late 20's to early 30's.

well you sho' done a good job raising yer boy! :wink: i really can't complain about the youthful looks...

I know I'm crawling along at a snail's pace. Stupid metalolism! :angry:
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    Really if we are doing everything right then it has to be working no matter what the scale says. If we are feeding our bodies correctly and moving a bit more - that is working to improve our health - scales bedamned!!

Great perspective!! "keeping our eye on the prize" without getting sidetracked along the journey. It's a struggle for sure - but you are right, it's a long term commitment to our health, and the benefits may not always be visible from the outside. Thanks for the reminder.

Two positives for today: Been sleeping like a lamb! and Lots More Energy! :smile:
  • Benson
    Options
    Morning all

Chrispchef1 Got to love those positives!

I'm a bit bummed out becasue I am just trying to get a little exercise to become a natural part of my day and wham an infection in - of all places - my big toe!! WTH
    I can't even walk properly nevermind march etc. I will get it looked at today at a walk-in clinic and hopefully be mobile by the weekend. In the mean time I will be very cautious about my food intake. I need to incorporate more fruit and veggies.

Have a good day

Heather
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :smile: So sorry to hear about your infection. :flowerforyou: You sound very determined and thats great. Try moving your arms with 5 lb weights while your toe is gimpy. You can also do chair leg lifts for your oposite leg. :wink: :flowerforyou: Only if you feel like it. Just a suggestion to help you along.:flowerforyou:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Hope everyone is doing well.

Getting lots of exercising in....treadmill, stationary bike, weight training and snowshoeing. Also did some pilates yesterday. Today I started something new. Biggest Loser Bootcamp...what a workout that was. I enjoyed it though:smile:

On a down side the scale has frozen up again:explode: , must be the deep freeze weather we have been getting here in Ontario:noway: However, I took my measurements this morning and I am happy to report that my waist and hips are down another half an inch:happy: Thank goodness, that news will inspire me to keep going. I am not going to give up. I pledged when I started my new lifestyle change in November 08, that I would commit to it wholeheartedly and I still feel as strong:bigsmile: I know that all or most of us have overcome adversity and bumps in the road. We are strong women and we CAN DO THIS:heart:

Sunny but chilly here again today but my snow shoes are calling. I hope everyone has a super day and you do something nice for yourself. Remember you are worth it:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Blessings and cheers to all:drinker: :drinker:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hello all. How are you feeling Heather? I know how frustrating it is not to be able to exercise! And it's hard to live on only 1200 calories (at the very least it's not as much fun). Hope you're up and around very soon.
    I was a slug yesterday - glued to the inauguration. I need to get moving today since I have been in a bit of a slump. Can't seem to get the right mindset.
    Take care everyone.
    Zaza
  • Benson
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the concern for my poor toe. Today I can walk flat again so tonight I'll try my walking dvd. I have stayed within my calories for two days. Its warm here but should be gettng cold again soon. I got an appointment with my doctor - July 30!! I can't believe that but I'll keep it anyway because the way things are going, I'll have something else wrong with me by then!!
    Goals for today
    water, water, water
    exercise 30 minutes
    eat fruit and veggies

Take care

Heather
  • zaza54
    Options
    Very positive attitude Heather. Your specific goals are motivating me to do the same. Thanks.
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    We are strong women and we CAN DO THIS:heart:

Thanks for the motivation! Even though it's somewhere in the back of my mind, it REALLY helps to hear (read) it!

Heather, your doctor must be very, VERY important! :wink: But maybe the thinking is that your toe will be better really soon?! Hope so.

If it wasn't for snowshoeing, I don't think I would budge off this chair. I work from home, and there's not much incentive to shovel out the car when it's like this. But I took a 'lunchtime shoe' around my woods and it was amazing. Mother Nature in all her glory, and it totally takes the mind off the 'i am exercising' part. Distractions are good!

and the scale finally budged .6 - wonder if MFP has scales with increments in .01 lbs - !! :yawn: