Sixers Love Yourself Challenge

Options

Replies

• pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    just got a strange phone call....from my bank...what!! it's sunday night....
    called the number back and they said they needed to go through some debt changes to make sure they weren't fraud charges. they were all mine....i will be calling my bank in the morning that's for sure....now DH's atm card was sent to the wrong address and we just got that straight and changed the address on mine. when you change your address for your checking they don't pass the info on to the other depts. so i could see them calling him about his card not mine. anyway will question this call.

back tomorrow...

They didn't ask you for your number or the expiration date, did they? It sounds weird that they would do it on a Sunday....
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I worked for a major bank for 10 years and the fraud department didnt normally make calls like that on weekends. My recommendation to you would be that if you get a call like that ask them if you can call them back. Get a name, phone # and extention where you can reach them at and then immediately call them back. Also they will NEVER ask you for your account # or your full social security #. Only last 4. It is sad that we have to be so careful of these things and that their are people out there who are dishonest and out to hurt you!

I hope they put your mind at ease tomorrow when you call them!

Amy:heart:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    my phone only rang once, so i didn't pick up. they left a mssg and # to call them back, which was an 800#. i didn't have to give her any info except my phone # that the mssg was left at and name. she had all of the last 5 transactions. i did get her name and i have the #. i know my first thought was be careful and don't give out any info, but, get it from her. i have been with this bank for 20 yrs. so seemed strange to me.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    So how did the weekend finish out for everyone?? I hope you each feel good about the over-all picture :happy:

Cathy, I agree with everyone - call your bank to be sure because people are getting pretty darn clever with the scam game, sadly.

Here's my plan for tomorrow:

1. Almond butter banana oatmeal
    2. chocolate protein shake
    3. homemade veggie burger (left-overs)
    4. 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus & alfalfa sprouts
    5. baked salmon fillet, 1/2 cup brown rice & 1.5 cups steamed brussels sprouts
    6. homemade blueberry vanilla smoothie

work-out is the weight training class and *possibly* 15 minutes or so of cardio beforehand, depending on how quickly I get there.

We're going to be out and about for much of tomorrow again so if I'm not around that's why!!
    Have a GREAT Monday ladies! Last day before week 2 of this challenge :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Your bank should not talk about your account on an answering machine! It is called 3rd Party Disclosure and is against the law. ANYONE could be listening and they are not aloud to do that! This is sounding really fishy. I hope it all ends up being legitimate!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Ugh.. :grumble: It's midnight, I've tried 3 times to get to bed now and my mind is just RACING! About nothing in particular... everything... I don't know! So frustrating. So I've planned out my meals for the next 3 days. At least it's something productive to do! I also decided I'd give a try to something new since I do tend to eat the same sorts of things. On Wednesday (I think) I'm going to have a chicken caesar pita for supper. Usually super fatty right?? Well this will be a good sized serving for 350 calories :bigsmile:
    1/2 a whole wheat pita
    3 oz grilled skinless chicken breast
    1.5 cups shredded spinach
    1/4 red bell pepper
    63g (I'll get a better measurement when I make it) homemade healthy caesar dressing

dressing (serves 6):
    1 cup plain fat free yogurt
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1 tbsp fat free mayo
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese
    1 tbsp dijon mustard
    2 garlic cloves finely minced

puree all. add anchovy if desired. 1 serving is only 62 cals and has 6g of protein!

Alright, I'm off to try this sleep thing again. I feel like I'm bursting with energy. I can tell I need sleep though. I guess you could call this the negative aspect of being really on-the-ball. The endorphins and nutrition are keeping me up :laugh: I'll take it though :tongue:

Good night sixers! *mwah!* :heart:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Your bank should not talk about your account on an answering machine! It is called 3rd Party Disclosure and is against the law. ANYONE could be listening and they are not aloud to do that! This is sounding really fishy. I hope it all ends up being legitimate!

the mssg left was just to call them....nothing else was said until i did call back.
    i just got off the phone with the bank and they said that yes, the freud dept does do this and that was who it was. they monitor accts and when something looks funny they call to verify the last 5 or so transactions. if all are correct everything is ok. i told her i was a little scared on this call. she said she understood, but, something must have caught their eye. she asked if i had been traveling or anything and if there were any different/strange transactions, i said no just itunes, resturants, pharmacy. but, itunes did have 6 pending $1.00 fees for a few days, when i only ordered one song for .99. they may be what caught them. cause it never came out of my acct. just stayed pending. but, i check my acct everyday so will be watching it. shanell knows this from experience someone changing on your card. so we are pretty careful.

anyway, slipping a little here. hanging on, talking with myself that i can do this. i will be fine. just feeling down that may be why.
    need to get some things done around here.

later.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey gals! Not much time to talk, but I am here! Hope you're all having a fabulous morning!!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Chipper- Well, I am glad it turned out fine in the end! Sounds like they are looking out for you!

I had a good weekend. The food choices were not wonderful but I did go to the gym Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I feel like I am finally going somewhere with this in the right way. I just need to get my eating in line with the exercise and I will hopefully start melting away.

On Saturday while I was there , there was a kick boxing class going on. That is my new fitness goal, to be able to do that class. Those people were sweating withing 10 minutes of that class starting. It seemed like an awesome workout!

Not sure about my food for the day. I am not good at all at planning, unlike Pedal who has 3 days planned out! Yikes!

Have a wonderful day ladies!

Amy:heart:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Good morning :drinker: I did manage to get to sleep last night which is nice. But I weighed myself this morning... I don't know why I do this. I wake up feeling bloated, my ring isn't sliding off my hand, so I WEIGH myself. On one hand I know I'm holding water and on the other hand I still feel down seeing the numbers. Being absolutely on track, I KNOW I didn't gain 2 lbs over the weekend but somehow that isn't comforting me right now. I think it's that being in the 160's then seeing 170s again thing. Anyway need to get on with the day!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Rhiannon, it's times like this you need to give yourself some love... Let's hear it girl! lol

Amy, I'm not letting you or Kristin off the hook either!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Just a quick hello ladies! It's my last week at home before heading back to school. Today is kind of a funny day. My mom came down with a bad flu/stomach virus last night so for probably only the 2nd or 3rd time in my life I am for sure taking care of her instead of her taking care of me!! Weird. Crossing my fingers that I don't catch it as well, but we will have to wait and see!

I will check back in later, going to another "shadowing experience" tonight with the administrator of our local hospital and have to go in for a root canal on Tuesday, yuck!!!

Have a great day!!
    :heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...today I LOVE that I made such a WONDERFUL lunch!

2 slices pumpernickel rye bread
    3 slices marble cheese
    6 slices turkey lunch meat
    a little fat free mayo and mustard and a handful or spinach leaves

on the side...
    14 baby carrots
    AE YoLite yogurt
    15 Sundried tomato and basil wheat thins
    2 small clementine oranges

YUM!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Hmmm...today I LOVE that I made such a WONDERFUL lunch!

2 slices pumpernickel rye bread
    3 slices marble cheese
    6 slices turkey lunch meat
    a little fat free mayo and mustard and a handful or spinach leaves

on the side...
    14 baby carrots
    AE YoLite yogurt
    15 Sundried tomato and basil wheat thins
    2 small clementine oranges

YUM!

That sounds seriously GOOD! Now I am hungry. What is pumpernickel rye bread???? I have never heard of it. Heidi

Oh I forget to add my Love for the day, so here goes...I love that I am a peacemaker. Also I screwed up my weekend...but today is a new day and I love that I am not letting it get me down.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Kristin, 3 slices of marble cheese, that is a sandwich from heaven! Yummm... Oh, and I'm sure the turkey is good too... lol

Heidi, it's really only a bump in the road on those bad weekends. Good job not letting it get to you and slow you down even more!

amylou, root canal... ick! That's all I can say. Make sure you get plenty of rest and take care of yourself. By the way, what do you love about yourself today?
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Rhiannon, it's times like this you need to give yourself some love... Let's hear it girl! lol

Amy, I'm not letting you or Kristin off the hook either!

Today I love that I feel so good after 3 days of making it to the gym!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Good morning :drinker: I did manage to get to sleep last night which is nice. But I weighed myself this morning... I don't know why I do this. I wake up feeling bloated, my ring isn't sliding off my hand, so I WEIGH myself. On one hand I know I'm holding water and on the other hand I still feel down seeing the numbers. Being absolutely on track, I KNOW I didn't gain 2 lbs over the weekend but somehow that isn't comforting me right now. I think it's that being in the 160's then seeing 170s again thing. Anyway need to get on with the day!

Dont let it get you down! I stepped on that scale today too and was 2 pounds up after a good weekend of working out. I think it is water retention in the muscles since they are sore and not used to this new found love (not really love but I am trying to convince myself:laugh: )for the gym. I bet your 2 pounds will be gone tomorrow, drink extra water today!
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    HEY LADIES! CHIPPER I AM GLAD THE BANK THING WORKED OUT... A SIMILAR THING HAPPENED TO ME WITH MY CREDIT CARD (TOTALLY FREAKED ME OUT) ... ANYWAYS I FELL OFF THE WAGON IN THE FOOD DEPT THIS WEEKEND (I WAS AT THE BF'S HOUSE, NEVER EASY).... BUT ON THE POSITIVE SIDE I DID A TONNNN OF SHOVELING PROBABLY 6+ HOURS... SO THE CALORIES DIDN'T WORK OUT ALL THAT BAD! :bigsmile: EITHER WAY I AM GOING TO GET BACK ON TRACK AND STAY ON TRACK!!! .... OOO... SOOOO EXCITED I GOT A NEW PAIR OF BOOTS AND CUTE SHOES FOR REACHING MY FIRST 10LB GOAL (I AM GOING TO GET NEW JEANS WHEN I HIT 20LBS LOST :bigsmile:) SHOPPING IS SUCH A GOOD MOTIVATOR FOR ME!!!!!:happy: WHAT MOTIAVTES YOU GALS? :bigsmile: (THINK FUN MOTIVATION...):drinker: WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MYSELF IS THAT I NEVER JUDGE PEOPLE ... (SOMETIMES I THINK I AM A BIT TOO TRUSTING... ALL PEOPLE ARE GOOD SORT OF THING ... CONSIDERING I LIVE IN A WICKED DANGEROUS CITY, BUT I THINK IF YOU RESPECT OTHERS YOU WILL BE RESPECTED IN RETURN :bigsmile: ... HAVE A HAPPY HEALTHY DAY LADIES! THANKS FOR YOU SUPPORT (AS ALWAYS)!!! EM
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My weekend was so-so. I am working on getting all my good habits back up to where they were in early November. I am exercising, but not as often as I want to. I did not get all my water in each day, but I got some in. And as for meal planning that is still nowhere near where it should be. I am trying to focus on these things. I had a great workout this morning at the community center & burned 486 calories. I have eaten healthy meals, but probably overdid it a bit. I really need to get on the ball here. Is anyone else having a hard time getting everything back to "normal" or "healthy choices"? I did set up my rewards system, but that isn't motivating me as much as I wish it were.

Have a great day everyone:happy:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey Ladies!! I just read all the post. I am so glad we can come to each other with anything. :wink:

Cathy- I'm impressed w/ your running everyday. I am looking to work towards that goal. YAY for you! As for the job, I will be working for KOOL SMILES, its a dental corporation that works on kids up to 18 yrs old. Its in Newport News, Virginia (20 min from Va. Beach, Va). I'll be close to my family so it makes me happy. Also I will be helping people who can't usually afford dental treatment, so that warms my heart. I can't wait. Oh, as for the bank thing, that happened to me before, they call when they think something is wrong. I was alarmed too. Glad it worked out to be an actual situation.

Pedal- Thanks for the advice on trying a new workout every week. I have been trying to stick with that for some time now, so my body won't get used to my routines so quickly. I'm sorry today you feel bloated but it doesn't last always, thank God. You have made wonderful progress, you have lost 50 lbs and you are organized w/ your meals. You motivate me, keep it up! Oh yeah, thanks for the recipe.

Robin- my apartment searching started w/ me viewing 15 places before I left town last wed but my lovely mother has been continuing to look for me. If she likes it, I look on line. Its not that bad but I have a scout on site. LOL. Gotta love momma's.

Amy- Glad you had a great weekend. I love kickboxing classes. I'm sure it was tons of fun. Keep up the good work.

Amylou- my heart goes out to you. I hope your mother feels better soon. As for you and this root canal, make sure if you feel ANY discomfort you tell the dentist. It doesn't take any extra effort for them to give you some extra pain management. I got a root canal while I was in dental school and it sucked knowing all the steps she was doing. It can be a long procedure but I hope yours goes well. After they start it you shouldn't have much pain once the nerve is removed. Good luck girlie.

Kristin- your lunch sounded wonderful. :)

Heidi- peacemaking is a wonderful trait to have. The world needs more people like you!!! Good job staying on track.

As for me: I am proud today, I woke up at 6:15 and worked out! 30 min on the treadmill. YAY. I am trying to get this habit going before I start my job because I will need to do it everyday before I get a child who hates the dentist. LOL. I ate an orange and banana and a bowl of cereal. Not pre planned but I'm working on that. :wink: Also, I was up late last night and I realized how blessed I am to be able to address my food addiction. that's my love thing today: My motivation to stay w/ my weight removal goals and to look towards a healthy life. I was watching a show on food addicts and It made me tearful. I realize that everyday can be a struggle. No, I don't weigh 945 lbs like the guy did, but I had some of his feelings at one time in my life. I thank all of you for keeping me focused and I'm glad we are all moving in a positive direction.

Have a great day everyone!
    Take care,
    Tamm