Sixers Love Yourself Challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...today I LOVE that I made such a WONDERFUL lunch!

2 slices pumpernickel rye bread
    3 slices marble cheese
    6 slices turkey lunch meat
    a little fat free mayo and mustard and a handful or spinach leaves

on the side...
    14 baby carrots
    AE YoLite yogurt
    15 Sundried tomato and basil wheat thins
    2 small clementine oranges

YUM!

That sounds seriously GOOD! Now I am hungry. What is pumpernickel rye bread???? I have never heard of it. Heidi

Pumpernickle rye is dark brown rye bread...it's really good but definetely has a unique flavor so some people love and others not so much. I also like it with hummus and alfalfa sprouts.

You should try it!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    :explode: I'm so MAD at myself today! I COMPLETELY let that stupid number on the scale take me down and I absolutely medicated myself with food. I've been on SUCH a roll lately and just last night I was reflecting on how amazing I have been feeling. Perhaps I was subconsciously expecting that since I've been SO good I would still see a good number even with feeling bloated and I set myself up for an even bigger fall. I don't know :grumble: So after I made the big chocoholic mistake earlier in the day I reminded myself that I had every opportunity to just go on with my day and not let THAT compound on my pre-existing scale frustrations but sadly it hasn't worked out that way. I've been trying desperately to get something together for Leith's birthday coming up in 2.5 weeks and that has also stressed me out which has augmented my challenge in not turning to food. Basically aside from the chocolate earlier it's been a matter of having 2 rather than 1 servings of what I'd planned and I've had almost no water today. I'm heading to the gym for my weight training class in 30 minutes and maybe that will help me snap out of it. I know I have the power to turn it around any moment I choose. You know, venting this I realize that the deeper root of my frustration today is that tomorrow is the new check-in and I know my lower number was sticking until my water-retention today and I've made it worse by my choices. On one hand the check-ins are good and on the other it can make a bad day seem a LOT worse if it's on a Monday!!! I just have to make peace with it and move on right? I'll rearrange my supper and make it lighter and remember that one weigh-in doesn't make or break my credibility with myself. I have been doing really well and feeling great about it.

Thanks for listening :blushing:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

What I love about myself:

I love the musculature that's coming out in my upper body (chest, shoulders etc).

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ladies-
    Is it too late for me to get in on the action?
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Kristen, that lunch did sound absolutely wonderful! :tongue: I wish I had had that instead of a plain roast beef sandwich with popcorn. :laugh:

Rhiannon- It's OK to fall off every once in a while, but just remember to find your way back on. At least you know what's wrong. Just keep your thoughts running on what is good and what is bad. I know tonight, I really wanted to pig out and splurge, but I kept telling myself, no I want to get this weight off this year. Think of something that motivates you and keep replaying it in your head. Good luck.

Mom, I've had the bank call me on Saturdays before about charges that looked funny. That's when we went to MA. And hop back on the wagon lady!!! I'm gonna kick your butt if you don't woman! :laugh: You know I love ya.

I'm hoping that my weigh in will be what it was this morning or better. Pray.

Meals:
    B- cereal and milk
    S- Banana and oatmeal
    L- Roast beef sandwich and popcorn
    S- 100 cal snack
    D- Baked ziti
    S- Low fat cheesecake

Love me- I love how motivated I have been lately!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weigh in tomorrow!!!:flowerforyou:

Good night!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    I just started another thread for tomorrow, see Sixers Love Yourself Challenge - Week 2

KGE, of COURSE not!! Join in! Please let us know a little about yourself :smile: We start a new thread on Tuesdays and weigh in then. We also do a weigh-in on Fridays unofficially. The goal during the challenge is to shed 15% - 20% of your weight to lose. You can take measurements starting and ending if you want :glasses: Welcome!

Shanell, thanks for the pep talk :wink:

More later!! :heart:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I read through most of the posts in the first thread and was so encouraged. I will weigh in tonight as my scale here is broken so I will have to get it at work. Also, running out of time now, but will fill you all in later. Thanks so much and have a fabulous day, all!

:heart: Katie
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Pedal, Have you considered going back to weighing only once a week? If you want to do that we could have a buddy system if that would be helpful. Do you ever ALLOW yourself to have something that is not really healthy, but a treat that you enjoy? I ask because I am working on changing my thinking; all-or-nothing or diet vs. not dieting thinking. Most naturally thin people don't think "I can't have that" and that is the first thought that leads to disaster for me.

Katie, welcome to the group. Remember to look for the new thread.

I'm, heading to new thread now.
  • 1347debba
    Options
    Hello ,and HELP. I haven't been on for a while now , and gained . I need help, support to get going again. Don't know if there is help out there? I sure hope so. Deb
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    welcome newbies. i am real cranky today, so forgive me. i bumped up the week 2 thread for y'all to read some more posts.
    again welcome you can add your beginning weight there. there is new thread started every tuesday.